shape
carat
color
clarity

moonstone ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
Hello again! We were walking around in Yokohama and stopped in a jewelry shop, and this caught both of our eyes. John NEVER impulse buys anything, and is not much of a sentimental gift-giver- I'll be the one who gets a blender for her 1st wedding anniversary! So imagine my surprise when he says, "do you really like it?" and bought it! He said it's my wedding present. :) It's about a 5 mm royal blue moonstone, in platinum 900, with .02 ct of diamonds. The first picture shows how it looks straight on, and the second is the best picture I could get of the color-change. It is the coolest stone I have ever seen!

moonstonejlsring.JPG

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
that is so pretty! very unique....I''ve never seen anything like it. I like how it appears to be different colors at times....

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the color change! And the shape is very reminiscent of your ering as well...

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
It's gorgeous!!
36.gif
I have a blue moonstone too and theres something so magical about those stones. Love it!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Moonstones are my favorite stones, the bluer the better.

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the kind words. :) I LOVE hearts, and I like things that are a little different, which is why this ring stood out to me. I like how it picks up different colors- if I wear pink, it looks kind of purple, but if I wear blue it is this gorgeous transparent deep blue color. I''m hooked! I think moonstone is much more popular in Japan than the states- there is moonstone jewelry in every store here, but I can''t recall ever really seeing it at home. They mostly set it in platinum, whereas from what I could find online it''s almost always in silver in the US. Does anyone know how fragile it really is? I can''t find much info, and I''m finding between 3.5 on the hardness scale, to 7! I''ve been babying it like I do pearls, but it would be nice to know how much of that''s really necessary. :)

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, very cool ring! I don''t think i''ve ever seen moonstones set in anything other than silver, it looks awesome in that setting. I don''t know how hard moonstones are ( you might want to try posting in the colored stones forum) but i do have a cheapy moonstone ring, which i don''t wear often at all and it''s pretty scratched. So they do seem pretty soft and it must be a good idea to be careful with it.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with FireGoddess. The setting goes well with your ering. Love the color shift also.

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE moonstones so pretty congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results