shape
carat
color
clarity

Mom''s vintage rings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I love my moms jewelry. But I have always been super fond of a few of her pieces. One I own (I posted awhile back) and the other two I still drool over everytime I see them. She has my great grandmas engagement ring and I just love everyhting about it. It;s simple and classy and sparkles like a diamong 4x it''s size. The other was my grandmas ring that my grandpa had made for her. It''s a STUNNING sapphire and diamon cluster-esqu ring with a .51 G FL diamond in the middle (the stone was an anniversary present to my grandma I do believe), it''s HUGE on your hand but it''s been a dream ring of mine since I was a wee little lass. anyway I snuck over there yesterday and tooks some pics.

mmomring01.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

It''s on my thumb, it desperatley needs to be resized, since it doesn''t even fit my mom. Poor little dear just hangs out in her jewelry box all day with her other sparklies.

mmomring0222.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I know the center is just under a half carat, but I don''t know the other specs. It''s eyeclean which is great.
I just adore this ring, it''s very simple, but I''ve always loved it.

mmomring0333.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
That cluster ring is so unique! Thanks for sharing your mom''s pieces.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
They are both lovely! I love the use of saphires, thanks for sharing!
36.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
How perfect would that sapphire ring would be for your something blue one day?
31.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 9:25:16 AM
Author: BeachRunner
How perfect would that sapphire ring would be for your something blue one day?
31.gif
Oh trust me, I''m ALL over that! :)
It could also be my something old, but I don;t know about borrowed, I don''t think I could give it back!
2.gif

And thanks for your wonderful comments ladies!

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Oh, both of those rings look so adorable and sweet! I love vintage jewelry from all eras, especially rings, except ones from the 80s.
5.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 9:19:29 AM
Author: ckrickett
I know the center is just under a half carat, but I don''t know the other specs. It''s eyeclean which is great.

This ring is so pretty!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely and unique pieces, thanks so much for sharing them!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful, I love the sapphire one!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 9:17:43 AM

It''s on my thumb, it desperatley needs to be resized, since it doesn''t even fit my mom. Poor little dear just hangs out in her jewelry box all day with her other sparklies.

Gah!!! That ring is just amazing!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 10:05:35 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Date: 2/16/2009 9:17:43 AM

Gah!!! That ring is just amazing!!
That one and the art nouveau one she gave me are my ALLTIME favorites. I know she wants to split it into 3 different rings, one for me, my sister, and her. it''s almost a shame but it''s also the only way me and my sister can come to a compromise as to who gets it.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Very cool rings!!! I must say it`s kind of a nice idea splitting the ring into 3 so that all of you can share it.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 9:19:29 AM

They''re both beautiful, but I love LOVE this one! One of my favorite setting styles!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results