shape
carat
color
clarity

Mom's 2.56 ct RB Upgrade

Attached

Rough_Rock
I got my hands on my mother's upgrade and had to snap a few pictures because let's face it I will never be able to get this ring off my mother's finger again LOL. My father finally decided to bite the bullet and surprise my mother this incredible ring for their 25 year anniversary. I don't have the specifics on center stone or the ring. Sorry! Here is what I do know: The ring was custom made in one of LA's diamond district and the center stone is GIA, E color, VVS1, EX/EX/EX, and no florescence. My parents are superstitious and wouldn't consider anything lower in clarity. My parents were arranged here in the U.S., my father was 24 and my mother was 20, and their first time meeting each other was on their WEDDING DAY! It sounds a bit crazy in my mind still... because I can't see myself in that situation..., but 25 years later my parents are still happily married with three children. My parents say that in here in America people do things backwards... Americans fall in love then get married, whereas they got married and then fell in love LOL. Since, they were arranged my mother's parents bought my dad his wedding ring and my father's parents bought my mom her rings. Her wedding set was a little over a carat and wasn't the best quality. Neither of my parents had a say in what they got! Now she has this beauty to wear and cherish everyday.

Just for reference my finger is a size 6.

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

What a story! And the ring is so pretty!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is some ring and a quite a story! Congrats to your parents!

Is the center stone 2.56 or does the whole ring total 2.56? It is beautiful!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! What a neat story! I'm glad your parents marriage was so successful!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, it's gorgeous!!! Talk about bling and finger coverage!! :love: What an amazing 25th anniversary present!

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely story and a lovely ring! Here's to another 25 years. :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful story and a beautiful ring.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is amazing and totally blingalicious!!! Huge congrats on your parents' 25 anniversary...it's a huge accomplishment in today's world!!! But tell your dad that regardless of the fact that his own "first i get married-then i fall in love" story worked out well, it was really him that did it all backwards and not the rest of us who first fell in love and then got married...(and please make sure that you follow the right order yourself too ;-) :razz: ).

Attached

Rough_Rock
MissGotRocks: The center stone is 2.56 ct. I'm not sure how many carats the ring is total, even my mom doesn't know :lol: because she too in love with the ring to even care at the moment.

natyLad: When he told me this I told him, "Dad, you are in America. You did it backwards here. If you were back home, then you would have done things the right way :lol:"

Thank to everyone else with the kind greetings :)

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Amazing story and ring. Congrats to your parents and thank you for sharing! :wavey:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhhhhhh :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:
Every woman should have a beautiful ring like that for their 25 !!!!

I LOVE the story, how sweet and sentimental,
so wonderful and amazing that you get to first see your new husband
ON YOUR WEDDING DAY !!!!!!
Your parents are blessed.

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to your parents!!! :appl:
I say, whatever order works, because it got them to 25 yrs!

The ring is a showstopper, for sure!

Attached

Rough_Rock
Thank you ihy138, ooo~Shiney!, and *Twinkle*twinkle*. I can only hope that when I'm married I'll be as happy as they are. I wouldn't mind getting a 25 year anniversary upgrade close to this bling LOL

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
what a sweet story and I'm glad that they are still so happy after 25 years!!! here's to many more and that you will one day get a ring as beautiful as your mother's :))

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
What an amazing ring! I love your parents story too, so many happy marriages started that way, perhaps we do do it backwards here! Congrats to parents!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results