clarity

Modern Vintage Ring from ERD

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
I love love LOVE this ring! Beautiful! :clap:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice for your bands. It wil look fabulous. Enjoy working with David Klass! He is really nice to work with and his craftmanship is great.

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!!!! :love: :love:

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all the comments everyone!! Nearly a year later and I'm still head over heels in love with my ring. So thanks to everyone who helped me through the craziness.

Digging through my old posts, I started off wanting a cushion, then an emerald cut, finally a round. Then went through around 4 different setting designs. At least I did my due diligence!! :shifty:

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
I thought I'd end this post with pics of my two bands from David Klass! Love them both!! Thanks PS for introducing me to two outstanding vendors.

image_3374.jpg image_3373.jpg image_3370.jpg image_3360.jpg image_3356.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great combo's! My personal favorite is with the RG eternity.
Thanks for sharing :wavey:

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Thanks DS and Acinom!! Sorry for the filthy engagement ring, it needs a bath pronto.

Also more views. I like it best paired with either the RG band or the ruby band, but I'm not one to stack 3 rings. I like them in twos, perhaps cause it lengthens the fingers more.

image_3365.jpg
image_3359.jpg
image_3371.jpg

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring, I like it paired with the RG but each option is lovely.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I love seeing unique combinations, and these are done so well. Thank you for sharing these gorgeous photos.

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
A couple more of it paired with the rose gold, a yummy warm pink.

image_3375.jpg image_3376.jpg
image_3378.jpg

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Specs:
- 18k white gold eternity band, milgrain, set with .52cts of natural princess cut rubies and .20cts of G color, VS-SI1 clarity round brilliant diamonds, size 4.5
- Pave set 14k rose gold eternity band. Diamonds are 0.57cts, VS, F-G colour, size 4.5

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing more pics!

I wanted to ask you whether the engraving of your ring has grown on you? Initially you had some plans of changing it. Is that still the case?

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1429379848|3864149 said:
Thanks for sharing more pics!

I wanted to ask you whether the engraving of your ring has grown on you? Initially you had some plans of changing it. Is that still the case?

Honestly, everything else about my engagement ring is so perfect that I do want to eventually change the engraving. I'll probably ask Chris to just do a new setting with the exact same specs, but do the swirly engraving. I would also want him to make it a comfort fit, rounded on the inside shank and mine is quite sharp and square and it hurts to put it on and off. The swirly engraving actually appears on the gold that surrounds the centre diamond, and on one side it's not perfectly centred, so I'd get them to fix that too. I even considered changing the profile of the basket...I wouldn't make it a closed basket as I want the underside of the diamond to be accessible. But it could be prettier than it currently is.

I'd probably do a similar profile to this. Since mine doesn't have a bezel like this, I'd have the claw prongs come from the gold surrounding the centre diamond, rather than coming from the basket like mine does.And I'd do the engraving similar to this ring too.https://www.singlestone.com/rings_c29/corinne_p366/

How do you like the engraving on your CS gemstone ring with a similar shank to mine?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Redroze1 :wavey: Thanks for sharing this so honestly!
If you indeed also consider changing tne setting itself, take some time for the CAD phase: Personally I like your profile better, but that's a very petsonal choice. The inspiration ring from Single Stone is egg shaped, while ours have a fluted shape. Do you mean thaf you will change that as well? Both options are lovely but it could influence the way it combines with your beautiful bands.

I love mine, but the fact that it's an occasional ring influences the way I look at it. I am thrilled with it and do not want to change anything. However, had it been a daily ring the engraving would have bothered me. Compared to the engraving of my Victor Canera ring, the engraving is of lesser quality. There is nothing wrong with it, but Victor just has a better engraver who can mske the engraving look much more balanced and the tiny motives more clear and the engraving feels smooth instead of sharp edged.

Good luck making your decisions. Overall you have a perfect ring that looks super on you!! One of my PS favourites.

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1429427743|3864358 said:
Hi Redroze1 :wavey: Thanks for sharing this so honestly!
If you indeed also consider changing tne setting itself, take some time for the CAD phase: Personally I like your profile better, but that's a very petsonal choice. The inspiration ring from Single Stone is egg shaped, while ours have a fluted shape. Do you mean thaf you will change that as well? Both options are lovely but it could influence the way it combines with your beautiful bands.

I love mine, but the fact that it's an occasional ring influences the way I look at it. I am thrilled with it and do not want to change anything. However, had it been a daily ring the engraving would have bothered me. Compared to the engraving of my Victor Canera ring, the engraving is of lesser quality. There is nothing wrong with it, but Victor just has a better engraver who can mske the engraving look much more balanced and the tiny motives more clear and the engraving feels smooth instead of sharp edged.

Good luck making your decisions. Overall you have a perfect ring that looks super on you!! One of my PS favourites.

I tend to look at my ring holistically and the profile and my lack of extreme enthusiasm for it, does dampen things. The top down is so gorgeous that looking at the profile is a slight let down. When I wear my band though, I don't see the profile so it's not an issue.

I have to say that the DK bands are exceptionally made, from inside to out, and I know he casted them too. I know they're less complicated than my ering but for the price, I'm astoundingly happy with the results from David Klass, even more so than ERD/BE. To be fair, because I spent more on ERD/BE I expected more, if that makes sense.

Because it's fluted (which I like) I wonder if the engraving doesn't quite 'work' with it? There's so little surface area. Another thing I considered was just removing the engraving altogether and just edging the profile in migrain.

I don't own any engraved pieces so nothing to compare to. I do think the swirly engraving on my ring looks finer, when compared to the wheat engraving.

You like the basket on mine? That's good to know! I did search for a bunch of profiles and the only one I would have considered is this one from LAD, Elisabeth solitaire. I originally wanted to do this cause it had a pretty tulip shape, but I also wanted surprise diamonds in the profile, which is why I went with straight lines in my basket.http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/the-elisabeth-solitaire/

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that DK offers excellent quality for very sharp prices!! My next projects will all be with DK.

Yes, I do love your profile including the wheat engraving as well as the scroll engraving. But again: that is such a personal choice.

I love the LAD ring profile as well. But I love love love yours. Just ask Chris or Mark for advice.

_29219.jpg

_29220.jpg

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Acinom you have a great eye and your note makes me feel you see something I'm not seeing! Thanks!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your new bands, they are beautifully made and look wonderful with your ering!

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Junebug!!! You've been here throughout and know how important it was for me to find a good match!!! Love them both immensely.

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys! Thought I'd post an update since I noticed a Rocky Talky post that suggested my e-ring setting as an option for them. Also, someone had asked about the quality of the ERD/BE cast ring. I love my ring but there are two updates I'll be making. They did a squared shank on the inside and frankly, it's sharp on the edges and doesn't feel comfortable going on and off. I put up with it before but really, it just isn't comfortable. I had assumed that comfort fit would be a default so I didn't mention it during the design stage. Also, I love my rose gold pave ring from DK. So...since I need to update my e-ring setting anyway, I plan on doing the exact same setting, but in rose gold with a white gold basket. With a comfort finish. This will be done within the next few years - basically whenever I can time a visit to New York. Finally, I'm going to do a scrolly engraving all around the shank, as the wheat engraving never appealed to me. Hope this is helpful for anyone!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your update! Will you get a discount at BE when you have your ring redone? You could also consider contacting David Klass. He made a gorgeous yellow gold version for yanaazul. He has an amazing engraver who can do the beautiful scroll engraving.

_1707.jpeg

_1708.jpeg

_1709.jpeg

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Sooo pretty! DK said he couldn't copy it exactly as single stone is near him and they're friends. What I love most about mine is the side profile and I'd like to keep that.

image_378.jpg

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, your ring is luscious!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always enjoy seeing pics of your beautiful ring. And I am actually hoping you will change your mind in the coming years and decide to keep it after all 8-) . It's such a luscious combination with your band.

Wendylynne

Shiny_Rock
i hope your reincarnated ring works out. I believe our rings were done at the same time by them.. I had major issues with the first one and even more issues with the 2nd ring that ERD did for me. I would strongly encourage you to shop it around.

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Wendylynne|1454278516|3984798 said:
i hope your reincarnated ring works out. I believe our rings were done at the same time by them.. I had major issues with the first one and even more issues with the 2nd ring that ERD did for me. I would strongly encourage you to shop it around.

Your avatar looks like a different ring than your oval with half moons and halo. Do you have a close up of it? I'm sorry to hear about all the issues, I do remember your posts. The engraving and the shank inside, and a slightly imbalanced engraving on one side of the basket, are my problems with it. Also, there appears to be a nick on the shank and it came that way. And the shank is a bit curvy on one area. I think I ignored all these things because I loved the ring overall, but it was little details like this that didn't make me supremely happy, which I think anyone should be despite it being CAST or Handforged.

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1454264489|3984691 said:
I always enjoy seeing pics of your beautiful ring. And I am actually hoping you will change your mind in the coming years and decide to keep it after all 8-) . It's such a luscious combination with your band.

I wish I was happy with it too! But given the tiny issues that i mentioned to Wendy, all of it combined doesn't make me happy with the ring. I wish I could get images of it...I'll give it a try later.

Here we go...in this photo, you can see a dark 'gash' mark on the right that looks like a shadow, on the polished part. I'm not sure what happened there as it doesn't feel like a gash, but it's like discolouration. It looked like that when I first received it. You can also see just how squared off the shank is...the edges are sharp and don't feel good going on, nor coming off after a day of body heat going up and fingers swelling slightly. They felt sharp since I first received the ring.

img_7065.jpg

This other side shows you how the engraving on the basket isn't completely centre.
2_34.jpg

The ring itself is stunning from afar. Given how detail oriented I am though, when I wear it, I feel like I'm very aware of the imperfections. I could live with most, but the uncomfortable nature of the shank is what bothers me the most. Maybe I could just get it comfort fit for now. Yes it's much more affordable than the Single Stone version, but these are tiny imperfections that could have been addressed without much labour.

3_39.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the setting and would absolutely get the lower half of the setting inner edges softened! Hopefully that will make it more comfortable! I am the same way about sharp edges. I really like the wheat engraving and the platinum, though! I guess I am repeating what Acinom said!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results