shape
carat
color
clarity

Midnight-Blue Pear Drop Earrings

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These earrings are London Blue topaz in 14k yellow gold. I loved them as soon as I saw them.

I had been considering the Kiki McDonough blue topaz drops (http://kiki.co.uk/index.php/collections/kiki-classics/kiki-classic-blue-topaz-pear-drop-earrings.html/) but I saw these in the deeper blue and loved them. They're also quite a bit bigger than the Kiki ones! Since I already have two pairs of Kiki drops, I decided to get these instead.

I find it hard to get deeper blues in topaz, and London Blue always seems to be set in white metal. Deep blue stones, but not too dark, set in yellow gold is kind of a Holy Grail item for me. I've never seen these anywhere else, so I grabbed them! I got them from a rock and mineral store when visiting a friend in Oregon.

The second picture down is the most accurate representation of how they look in real life.

_29285.jpg

_29331.jpg

_29332.jpg

_29333.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ear shots. Always so difficult to get! Taken with a flash. The stone is deeper when worn than in these pictures.

_29334.jpg

_29335.jpg

_29336.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried to get more earshots without the flash to show the deep color of the stones, but the flash went off every time and when I shut it off, I only got blurry shots. The stone is deeper than this in real life but I thought I'd post them anyway, having gone to the trouble of getting them.

17264.jpg

2886.jpg

39678.jpg

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Jambalaya those are beautiful earrings. I really like your taste in earrings when I see your post. I have a bluetopaz set as necklace but in white gold and I see what you mean being yellow gold. I really like the yellow gold and London blue. Very pretty! :love:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Victoria for the kind remarks! :wavey:

The stones are 18mm x 8mm, if anyone's interested in the size.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and it looks great on your ears! :love:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Missy! :wavey:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! :clap: I really like the combination of the yellow gold with that nice blue color! :appl:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rockinruby! :wavey:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Diamondseeker!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty Jambalaya! Love this style of earring, and love the color, looks great on you! :dance:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: What a lovely color - and of course, what a spectacular size!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty - I love that style of clip fastening too. It feels safe.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, everyone! Thanks so much for the kind remarks!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty! They look fun to wear!

LaSuecia

Rough_Rock
They are lovely! I love some olor, and also Im a sucker for YG.
I have a pear shaped topas stone at home Im not sure what to do with, and an oval one, maybe Ill find twins for them and make earrings.... 8-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results