shape
carat
color
clarity

Michael B Crown Lace and Wisp Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
beautiful set!!!! I love the MB Crown lace collection, actually I love MB anything. Post more pictures please.

I think the prongs look great, they seem to kind of give the ring a square effect and it''s nice that they give a little bit extra hold and protection on your diamond. They also look perfectly aligned, etc. and I love the way they become claw prongs toward the center.

Congrats!!!
36.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 1:59:43 AM
Author: Mara
3.gif
My coworker''s head does not have the same kind of really prominent head swoops that yours does. Hers is a lot more ''basic'' for lack of a better word, it just is like a 4 prong basket I think. And the prongs are small. I don''t know if they changed it previously or something? I will have to take a better look at it tomorrow and report back.

I was thinking about this and I was wondering who set your diamond Dem? If it was MIchael B, then perhaps yours is the way it should be. Not all stores send out the diamonds to the company to have them set, it could be that Mara''s friend had her''s set in the store, therefore they did it the regular way that normal 4 prongs are set.

A perfect setting can be ruined by the having the diamond set crooked, lopsided, uneven, by a benchman. I know, I had this problem with my Ritani and had to have Ritani redo my ring.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 8:18:58 PM
Author: butterfly 17
beautiful set!!!! I love the MB Crown lace collection, actually I love MB anything. Post more pictures please.

I think the prongs look great, they seem to kind of give the ring a square effect and it's nice that they give a little bit extra hold and protection on your diamond. They also look perfectly aligned, etc. and I love the way they become claw prongs toward the center.

Congrats!!!
36.gif

Thanks! I love the prongs too. My stone was sent to MB for setting as I didn't want to risk someone else messing up the head (I remember well the problems you had with your Ritani). This was my jeweler's first experience with MB and she was really impressed with their setting job. She said they finished the prongs in such a way as to replicate the bezel facet junction and then lined up each prong tip with the diamond's bezel facets. I am very, very impressed with MB's workmanship and their overall customer service. They really went out of their way for me.

As for Mara's co-worker's head, I remember Mrs Salvo telling me that you can request they use a more generic V-prong style head. Maybe Mara's co-worker did that and had someone else set her stone?? I know a lot of people on PS don't like MB's heads, so I wasn't sure I was going to go with the Crown Lace until I saw it in person. I now think the head is one of the most beautiful features of the MB collection.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 9:04:44 PM
Author: Demelza

This was my jeweler''s first experience with MB and she was really impressed with their setting job. She said they finished the prongs in such a way as to replicate the bezel facet junction and then lined up each prong tip with the diamond''s bezel facets...
That is SO interesting, Alex! I LOVE that type of attention to detail! Really speaks highly for Michael B and his exquisite craftsmanship. Impressive!!!
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
*Sigh...* 2.36 carats...no wonder I love it so much!
11.gif
I need one of those 2+ caraters you people all seem to have! (And by you people I mean you, Lynn B and Mara!)

I really like the prongs and the head, actually. They''re very unique and definitely have a kind of antique/art deco vibe. I also love the little V shape of the top of the prongs (when you''re looking straight at the table of the diamond). Sorry, that was not very descriptive! Plus the prongs look extremely straight and perfect which I also love. All in all, a gorgeous and perfect set! It''s definitely one of my new favorites here on PS!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE your new set Dem. Always been a huge fan of your stone, so it''s nice to see it in a happy home. As always you take the nicest pics. ENJOY!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that set is just lovely! Enjoy those gorgeous rings!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually DOH I have to correct myself. I saw my coworkers ring today and she actually has the lace BAND and a regular tiffany style e-ring. For whatever reason I thought it was the other way around. And yeah she has a regular head on her tiffany style e-ring.

And now that I really think about it, I tried on the MB petite lace when we were looking SO many years ago, and it had a similar kind of head to this one Dem!!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
I love your set-it looks great on you.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had to come back and look some more today. It''s just so beautiful, all of it. I love me some Michael B!
30.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 2:01:37 AM
Author: Mara
Actually DOH I have to correct myself. I saw my coworkers ring today and she actually has the lace BAND and a regular tiffany style e-ring. For whatever reason I thought it was the other way around. And yeah she has a regular head on her tiffany style e-ring.

And now that I really think about it, I tried on the MB petite lace when we were looking SO many years ago, and it had a similar kind of head to this one Dem!!

Ah, that makes sense. How does the Lace band look with a regular Tiffany style e-ring? Does she have the square or round version of the Lace? One day I think I''d like to get the matching band, but my wings are clipped for a long while now!!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 3:17:23 PM
Author: musey
I had to come back and look some more today. It''s just so beautiful, all of it. I love me some Michael B!
30.gif

Thanks, Musey! Weren''t you considering the Wisp band a while back? Is it still in the running?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
round version of the lace. she wants to get a matching one for other side. the ring looks good with the band in my opinion and would be fab with a matching one on the other side.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 3:38:07 PM
Author: Demelza

Thanks, Musey! Weren''t you considering the Wisp band a while back? Is it still in the running?
I was thinking about a Trois or a wisp. I went and tried them on and ended up not liking them with my ering.

Doesn''t rule ''em out for a future RHR
11.gif
9.gif

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
I love your set!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that is really beautiful!!!
30.gif
It is funny but I have liked all your choices! This one is really beautiful, though, and one that hopefully will last forever!
36.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Goodness grief, Demelza! What an ordeal!
6.gif
As though this whole process needs to be anymore emotional and complicated that it already is when nothing goes wrong ...
20.gif

Congratulations on perservering through it all! Your diamond, setting and band are absolutely stunning! Enjoy them ... you deserve it!
36.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I am happy to see that everything seems to have worked out for you in the setting department. What a debacle with the Lockes setting!

That said, this new setting and wedding band is just beautiful! I love the combination. Thanks for sharing!!!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
What a stunning set! I love that it''s not "matchy-matchy" and the head on your ering is very unique and stunning. Congrats!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Don''t know how I missed THIS one! Demelza, it''s absolutely beautiful! Definately worth the wait! I like that they aren''t matchy matchy, too! I love the prongs -- they are not the typical ones and I love the fishtail. You know, I don''t think I''ve seen the fishtail prongs new -- they are always worn away a little on the estate pieces. Just beautiful!

MyMBandWisp0001_13.JPG

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really. really beautiful! Wow.

Lisa

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much for the very kind comments.

Here's one more picture of my ring with one my my mom's OEC bezel set earrings from Neil Lane. She bought them to wear at my wedding. They were truly a STEAL -- they do have eye visible inclusions, but they're quite white and sparkly. The mountings are from the 1920s and platinum. They're probably around a carat each (they were not taken out of their mountings to get an accurate carat weight). I borrowed them from her a long time ago and I honestly think she's forgotten about them. I'm bad, I know.

MBandOEC0001.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my goodness Dem, those earring are just amazing...love, love them and of course your ring is just a dream come true....

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. How did I miss this thread??

Your set is just to die for. And I too love the prongs and the square affect it gives.
30.gif

Gosh, so beautiful. Congrats!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, MrsS and Ellen! I''m so happy to finally have this project done with! I''m a little anxious about losing melee stones, but hopefully it won''t happen too often.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Just came back for yet another look.

*DIVINE*.
Positively DIVINE!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is PERFECT! simply beautiful...
30.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Finally the sun came out, so I thought I would take a few more pictures.

MBsunny0001_2.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I like this one even though it''s a bit dark .

MBsunny0001_3.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
A few more...

MBsunny0001_12.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results