Another shot...

Ring-Panerai_2.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/11/2009 12:53:59 PM
Author: Horologist
Hello All,

New to PS... so please be kind. There is some amazing stuff here and some great photography, I''ll have to get a few pointers. So, having said all that, please excuse the bad images and the absence of polishing the ring in quite some time.

I just thought I would see if they downloaded and a chance to show my custom wedding ring of about 20 years. Can anyone identify the stone (not the diamond!)??
very nice,
hmm, if you can take a face on shot and post it over in the color forum the folks there might be able to identify the gem. Welcome to PS
35.gif

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
Here is hubby''s 5mm milgrain band, with my 2mm

weddingringsamyjokerette.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
here is BF''s 8mm black tungsten carbide band with beveled edges. he loves it and thinks it''s such a "manly-man" ring.

cvhtring.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
he would love to have black tungsten as an inlay for his future wedding band.

cvhtring2.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2009 12:27:27 AM
Author: vip0802
here is BF''s 8mm black tungsten carbide band with beveled edges. he loves it and thinks it''s such a ''manly-man'' ring.
Well, it is quite manly.
9.gif

faina00

Rough_Rock
This is hubby's right hand ring that our daughter got for him this last Father's Day. Its really interesting with the faceted tungsten.....and he says a day does not go by that he does not get a compliment on it

blacktungsten.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/20/2009 1:33:35 PM
Author: faina00
This is hubby''s right hand ring that our daughter got for him this last Father''s Day. Its really interesting with the faceted tungsten.....and he says a day does not go by that he does not get a compliment on it
That is one cool looking ring! My DH might like one too...hmmm
31.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool thread! I''ve kind of been out of the diamond side of the forum, and just kind of hang around the Healthy Lifestyle Thread these days. But to whoever, posted my ring, thanks! And thanks for the shots of so many other guy''s rings. There are some really nice bling for men and I think it''s great that men can come out of the "diamond closet!!"

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks D&T, but we must also have a top-view finger-shot.
Guys, I'll tell ya, wearing a substantial chunk of carbon is like getting to drive a Maserati all day long!
36.gif

I encourage men to just go for it.

This is 2009; diamonds are not just for girls any more.
They are for men with confidence, class and an appreciation for the melding of the pinnacles of nature's and man's highest art.

The asscher cut with its square shape and large bold bars of color looks more masculine than rounds or the busier cuts with lots of small facets.
The asscher cut is a very strong and confident look.

At first I was a little hesitant to wear such a substantial (2.26 carat) diamond ring.
But in the three years I have been wearing it so many people have commented how cool it is, both men and women!

I got this diamond from Good Old Gold and I recommend them very highly as a source for the best-cut asschers.
The titanium tension setting is from boonerings.com

i2rinchg2.jpg

gemnick

Rough_Rock
Kenny,

This is one beaut of a ring. Well done!

I just ordered a Steven Kretchmer platinum tension ring (name of model: Gothic) for my 1.02 Dream HOF diamond. It is scheduled to arrive in late September. I''ll post a photo online when I receive it.

-Gemnick

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds cool.
I love Steven Kretchmer''s work, very high quality, and they may do the new setting for my asscher.

Be sure to post pics.

gemnick

Rough_Rock
Hey Kenny,

If you go to www.stevenkretchmer.com, and then to the ring gallery, you can see the Gothic tension ring setting. If you have a chance to check it out, let me know what you think ....

Gemnick

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very classy.
I really like it a lot.

I have seen a few Kretchmer tension settings in a jewelry shop.
They are very hefty.
The workmanship is very precise and the finish perfect.
I'd hate to get one and scratch it up like I do my titanium setting.

gemnick

Rough_Rock
I have a feeling I''ll be individualizing mine with a few scratches in fairly short order!

Question for you Kenny. My diamond is a square-ish cut Dream Diamond (HOF), with the dimensions as follows: 6.58 x 5.6 x 4.10. Having seen the Gothic tension ring by Steven Kretchmer, would you recommend setting the stone North-South or East-West? I''d appreciate your input.

Thanks, Gemnick

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's 100% personal preference, and my preference is for east west.

Seriously, I enjoy my tension-set diamond the most is when I'm driving and my hand is on the steering wheel in the sun.
That means I'm not looking top down at the diamond, but rather I see a side view.
An east/west orientation will give you more diamond to look at in the side view.

Really, how often do you hold your hand out, tip it up so the top of the diamond faces you?

East/west means the side view gives you larger blings for the bucks.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
QueenMum''s Men''s diamond ring Linky

121_7.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
posted by rhbgirl24 Linky

JEB05123.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Posted by Sweetpink hubby''s band 18k white gold .10 carat each tcw .70

swtpkhubbyring1030.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Posted by WTNLVR 14k yellow gold brushed etched.

l6g9kdj.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Posted by Bluedawg Wright &Lato plat engraved detail and milgrain edges 5mm width

jbpWB.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
posted by Websailor "Hunters Ring"

small_Websailor_Hunters_Ring.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Posted by DiamondLil Hubby''s four wedding rings

"
1. Two-tone 8 mm wide is the original that we were married with. I have a matching band. It looked sparkly like diamonds, but we had little money, so it worked!

2. Plain gold 6 mm wide knock-around ring. He wears this when he is doing yard work, etc. I didn''t want the original ring ruined. We got this shortly after the wedding.

3. Diamond band 8 mm, just under 1 ct tdw. Worn when we are dressed up mostly although he wears this to work too. It was purchased about our 8th or 9th anniversary.

4. Titanium 8 mm wide band. Just purchased last anniversary (18th). He has a titanium bracelet and I thought it looked neat. "

rwr3.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lynn B's Hubby's ring Bruce Boone Titanium Ring

Barry%20ring%201.jpg

Barry%20ring%202.jpg

Barryring3.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Posted by Libster .80ctw 18k yellow gold