shape
carat
color
clarity

Martin Flyer settings- quality melee and craftsmanship?

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone who owns a pave Martin Flyer setting or even anyone who has seen one in person-- can you please tell me about the quality of it (specifically the melee)?

I emailed MF directly via their site and got a response that the melee they use is "G-H VS2 all fine cut goods." Fine cut??? It's melee so I get that it's not the same as an AGS Ideal but the word "fine" re the cut makes me go :confused: :errrr:

Future Bro in law is debating between a MF setting or going thru BGD to make one almost identical.

TIA!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't own a MF setting but I have always heard they make very nice quality pieces. Not sure about the melee exactly but depending on the size they don't have to be super duper ideals to sparkle and look nice. BGD makes wonderful pieces too. I just look at who offers the exact setting and if there is any price difference.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My ring is Martin Flyer and there is a bit of melee in the band. I compared it to Tacori and Michael B. but obviously can't compare it to LM or BGD since the stores in my area don't carry them. I think my ring is very well made and I'm happy with it....

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Martin Flyer three sided pave ring with a 1.21 yellow radiant and pink diamond halo. I think the quality of the stones
is very nice for the white diamonds, kind of iffy on the pink. The ring is made well. In fact, I had a jeweler damage the setting,
and I called Martin Flyer and they were so great and remade the ring for me and the jeweler paid for it. They were great and I
wouldn't hesitate in buying another ring made by them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results