shape
carat
color
clarity

Marquise Aquamarine Ring

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this marquise aquamarine bezel ring yesterday and fell in love, so I went back to get it today. I love marquises and you don't often find them in gemstones. I also love blue, and I love bezels. So it was just right for me. It was inexpensive, just $130, because the setting is sterling silver and also the stone is windowed, which doesn't bother me at all for this price point. The color is lovely and I just adore the large bezeled marquise look. I've been looking at this exact setting in white gold on the JA website, but could never afford a marquise diamond of this size to go in it. A large bezeled marquise is kind of a dream look for me, so I'm happy!

Enjoy the photos! :appl:

_29163.jpg

3784.jpg

_29164.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Three more.

284.jpg

4856.jpg

23764.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great find, thanks for sharing.

DK :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya, is it gorgeous!!! :love: I really love it, the aqua is a beautiful shade of blue and the setting is perfect for it! :appl: Excellent find!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful look! The setting complements the stone so well. The ring looks beautiful on you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful blue and I love the shape! :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, and a great bargain too, it looks lovely on you!!!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, everyone! I don't usually buy inexpensive stones in silver settings, but I thought this one looked much more refined than you usually find at that pricepoint. I think it's the setting that gets me, along with the lovely pastel blue - not too pale - of the stone.

Thanks again for the nice comments!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty blue! :appl: it looks great & love that it was a bargain. Thanks for sharing! :appl:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I'm really loving that marquise seem to be making a comeback.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya, it's the perfect size on your pretty finger and the color is perfect on your skintone. Striking and unique.

I've been buying colored stones at Tucson for 16 years and windows on large stones aren't necessarily considered a flaw, and many close right up on setting. Yours looks minimal in the pics. It's a terrific stone and ring.

Enjoy!!!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I love the color of the aquamarine! Looks amazing on you. Enjoy! :appl:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone! Azstonie, good to know the window isn't too bad. Generally, I find that if I love a stone, I love it, flaws and all, you know?

Tyty, thanks for the link with the cute bee rings! I might consider those. I have a bee necklace, too.

Catmom, yes they do seem to be making a comeback. With marquise, I believe it's all in the setting. Some of those old Eighties settings with bulky claws gave marquises a bad name, I think, but with a clean modern setting like a bezel, I think they're so elegant. This is the JA setting I always wanted, but of course I always visualized it with a diamond the size of my aqua, which isn't happening. After lusting after this setting for so long, i think this is why I instantly loved this aqua ring. And it was exactly my size, whaddya know! Inspiration setting: http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/14k-white-gold-bezel-solitaire-engagement-ring-marquise-center-item-3266

Thank you diamondseeker, rockinruby and Crystal24k! Yes, DS, it was also my thought that it will be nice for summer. Thinking of getting these too, since I have a $100 discount coupon and they'll go well with the aqua ring and my new lilac cotton scarf: http://www.bluenile.com/amethyst-blue-topaz-earring-14k-white-gold_49856

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your new ring. That baby blue color is very restful and soothing to the eyes. It's beautiful. :) Wear it in good health.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks mochiko42! :wavey:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Pregcurious! I also like those things about it. I'm not usually drawn to inexpensive silver rings but I think this one is special.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results