shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Turnowski: Eternity Band Genius - 7+ Carat F/G VS

victoriouslegion

Rough_Rock
The piece: ~45 pointer stones, 7+ carat, F/G, VS clarity eternity band. You can see the list of minimums I had for Mark prior to agreeing to moving forward in another thread I'll like, but here's a short list: no clouds, no pins, 100% eye clean, no haze, excellent cut, the list goes on and on.

The company: Engagement Rings Direct led by Mark Turnowski @ http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/

Before everything else: Caveat emptor, your mileage may vary, etc., and this was my experience, but given that I've basically hear nothing but exemplary praise of Mark, and this experience, I believe he is worthy of recommendation.

First, Mark as an operator. He was personable, and his patience was meaningful -- I told him my standards were ridiculously high, over and over and over and over again -- 5-7 times at minimum I imagine. He was unperturbed. He told me he'd hand select every diamond. He told me I'd have his focus. And, now having the piece and seeing him back his words up throughout the process, I am convinced he was, in fact, invested in letting me have a great experience. I emailed him probably 25 times in the 2.5 weeks it took to close the deal and produce the piece.

Second, research: I must have read hundreds of posts on eternity bands. Mark came up as someone reputable -- there is certainly at least one other reputable jeweler that came up more frequently, but something... something told me he was the right guy for me. Your mileage may vary, but for me, Mark somehow felt right. So I took the plunge!

Third, receiving and vetting the piece: There are some high end jewelers where I live. When I first opened the box and examined the piece Mark Turnowski had created, I thought it was beautiful. But within an hour of bringing it into other lighting conditions [I originally opened it in the kitchen], the sparkle off this ring led me to a nearly uncontrollable: oh my... oh my. But that wasn't enough; I had to compare it with goods at another high end operator.

I took the piece over to one of the most famous highest end jewelers in the area [ I live in a major metropolis area ] to do an in person comparison... and... I put Mark's creation against some of the best eternity bands they had available.

I mean it seriously: I genuinely felt Mark's piece surpassed every eternity band I reviewed noticeably. Their pieces were great, but Mark's piece really felt like it was at a different level, period. The big thing for me is a much looser definition of clarity -- I mean the ability to to simple see the beauty of the diamonds and the sheer fiery felt unrivaled. I'm, by nature, critical of diamonds -- like many Price Scopers, I've loved diamonds since I was little and studied them for years. So when I say I am pleased with how the piece compared, I really am.

I'll leave you with one other quick story from my vetting adventure. When I walked into a top jeweler, there was a fairly senior sales rep in there that within about 30 seconds of me coming into the large showroom asked to look at the ring -> indicating she had seen it across the room. But perhaps the most compelling part was that I think I may have seen a reaction on her face I'd never quite seen from what some might consider a bit of stodgy atmosphere: genuine, perhaps begrudging, admiration and awe. I doubt they are used to people walking in with pieces at this size and quality.

I am incredibly glad I went with Mark. Look, you and I, we will probably never meet in person... but if Mark delivers for you like he delivered for me, I think I'd frankly have no problems making him my jeweler for a lifetime. It's probably obvious, but I am honest to goodness incredibly pleased. Yes, yes, caveat emptor, etc./your mileage may vary, but if this experience is any indicator, Mark is potentially the best jeweler I or my family has ever worked with, period. I'd seen him recommended before, but now I can also testify to his expertise. I am so incredibly glad to have collaborated with this artisan and expert.

Oh, and here's probably even higher praise: we are working on more pieces as we speak. If we end up going and building the pieces, expect another thorough review of our experience.

Thank you Mark!!!!! Thank you LA Love and Asscher Girl for sharing about your beautiful pieces.

Pictures [ I will try to put up more and better ones later, they really fail to do the piece's beauty and fire justice. Also, I'm a guy with fairly large hands, so the ring is going to look a bit smaller than it does in person. Also, for some reason all the pictures are inverting when I'm posting them, but you can expect me to try and post some more up later:

master1.jpg
4_8.jpg
photo%204_4.jpg
1_3.jpg

Video... again, pardon the relatively low quality and ambient noise -- will try to post up more and better later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6hTlP_p2f8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdaM2R4Aoj4&context=

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unbelievable!!!!! It's an EXQUISITE ring, and thankyou for your detailed expereince with Mark, it was an interesting read! Well done!!! :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is stunning. And you're right about Mark...I've worked with a good handful of the PS vendors and like many of them, he puts out a great product. But I really think Mark is a cut above when it comes to being a true gentleman. It doesn't matter if you have a huge project, or a small one. He treats every customer with a lot of care and patience.

Lovely, lovely ring!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
OH. MY. GOSH. My jaw just hit the floor! It is stunning, enjoy! Can't wait to see more pictures :appl:

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Victorious, I am so happy for you!!!! It looks amazing and it's so great to see you had such a wonderful experience with Mark. I know what you mean, he really is amazing! I can't wait to work with him again! Your ring is really gorgeous, congrats! I can't wait to see more pics.

I promise you are going to love this band more and more every day. I look at mine every chance I get. It's a bit hard to drive, but I deal with it :bigsmile: So glad you love your ring, I'm so glad you chose Mark!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is simply gorgeous - would love to see handshots in the daylight! Enjoy that beauty!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Your ring is gorgeous. Really gorgeous.

cheers--Sharon

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring - that is beautiful workmanship and your review was well detailed.

Lucky!!! Can't wait for lots and lots of hand shots - and in the sun - lets see the fire on those stones!!! :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a great review and experience! The ring is stunning! Can't wait to see handshots!

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
Fabulous! I also can't wait to see hand shots...and am curious to know how comfortable it is. Someday I'd like to do a similar eternity band, and am wondering what the "upper limit" is on point size for the diamonds that is still comfortable btw the fingers. Of course, I know it also depends on how low the stones are set, type of prongs etc. In any case, CONGRATS :appl: :appl: :appl: :love:, STUNNING RING!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh its gorgeous!!! Mark is truly the best- I very much agree!!!! Enjoy the new ring!!! :love: :love: :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is beautiful and so very blingy! Mark really did a fantastic job. We need handshots though!!!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
It's absolutely gorgeous!

I'm dying for an eternity this size but I don't like the feel of stones between my fingers wah! ;(

Enjoy wearing this beauty! :appl:

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Your eternity band is insane! Congratulations! :appl: Can we please see some handshots?

Thanks,
Scint....

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: seriously!!! Absolutely gorgeous!! I can not wait to see hand shots!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. :love: I've always heard such great things about Mark, and I'm glad you had such a positive experience.

victoriouslegion

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the kind words. I took some more pictures this weekend which I will post in the feature, but before that, want to ensure I express my sincere appreciation for this wonderfully supportive and informative board. Also to LALove and Asscher Girl for putting me on this path of eternity band research.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, just stunning!!!

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
That. is. stunning.

If I can have only one more bling jewelry for the rest of my life, this will be it. It's just... total luxury in the most classic way. Congrats.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, what a piece!! We need some handshots :love: :love: :love: :love:

victoriouslegion

Rough_Rock
20120415_112535.jpg

I will try to upload a big batch later this week -> pardon my dry hands. And really, because I have relatively large hands [I'm a guy], the size of the stones and impression it makes is a little bit harder to realize in a picture. The fire is literally near blinding.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
victoriouslegion|1334593450|3172368 said:
20120415_112535.jpg

I will try to upload a big batch later this week -> pardon my dry hands. And really, because I have relatively large hands [I'm a guy], the size of the stones and impression it makes is a little bit harder to realize in a picture. The fire is literally near blinding.

Oh it makes an impression alright :love: :love: :love: :naughty:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love:

We need more handshots from a distance!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks FANTASTIC!!!!! Is it a wedding/commitment band, or a "just because." If it's the former - what's your partner's band??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results