shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell Wedding Band for Sunburst - PICS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I knew that once I got my band from Mark I would have to post it here, because it seems to be difficult to find examples of his bands beyond what''s on his site. These are the photos he just sent us, and we should have the real thing (and hand shots with my sunburst) tomorrow night if all goes to plan.

About the ring: I was looking for a straight, delicate band that would match the shape and flow of my sunburst. Nothing I found in store seemed to work. 2mm was too narrow, and 3mm was too heavy. We decided to go back to Mark, and based on my description he was able to pull this band from his files. We don''t know if he ever actually crafted the ring or just had the cad from working out a design with a previous client, but whatever the case I have not seen real photos of it before this point (just cad renderings, albeit very realistic ones). There are 13 0.9 pointers for 0.12ctw. Our wedding is 9/13, so the diamonds in the band are an awesome coincidence (completely unplanned).

Without further ado, the photos. These are all provided by Mark. I''ll add my own as soon as I have the ring in hand.

Thanks for looking!

13 diamond Petite band_0.12cttw_001s.JPG

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

13 diamond Petite band_0.12cttw_002s.JPG

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

13 diamond Petite band_0.12cttw_007s.JPG

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
13%20diamond%20Petite%20band_0.12cttw_010s.JPG

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*sigh*

just beautiful!! i can''t wait to see your set together!!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, SDL and RainyDaze! SDL, one of my requests was that the ring be rounded the same way the sunburst is. Mark did a great job doing just that. I can''t wait to see them side by side when it gets here.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I can''t wait to see your whole set!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is just stunning!! I love his work so much; it''s so organic.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE MM! I can''t wait to see the set together, I think it will be beautiful.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just lovely, as is just about everything he does. I too can''t wait to see the whole set.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that band!
30.gif
I like it so much more than the curved ones. I''d much rather have the little gap. Can''t wait to see both rings together!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ladyciel, your new band is beautiful. I just love MM''s work. It so smooth and almost liquid. Now that the important work is done and you''ll have your perfect ring, all you have to work on is not touching that little box until September!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 8:23:38 AM
Author: gemgirl
ladyciel, your new band is beautiful. I just love MM''s work. It so smooth and almost liquid. Now that the important work is done and you''ll have your perfect ring, all you have to work on is not touching that little box until September!

Hahahahaha, not touch it??? FI''s going to have to buy a safe and not tell me the combination if he wants that rule enforced...
11.gif

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I can''t wait to see handshots of the whole set together!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
It''s here! Mark overnighted the ring, so we were able to pick it up from fedex this morning before going into work. FI suggested I show it to my MOH (we work together), so I got to wear it all day as a RHR.
12.gif
36.gif
I joked about wearing it as a RHR from now until the wedding, and I was surprised at his "sure, why not?" reaction. Anyone think that''s bad luck?

Anyway, what you guys really care about - the photos! My apologies for the mostly horrible lighting. We have no good diamond light in our apartment, just incandescents and a fluorescent light in the kitchen that tends to give my rings a green hazy look. As soon as the sun comes out I''ll try to do better. I did manage to get a few good arrow shots, so I''ll go add those to the arrow thread when I''m done here.
5.gif

In their respective boxes:

ladycielMWMset2.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Band alone (I love how the arrows are trying to peek out of the center stone):

ladycielMWMband.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Hand shot of the band and sunburst together:

ladycielMWMset1.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Again

ladycielMWMset4.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Last one for now!

ladycielMWMset3.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ladyceil,
What a stunning set your have. Just gorgeous!!! Love the wedding band, it goes so well with your fabulous ering. TDF!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2008 12:13:58 AM
Author: Kaleigh
Ladyceil,
What a stunning set your have. Just gorgeous!!! Love the wedding band, it goes so well with your fabulous ering. TDF!!
In agreement with Kaleigh, love your set!!!! MM is so fluid and beautiful
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

snuggles1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/1/2008 12:38:02 PM
Author:ladyciel
We don''t know if he ever actually crafted the ring or just had the cad from working out a design with a previous client, but whatever the case I have not seen real photos of it before this point (just cad renderings, albeit very realistic ones).

Awesome! I love the band. I asked Mark about this band a couple months ago but he had not created it for anyone yet. He just had the CAD. Since my wedding isn''t for a year, we weren''t in a rush to get the band, so Mark said we could wait and see what others come up with. I''m so glad you posted here and shared with everyone! It''s gorgeous. I''m trying to decide between the band you have and a plain one. I''m not sure which to get, but your pics help alot!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/3/2008 12:28:37 AM
Author: snuggles1

We don''t know if he ever actually crafted the ring or just had the cad from working out a design with a previous client, but whatever the case I have not seen real photos of it before this point (just cad renderings, albeit very realistic ones).

Awesome! I love the band. I asked Mark about this band a couple months ago but he had not created it for anyone yet. He just had the CAD. Since my wedding isn''t for a year, we weren''t in a rush to get the band, so Mark said we could wait and see what others come up with. I''m so glad you posted here and shared with everyone! It''s gorgeous. I''m trying to decide between the band you have and a plain one. I''m not sure which to get, but your pics help alot!
Hmmm, so perhaps I have the first one, then? I''m curious to see if Mark will post it on his site for others to see. I''m glad the photos are of help to you! My logic for the diamond over the plain band, after much debate, was based on two reasons. One, I liked the sparkle, and IRL this band is so dainty that nobody could accuse you of the diamonds being overkill. Two, and this was the bigger factor, a plain platinum band that can spin around w/o any side being "up" will definitely show its wear/patina. Although the underside of my e-ring definitely has patina, the top doesn''t to anywhere the same degree. I was afraid that a plain band beside it would eventually look mismatched unless I made regular trips to the jeweler to have it buffed. With the diamonds, there''s not much metal to get scratched up, and the diamonds always stay facing up.

snuggles1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/3/2008 12:36:36 AM
Author: ladyciel
Date: 5/3/2008 12:28:37 AM

Author: snuggles1

Hmmm, so perhaps I have the first one, then? I''m curious to see if Mark will post it on his site for others to see. I''m glad the photos are of help to you! My logic for the diamond over the plain band, after much debate, was based on two reasons. One, I liked the sparkle, and IRL this band is so dainty that nobody could accuse you of the diamonds being overkill. Two, and this was the bigger factor, a plain platinum band that can spin around w/o any side being ''up'' will definitely show its wear/patina. Although the underside of my e-ring definitely has patina, the top doesn''t to anywhere the same degree. I was afraid that a plain band beside it would eventually look mismatched unless I made regular trips to the jeweler to have it buffed. With the diamonds, there''s not much metal to get scratched up, and the diamonds always stay facing up.

Possibly. He''s started posting band photos on his site. I think he''s really getting into the bands right now. I saw all the Flame ones and the one like yours but notched. I love the tiny stones but I also like a plain band. Ahhhh...good observation with the patina. I''m also worried about the price difference. If the band with the tiny diamonds is twice in price of the plain band, I might end up getting the plain band and then using the difference to get myself a pair of ACA studs (since I only have really awful ones with black pepper that I will hand down to my firstborn).

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, with the price of platinum these days, the one with diamonds might end up cheaper. Couldn''t hurt to ask! I definitely like the look of a plain band as well. Decisions, decisions...

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ladyciel - great pictures! what a gorgeous, beautiful, classic, gorgeous set!!!
30.gif
18.gif
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just two words for that set. Sheer perfection. Really.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results