shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell Solitaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gsohl

Rough_Rock
Before I show you a couple of ring pictures, I'd like to thank the team of people who helped me assemble this awesome ring for my (I hope!) soon to be fiance:

1. Everyone at pricescope. I'm so glad I found your site very early on in my search. It helped me chose my first diamond with a lot of confidence.

2. Tim and everyone at GoodOldGold for stocking such great stones and giving us all the benefit of their wealth of knowledge. They were very helpful in narrowing down my search and sending my top choice to:

3. Bill/RockDoc at Consumers Gem Lab. He obviously loves working with all these pretty stones! He works tirelessly, and I'm amazed at the work he puts into each appraisal. My only regret is that I couldn't see his "pet rock" collection in person.

And finally,

4. Mark Morrell (and his assistant Katie, who I had several great email exchanges with). What can I say about Mark's work? I think it speaks for itself, and I highly recommend checking out his website. I chose his classic SunBurst solitaire setting in platinum.

Stone specs:
1.135 carat Round (6.72x6.75x4.13mm)
I color (faces up very white)
SI1 clarity
AGS0/H&A cut (Depth: 61.3%, Table: 56%, Pavilion angle: 40.9, Crown angle: 34.1)

And for the techies (like me):
Diamond is an isee2 cut (ionized table mark noted on AGS report)
BrillianceScope (H/VH, VH++, VH++)
isee2: 9.7

And now onto my first two ring pictures (sorry no hand shots yet). Photography is a hobby of mine, so I'll probably take more pics soon, but here are a couple for tonight (I have to put up the camera and ring before my beloved girlfriend gets home from work).

NOTE: my 2nd attempt yield better pictures...scroll down this topic a bit for the better pics.)

First picture is straight-on with diffuse lighting since everyone likes to see the arrow symmetry.

IMG_4487-01.jpg

gsohl

Rough_Rock
Second picture more side-on with more direct (single-point) light source.

NOTE: better pictures a bit later in this topic.

IMG_4492-01.jpg

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring -- and the prongs are fabulous!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VERY nice! I saw that one over on GOG''s site and wondered what happened to it - looks like it found a lovely home! It sure is a beauty - how could she not love it, and in a MM setting to boot??????

Congratulations!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Talk about perfection, this ring is amazing. The diamond is gorgeous and the setting is fabulous!!! I love it, she will be thrilled. Great job!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I also absolutely love the prongs and the heart shape they make when looking straight down! Gorgeous diamond too!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, the ring is so beautiful!!! I absolutely love it!
30.gif
Congrats!
36.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
*whimper* so pretty.....I''m jealous!
She''s going to love it! Good luck with the proposal
1.gif

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring, diamond and prongs!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your fiance will be speechless when she sees this stunning ring you''ve created for her! I adore the prongs and the diamond is just beautiful. Mark Morrell does such good work.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
what a classic beauty.
She''s gonna love it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww...I love his work. It is so classic! Congratulations!
30.gif
30.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty! She is going to love it
1.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gsolh ~

The diamond you bought from Good Old Gold is gorgeous!
30.gif
I can just imagine how happily excited she is going to be!
36.gif

And the setting from MM, well ... I''ll tell ya ... MM''s work is incredible! Liquid gold! MMMMMmmmmmm!
18.gif

I wish you the best and much happiness for the future. I''ll be standing by for more pic''s of that beauty!!
9.gif

Have a great weekend!
35.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you pick a beauty!!!
30.gif
10.gif
congrats.
36.gif
36.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it''s gorgeous. I also love the prongs -- they''re perfect.

gsohl

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the kind words everyone.
1.gif

I hope to post some more pictures on Monday since we have a busy weekend planned.

10.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
it''s stunning! Any woman would love to have that ring. Awesome job!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Yummylicious!!!! She will love it.

shay

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2006 3:41:06 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I have to say, I just love love love those little heart prongs..
30.gif
Ditto!!! I think they really make the ring unique and lovely.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I had forgotten how beautiful MWM''s pieces are. Your post prompted me to check out his site again. Beautiful works! Your ring is gorgeous. Enjoy!

gsohl

Rough_Rock
A demonstration of what happens when you forget to dust off a ring before taking a picture.

IMG_4511-01.jpg

gsohl

Rough_Rock
And a couple of more pictures (after dusting off the ring)

IMG_4520-01.jpg

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
That is one beautiful ring!!! Beautiful stone, and beautiful setting.
Congratulations.
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH. MY. WORD.

KILLER diamond. Gorgeous ring. I ADORE it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Lynn

PS What kind of camera did you use? I would do anything to be able to take photos like that of my rings!!!!

gsohl

Rough_Rock
Photography is a hobby of mine. Here is the equipment I used for the second set of pictures:

1. Canon 20D digital camera
2. 100mm/f2.8 macro lens
3. sturdy tripod
4. improvised light tent consisting of 8x12" daylight calibrated (5500K) light box placed vertically just to the right of the ring box and two large white reflective surfaces (e.g. white plastic) placed behind and to the left of the ring box. This makes a three wall "room" - with one wall being a very large light source.

The expensive camera and lens are probably the least important pieces of equipment. A sturdy tripod and a good lighting setup (so you can avoid using on-camera flash) are more important. Any modern digital camera with macro mode and manual control of exposure can take great pictures provided with a sturdy base (to eliminating camera shake and allow longer exposure times) and great light (which takes trial and error to get right).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results