shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell Slim Petite Torchiere with 0.5ct Whiteflash ACA

Monchup

Rough_Rock
A few days ago my boyfriend proposed with a beautiful Mark Morrell ring! My boyfriend and I had discussed whether I wanted a total surprise or whether I would want to choose my own ring. We decided that we would choose it together, just so we would both be confident I would have something I loved to wear for the rest of my life!

Pricescope led me to Mark Morrell and Whitefish and here is the end result........

img_0238_5.jpg

img_0239_0.jpg

img_0240.jpg

img_0237.jpg

img_0550-1.jpg

img_0551-1.jpg

img_0555-1.jpg

img_0573.jpg

img_0565-1.jpg

img_0574.jpg

img_0575.jpg

Diamond Specs:
0.508 carat (5.09x5.14x3.14mm)
Colour F
VS2
AGS 0 for cut (polish, symmetry, light performance)
Depth 61.4%
Table 56.6%
Crown angle 34.2
Star 55.0
Pavilion angle 40.8
Crown 14.8%
Lower girdle 77.0%
Culet pointed
Fluorescence negligible
Girdle thin to slightly thick faceted

Setting:
Slim petite torchiere - 2mm, ring size 4

I saw Mark's designs on Pricescope and thought I wouldn't be able to coordinate buying a diamond and getting it set in one of his settings just via email from the other side of the world (in Australia), but Mark was super patient with me and it was just too easy to organise! I'm so glad I asked because Mark's work is truly amazing, he is an artist. It is something that means a lot to me to know who made my ring and to know he does it as his passion.

It took about 1 month after paying the total amount. There were a few problems with Fedex and Australian customs so Mark isn't shipping to Australia currently but I do hope it will be sorted soon!

I'm slightly disappointed with Whiteflash, they didn't send the AGS certificate or idealscope with the order to Mark, and now 1 month after requesting the AGS certificate to be sent to Australia it STILL hasn't arrived. The diamond itself is beautiful though, I cannot believe how much it sparkles, and for me it is plenty big as I have small hands and I'm not a jewellery person.

My ring is a size 4 and it fits perfectly in the morning and during the day when it's warm/hot (snug, will not spin, won't fall off no matter how vigorously I shake my hand). But towards the end of the day or when it's cold weather or in cold air-conditioning, it can get a bit loose (quite easy to slip over my knuckle, spins around, will fall off if i shake my hands ~10 times). I can't decide if I should get my wedding band in size 3.75 or size 4 (as I have heard rings fit snugger when there are 2, Mark said 3.75 might displace more flesh so that the engagement ring fits snugger, but I'm also scared of it being too tight and causing squished finger flesh or being hard to take off when it's warm because now it's just the right amount of tightness when it's hot)

I hope that by sharing on Pricescope I will be able to help someone who is also thinking about getting a Whiteflash diamond or Mark Morrell setting! I don't think you can regret it!! Also just in case people were curious how a 0.5 carat round would look like on a size 4 finger (I was). I have had many friends/family shocked when they find out my fiancé bought an engagement ring over the internet but I wouldn't do it any other way if I could choose again!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Mark Morrell Slim Petite Torchiere with 0.5ct Whiteflash

Love the Petite Torchiere.. stone is beautiful.. much happiness!!!

:love: :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Its beautiful! Huge congratulations! That diamond looks stunning :love:

As for sizing, my own personal experience is that they are the same. I have a 3mm wedding band, which when worn alone is slippy sloppy up & down my finger, and if my hands are wet etc, it would slide right over the knuckle if I gave my hand a hard jolt & let it. However, I also wear a 3mm full eternity & a 2.5mm solitaire, and with all 3 rings on there is never any danger of them falling off. Even in cold weather, the biggest issue I have is my solitaire slides around, but it wouldn't fall off. In the summer months they are tight & occasionally I've had to sleep in them as they won't budge. Everyone & their fingers are different though, but for me flesh displacement is a winner.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

Absolutely stunning! Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Mark makes my favorite solitaires! It looks perfect on your hand, enjoy! I would also suggest to get your wedding band in the same size as your ER. Two of them will make a difference and I personally prefer to wear my rings a little loose than to not be able to take them off.

RandG

Brilliant_Rock

Congratulations on your engagement and beautiful ring. Your balanced post is excellent and will help others, for sure. Would love to see how it plays in sunlight :)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey Congrats, beautiful ring - that is really weird about the certificate not going with the stone, it should have so keep hassling Whiteflash for it. Sorry about the hold up at customs, it really is just a matter of the vendor involved knowing how to fill in the free trade agreement forms to tape to the front of the box correctly.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations on your engagement!

Your ring is absolutely beautiful! :love:

Mark Morrell's settings are gorgeous! I love the setting chosen by you and your fiance; its graceful, delicate and timeless. And an ACA! What a beautiful diamond! You combined a wonderful setting with a perfect diamond, and the result is one that I'm sure you'll love for years! :appl:

Thank you for sharing!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations! That is a beautiful solitaire. It looks so lovely on your hand. :appl: :appl: :appl:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Lovely lovely ring :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pure elegance!!! Congrats with your beautiful ring and enjoy wearing it. The ring looks stunning on your hand.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

One of my favorite settings! It looks lovely and congratulations!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MM is my absolute favorite solitaire designer! Congrats on a gorgeous ring and your engagement!!!

Vampira

Rough_Rock

Very graceful and elegant!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love MM...his metal work looks like liquid mercury. Just gorgeous!

MaryCrawley

Rough_Rock

From one Petite Torchiere owner to another, looks gorgeous! Love it! :bigsmile:

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock

It is perfect on your slim finger :appl:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Classic & beautiful ring! It looks so pretty on your hand :appl: Mark M does gorgeous work & an F ACA is the cream of the crop!
Congratulations & enjoy!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

That is stunning!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful ring! Elegant and timeless. :love: Congratulations on your engagement and wear your gorgeous ER in health and happiness!

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock

Beautiful! I love the how delicate, yet sturdy the head is!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock

Congratulations on your engagement. The ring looks beautiful on you. I'm from Australia too and I also have a Mark Morrell Petite Torchiere with a diamond roughly the same size as yours. Mark did mine is a size 4 and an eighth. It is a size that does not slide at all on my finger, winter or summer. I love the comfort of this ring as well as the look; it's so smooth. Providing one has done the research no-one should feel afraid of buying a diamond ring online.

Monchup

Rough_Rock

Thank you everyone so much for your kind words and tips! I'm over the moon and my fiancé and I still can't believe we are now engaged!!

Wednesday

Rough_Rock

I love that setting and the ring looks great! Congratulations on your engagement!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock

Congratulations on your engagement. Your ring is lovely.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful ring, congrats!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is one of my very favorite solitaire settings, and of course, an ACA is the perfect diamond for it! :love: I am certain WF will send you the AGS report as it surely is just an oversight.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results