shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell settings - Fluorescence set

Chuckenator

Rough_Rock
Some background on the ring can be found here:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/deal-of-the-century-or-big-disappointment-incoming.171340/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/deal-of-the-century-or-big-disappointment-incoming.171340/[/URL]
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-01-carat-d-vs2-excellent-cut-hca-0-6-sbf.171395/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-01-carat-d-vs2-excellent-cut-hca-0-6-sbf.171395/[/URL]

Center stone: GIA 2.01 carat, D color, VS2, XXX, HCA 0.6, strong blue fluorescence
Side stones: 6-point, eight side stones for engagement, nine for wedding band

All side stones for wedding band do NOT have fluorescence, all side stones for wedding band are strong blue fluorescent (like engagement ring center stone). The picture that shows the fluorescence isn't perfect, as the stones opposite of the light source won't glow as bright.

Center stone is from BlueNile. Original setting was from BlueNile, but once a PSer showed us Mark Morrell we returned the BlueNile setting, keeping the center stone, and asked Mark to create a set similar to DJ's, but with a fluorescent flair.
DJ's wedding set with a larger center stone and using 10-point side stones: http://www.mwmjewelry.com/D_J_2-653ct_wed_set/

And now for the pictures!

photo(8).JPG

photo(3).JPG

photo(10).JPG

photo(12).JPG

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous set! And the fluorescence is a cool bonus, i love it :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That looks STUNNING chuck!!! You put together a very cool set! I love the fluoresence shots!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Chuckenator

Rough_Rock
I live in Bermuda right now and only get to see my fiance every few weeks. Tomorrow will be the first time I'll see the ring in person (she just received it from the appraiser today) and I'll try to get some fluorescent shots. However, she won't be bringing the wedding band with her so I won't be able to see how the combination looks in natural sunlight.

A few more from Mark:

Custom wedding set 2.01ct_sz5_002m.JPG

Custom wedding set 2.01ct_sz5_007m.JPG

Custom wedding set 2.01ct_sz5_014m.JPG

Custom wedding set 2.01ct_sz5_033m.JPG

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous shots!!! Stunning set. Love that you have a spacer too

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, Chuck!!! That turned out to be gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: You really made a very beautiful set of rings! And of course you know, I just love the fluorescence!!! :appl: Congratulations!

hoover

Shiny_Rock
That's an awesome set! The fluorescence is cool and the heart-shaped prongs to set the melee are a nice touch :appl:

Chuckenator

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all the kind words! The fiancé is very happy with the set and Mark Morrell was awesome to work with. DJ and Mark created a beautiful initial set that enabled us to have exactly what we were looking for. Mark supported us to personalize the set with the side stone selection of fluorescence.

I wish I could edit my original post. By design the engagement ring side stones do NOT have fluorescence and all the wedding band stones do. I thought it was kind of a cool way to "secretly" pair the engagement ring center stone with the wedding band.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
i love fluo, its so cool. you've made a very pretty set congrats :appl:

Chuckenator

Rough_Rock
I was able to see the ring in person last night and it's beautiful. However, I was expecting the side stones to look bigger - be more prominent. I'm so used to looking at large scale photos where you can see the details that I wasn't expecting this tiny ring.

Would 10-point side stones have made a significant difference compared to the 6-point?

LoveMunkie

Rough_Rock
Love your set!I think the size of the side stones really depends on what look you're going for. I noticed a big difference between 6 and 10 point stones when choosing my eternity wedding band. It went from a "sparkly" complementary band to a "blingy" wear alone if I want kind of band if that makes sense? But my Ering band is plain so I went with the 10 pointers. I think the 6 pointers are perfect since both bands have them-otherwise they might take away from the center stone too much?

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so pretty! I love fluorescence. :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I think 6 points is perfect! Honestly, if you had two bands of 10 pointers, your center diamond would blend into a sea of bling! I really think you made a great choice on everything!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks perfect! So beautiful!

The blue fluor is so cool too.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
It's absolutely gorgeous! It looks beautiful on her finger and I love the spacer, it's a perfect fit! congratulations!!!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is SO COOL.

That is all.

Well, except for my sincere congratulations and my ardent desire that you come back and post some pics of the set in the sunlight .... ;))

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic set. I love the MM setting and the florescence in the band is wonderful.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results