shape
carat
color
clarity

M AVC three stone in yellow gold

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sent back the J/K AVC five stone I had gotten over the summer. It was gorgeous, but just not "me". Instead, I now have three M AVC's, .48 center and .46 sides. I have pics comparing the center to the five stone, all three M's loose, and now set. I had them on DB for a while but decided you know what, screw it, sometimes *I* get to have something for ME too, so I kept them and set them. Currently, however, I am racking my brain trying to decide if I want to trade them back for warm AVR's or keep what I have. I also am talking w/Michael Robinson of RDG about doing something down the road.

100_40431.jpg

100_40451.jpg

100_40611.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring! I thought the five stone was great, but this tops it! The finger coverage is amazing.

I really love how the yellow gold setting brings out the warmth in the M's. What can I say, I am a sucker for warm antique cuts. :lickout:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a GORGEOUS 3 stone, packrat!!! ITs beautiful and great finger coverage on you!!! I am totally in agreement with the philosophy, that at some point, it's TOTALLY okay to do nice things for yourself and enjoy them - why not? we all deserve some pampering so go ahead and enjoy the goodies that you've worked hard for. Good for you!
:appl: :appl: :appl:

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! I love the warmth.
:appl:
Who did you have make the setting?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous, Packrat! I love the chunky setting, too. I think it has great presence on your hand. :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I LOOOOOVE IT!! I THINK YOU HIT IT OUT OF THE PARK WITH THIS ONE!!!!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I love this! It's stunning on you and somehow more finger coverage. Well done. :love: :love:

lulu

Ideal_Rock
The yellow gold with those stones is beautiful!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!! I was watching those stones on DB and wondered if you decided to keep them. I wanted them, but I just don't have enough saved quite yet. Anyway, I am thinking of getting an AV stone in the near colorless to faint yellow range. The comparison between the J and the M really helps. Do you prefer the warmer M over the J? I'm guessing you do. It's great with the yellow gold. Yum!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Mmmm those are beautiful M's! I am loving the warmth!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Packrat I FLIPPING love love love the three stone! I adore the color, like really really adore it, and it looks spectacular in yellow gold.

Put a fork in, you are DONE! :bigsmile:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW Packrat!!! It's spectacular!! I adore the warm colours, and they are PERFECT with the yellow gold. And the finger coverage - YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: You so deserve it :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, what a beautiful ring!!! It's so interesting how the character of stones can change based upon how they are set. You can appreciate warmth so much more in the YG stone setting. Enjoy your ring packrat, it really is lovely!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's an outstanding three stone ring. I LOVE it :love: The stones look quite warm, yellow in a very good way. The yellow gold highlights them very well. I would keep it like it is.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What an awesome improvement over the 5-stone! Beautiful ring.

May I ask, is the delicious lemony color coming from the yellow gold prongs? I have an L AVC on an 18K yellow shank, but in white gold prongs, and it doesn't look as rich as that. I wonder if that's the jump from L to M, or if the prongs help. If it's prongs, one more checkmark on my reset list!

Congrats on an awesome ring!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, thanks everyone! :appl: :wavey:

It really does give awesome finger coverage, I'm really happy about that. The five stone did too but, these are bigger stones and I like that a lot more.

Lotus, Amcor did the setting-I went thru Poppyseed on DB.
Dainty, yes I do like the M's over the J/K..I wasn't sure at first if I would, so I had the center sent to look at and compare w/the five stone and liked it muchly.

Also, I said it was over the Summer but der, it was this past Winter.

GemFever, I'm not sure exactly if the prongs are accentuating the yellow of the stones or what. I know colored stones can sometimes look different when set, darker, more or less of a secondary color etc, so I don't know if it's the all yellow setting, or just being set and next to each other in general and not being separate and in an open stone holder or loose on the back of my hand. When I had them loose, it was so snowy outside and overcast all the time, they seemed a LOT more vanilla-y than they do now.

I miss the vanilla color-but I don't know if it will come back if it's overcast out? Or when I do my forever setting if they'd be better in something like unplated white gold, I'm just not sure. I'm happy w/them the way they are now tho..I don't get to wear it very often, but I'm trying to get out in different lighting and environments to see how it looks. Sucker is a big ole disco ball, that's for sure.

I've not seen an L color before in these, so I'm not sure how much warmer the M's are. I do plan on saving up to have an AVR sent out to look at, to compare to these and see which way I want to go.

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
Packrat,
That is an amazing ring.
Do I understand correctly that you traded up onc AVC for a few stones? And you also considering trading up your three stone ring for a one higher color AVC?

I was told by GOG that I can trade in only one stone for a one stone and I cannot trade in a one stone for let's say a pair of studs.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
packrat it's gorgeous :) i am so happy you found something that is more *you*. enjoy your ring and please share more pics if you can!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!!!! I love this shape stone for your hand, the coverage is great, the colors are stunning, the whole package just works beautifully together :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packrat, I absolutely love this ring!!! Seriously, don't get me wrong, your 5 stone was really pretty, but this just looks so amazing on your hand and has such good finger coverage! Those stones are yummy too - SO beautiful! :love: :appl: :love:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Packrat,
I love the idea you brought up of unplated white gold for the final setting. I bet it would bring out the creamier color of the diamonds, if that is what you prefer. It seems that your diamonds are chameleons and really pick up the surrounding colors. I think that is pretty darn cool! Whatever you decide for their permanent home, I am sure it will be amazing! For now, enjoy those beauties in the yummy yellow gold! :appl:

hoover

Shiny_Rock
Wow :love: :love: :love:

The AVCs look amazing! That's a gorgeous setting and the colour looks like sunshine/lemonade - the stones look like they're glowing :lickout:
I'm totally drooling here... :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results