shape
carat
color
clarity

Lovin'' my new Whiteflash studs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
I'm soooooooooooo happy with the Whiteflash studs I just received. They're 1.04 total carat weight set in four-prong baskets. The stones are Expert Selection; one is J/VS2 and the other is I/SI1.

I bought them to replace a pair of 1.60 studs I bought pre-Pricescope and never loved. Man, what a difference!

I knew they'd be way more brilliant and fiery than my old studs, but what really surprised me was that they appeared almost as large despite the fact that each stone is, like, 5.2mm compared to 6.0mm with the old pair. Even though I've discovered the joy of ideal-cut stones, I secretly thought that whole ideals-look-larger-than-mediocre-cut stones was a legend. Like the City of Eldorado or diet soda that really tastes like regular. But it's true! The sparkle really makes them look larger. My mom asked if they were a carat each. Bless her!

Anyway, here's a shot of the earrings. I know y'all are expecting ear shots, too, so I'll try to do that, although I'm dreadful with the digital camera.

kvstuds.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Pretty!!!
30.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are just lovely!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I just got a pair too, aren''t they fun?!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, enjoy!!!

susi

Shiny_Rock
I love them too, Kathleen! Like the basket mount, very much.

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Who doesn''t love a beautiful pair of diamond studs! They''re gorgeous!!

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone! (I''d use a cute emoticon here, but for some reason they turn up all funky from my computer.)

I hoped the post might be helpful for people tempted to sacrifice cut to gain a little bit of carat weight. I couldn''t believe how "big" my new studs seemed because of their brilliance/sparkle! Yay!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
they look beautiful

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, very nice!!! Please do try and get an ear shot! I''m trying to decide on a size for myself. Like you, I have a pair of 1.5 ctw studs that was pre-PS that I won''t wear anymore!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Drool! Oh, if you can''t get ear shots to work, how about a photo on some silk or velvet? What do you have planned for your old studs?

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Love them! They look beautiful! I think that is the perfect size too.

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
I will try (no, I mean it!) to get some ear shots or...something interesting. I''m just soooooo hopeless with the digital camera/uploading thing. ;-)

DS, I''ve been following your earring quest, so I will make an effort to do the ear-shot thing. I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by the size. I didn''t miss those millimeters like I thought I would.

Reader, I''m going to sell the old ones. I''m sure to take a loss, but now they''ll just sit in my jewelry box collecting dust. I couldn''t let that happen to them. ;-)

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Just for fun, can you take a pic of the old studs next to the new?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice earrings! These are classic and perfect, congrats on your new earrings. Wonderful size for ears.

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the nice words, everyone! :) I''m pretty excited.

Reader, great idea about a side-by-side comparison. I''ll do that when I break out the camera!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results