shape
carat
color
clarity

"Lotsa bling" wedding set! (3.96 TCW)

LydiaLY

Rough_Rock
I'm not sure how it's going to look. I think I will probably have a gap between the w-ring, spacer and e-ring because they won't be able to sit flush together (because of the trellis setting). We shall see! At any rate, I'll take the simple spacer for now just to keep the two rings from rubbing. I have small accent stones left over from my previous wedding set I could maybe work on designing an eternity band with them and use it as the spacer. Next project!!! :)

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Yowza! That is some serious bling! I love the profile, how the wedding band sits lower. I too vote for getting a spacer band. I got my spacer band from Etsy. I don't think it is even 1mm. It is SUPER slim, but does the trick if I want to wear my rings in a way that there is rubbing danger. Your rings look amazing close together, so I wouldn't make too much of a gap. Congrats on a gorgeous wedding set. Please post pics when you get your spacer band. (if you always wear your set together, maybe your jeweler can make the side of the bands stick out in between the rings a little.) Like add some extra platinum or gold, to make a teensy gap. Instead of a spacer ring.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful set! Full of bling and life!!! Don't be silly - there is NEVER too much bling! :dance: :clap: :love:

LydiaLY

Rough_Rock
UPDATE : "Lotsa bling" wedding set! (3.96 TCW)

Hi everyone! sorry it has taken me so long to post an update! Right after you guys suggested I get a spacer, I ordered a 2mm white gold spacer from my jeweler. I REALLY didn't like the look of it - I didn't like seeing a plain band separate the e-ring from the w-band. I tried to live with it for a couple weeks but really couldn't come to appreciate the look... back it went!

I decided on (yet some more bling) an eternity band instead. I couldn't be happier with the end result! Again, I know this style isn't for everyone but for those who appreciate lotsa bling - here goes!

Since I can only post 4 pictures at a time I'll add a second post :)

fullsizerender__1_6.jpg

fullsizerender__2_11.jpg

fullsizerender__3_6.jpg

fullsizerender__4_6.jpg

LydiaLY

Rough_Rock
Part 2!

Again, I'm horrible at taking pictures. I really need to get my daughter to take some nice ones with her fancy camera.... these are from my iPhone :)

I also received my final papers so here are the specs for those who might be interested. I know some cuts are inferior but some of these stones were repurposed from my original wedding set - didn't want to trade them in, sentimental attachment. Overall I'm very happy with the fire of the set - it plays beautifully indoors and out. I can only imagine what it would look like with superior stones! My jeweler did an amazing stone selection (in my opinion) to meet my desired end result and budget - I couldn't be happier (well I could I suppose if I had a bajillion dollars for the perfect ideal cut stones!) with my set!

Engagement ring :
1- 1.00 ct, G, SI2, G cut
1 - 0.36 ct, H, SI2, VG cut
1 - 0.35 ct, G, SI2, VG cut
2 - 0.25 ct, G/H, SI1/2, G cut

Wedding ring :
5 - 0.33 ct, G, SI2, G cut

Eternity band :
36 - 0.02 ct, F/G, SI2, cut unknown

4.58 total carat weight :)

I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove my set!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

fullsizerender__6_3.jpg

img_9900.jpg

img_9901.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty rings. I bet they put off a ton or sparkle and fire. :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous set! I bet it sparkles like mad! :appl:

LydiaLY

Rough_Rock
Thanks Marcy and Junebug! It sparkles so much I'm beyond happy with it! Even my husband likes this spacer better than the plain band. He thought it cheapened the set. Who am I to argue with a husband who is willing to spend the money for an eternity band! :dance:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this look Lydia.. your biggie bling keeps it gorgeous bling and you have the lovely eternity in the middle.. looks beautiful on you!

thanks for sharing!!!

:appl: :love:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Do you have any perspective shots? I love the look, but for me the e-ring looks so high! I'm a klutz so I'd be worried about snagging prongs (and this is why my e-ring prongs were replaced with platinum). :D :D

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice pair of rings!

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can't tell you how many times i have come back to this post just to drool over your rings! :lol: Bring on the bling, absolutely GORGEOUS!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
WOW WOW WOW!!! :love:

LydiaLY

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys! Farrahlyn you're too funny! there are sooooooooo many pretty posts on these forums! I've happily wasted many hours lurking around myself!

I'll try to take some profile/side views of the set sometime this weekend. Yes the e-ring sits high but not much more (if at all) than many solitaire settings I've seen. When I first picked it up I wasn't too sure about the height either but I got over that in a whole of 10 minutes :D My old set sat lower not unlike my wedding band so it was a very different look. I still really love the look of the e-ring with the wedding band, without the eternity band but I haven't been able to come to terms with having them soldered together (so I don't get any girdle rub). Maybe sometime in the months to come I'll buy a skinny 1mm band to put in between and change it up a bit. Don't get me wrong guys! Not complaining!!! :razz:

You guys are such an awesome group! I was able to get so many ideas and constructive suggestions from members. Lots of great people on here :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results