shape
carat
color
clarity

looks of prongs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JPham

Rough_Rock
I have been looking a quite a few pictures of rings and I noticed that ever single ring had prongs with a different look (small, bulbous, sharp, laid flat, high, etc.)

Is this due to the design of the ring, the jewler, or the customer? What is the best for a center stone? And what is preffered?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 12:28:24 AM
Author:JPham
I have been looking a quite a few pictures of rings and I noticed that ever single ring had prongs with a different look (small, bulbous, sharp, laid flat, high, etc.)

Is this due to the design of the ring, the jewler, or the customer? What is the best for a center stone? And what is preffered?
A mix of all of the above!

There is no "best", it''s what you want, and what is possible with whoever is making the ring. Most just want a prong that is not too large/too apparent, and that doesn''t cover too much area.

One other thing to remember, these pics exaggerate everything. Most prongs are barely noticeable in real life.
28.gif

JPham

Rough_Rock
I kind like the look of the thicker prings.

My ring has small ones. I guess the jeweler thought it would look better with my ring.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
There isn''t really a best really except that teeny tiny ones aren''t as durable. However, my favorite are the types that are sharpened to a point like a claw. They are so lovely and delicate looking in person. My second favorite are the types that are rounded as small like a little bead.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results