shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for pics of an oval stone in an eternity setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Snickerdoodle

Shiny_Rock
I''ve fallen in love with the idea of an oval diamond set onto an eternity band, but I can''t seem to find any actual pictures of this combination. It looks nice in the artist''s rendering online, but I would like to see a picture of an actual ring. I''ve looked through the "Show me your eternity sets" thread, and I can''t find what I''m looking for.

I prefer the shorter, fatter ovals (about a 1.3 ratio) to the longer, narrower ones. Is there any reason why this wouldn''t look good in an eternity setting? Do ovals look so out of place with an eternity band that it just isn''t done?

Thanks!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
I think it sounds amazing and really unusual - would love to see pics of this. What a great idea.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Do you plan on setting the stone N-S or E-W?

It sounds stunning.

Snickerdoodle

Shiny_Rock
N-S. I like the finger-elogating qualities when it''s set that way!

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
I saved this pic in my inspiration folder, but I honestly have no idea whose ring it was
33.gif
- would love to give credit where it''s due, so if the owner of this ring sees this, please chime in! I also think this is a very beautiful and elegant look.

lovelyoval.jpg

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
I believe that this dreamy - ring I would most like to have in the world ever - belongs to Trinity911. I love it.

By the way I am so thick lol - I thought that you meant an eternity band made up of ovals - thats why I was harping on about it being so unusual!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Me too, Lottie.

Now, who in PS might do an oval eternity band so we can see photos...? Sorry, my devilish, Machiavellian side slipped out
1.gif

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Just a thought- if you''re going custom, I wonder what little east-west ovals on the band would look like? Or is that too much? I like the idea and now I want one!
9.gif

Snickerdoodle

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Glitterbug!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I was also wondering about ovals in eternity settings but it is really hard to find...I found this somewhere (I can''t remember) with e/w emeralds (?).

oval eternity ring cool.jpg

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a 3 stone (although the cut of the stones looks more antique than the modern oval cut)...I think someone on here had a vintage 5 stone oval ring? This might be the closest thing to an eternity on here...

3STONE0000.jpg

trinity911

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 12:23:27 AM
Author: glitterbug
I saved this pic in my inspiration folder, but I honestly have no idea whose ring it was
33.gif
- would love to give credit where it''s due, so if the owner of this ring sees this, please chime in! I also think this is a very beautiful and elegant look.
thanks for posting my ring Glitterbug - I''m so flattered it made it into yr inspiration folder (even tho'' my hands look like an Egyptian Mummy''s!) and Lottie UK - thank you for your lovely comments. I love your ring too! If we ever meet up for a UK GTG, we can try each others'' on!!

Snickerdoodle - I think ovals with eternity bands are fab - obviously I would say that - but seriously, I think the rounds and ovals compliment each other because they''re both brilliant cuts. Oh, and mine''s a fat oval too - I think it''s a 1.3, which I was originally concerned about because it''s not "1A ideal" according to the fancy cut standards but as soon as I saw it I was in love! It''s in a ritani endless love inspired setting done by WF and I think they did a great job.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Guys, I''m sorry, I''m just a little confused. Does Snickerdoodle want an oval solitaire in an eternity setting? Or does she want an eternity band made up of oval stones (no solitaire)?

Sorry for being dense!

Snickerdoodle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 5:16:46 PM
Author: somehowcollide
Guys, I''m sorry, I''m just a little confused. Does Snickerdoodle want an oval solitaire in an eternity setting? Or does she want an eternity band made up of oval stones (no solitaire)?

Sorry for being dense!
Oval solitare in an eternity setting, like Trinity''s ring shown in Glitterbug''s post.

But now that you mention it, an eternity band made of oval stones would keep my oval solitare from being lonely.
31.gif

Snickerdoodle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 5:15:21 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Snickerdoodle, I don''t have a photo right now to help.. but had to post and say...... your avatar cracks me up. LOL
Thanks! That''s Fondue, one of my rats, standing on my lap and looking up at the camera.

Your avatar is hilarious! I emailed it to a few folks so they could get a giggle out of it too!

Snickerdoodle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 5:14:19 PM
Author: trinity911

Date: 8/26/2008 12:23:27 AM
Author: glitterbug
33.gif
thanks for posting my ring Glitterbug - I''m so flattered it made it into yr inspiration folder (even tho'' my hands look like an Egyptian Mummy''s!) and Lottie UK - thank you for your lovely comments. I love your ring too! If we ever meet up for a UK GTG, we can try each others'' on!!

Snickerdoodle - I think ovals with eternity bands are fab - obviously I would say that - but seriously, I think the rounds and ovals compliment each other because they''re both brilliant cuts. Oh, and mine''s a fat oval too - I think it''s a 1.3, which I was originally concerned about because it''s not ''1A ideal'' according to the fancy cut standards but as soon as I saw it I was in love! It''s in a ritani endless love inspired setting done by WF and I think they did a great job.
Beautiful ring! I love it!

Nice puffer fish! Is it yours?

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 8:25:36 PM
Author: Snickerdoodle
Date: 8/26/2008 5:16:46 PM

Author: somehowcollide

Sorry for being dense!

Oval solitare in an eternity setting, like Trinity''s ring shown in Glitterbug''s post.

But now that you mention it, an eternity band made of oval stones would keep my oval solitare from being lonely.
31.gif

Thank you for clarifying, as your initial post was unclear and I think others were posting the latter (eternity made up on oval stones).

Anyway, in that case, PS has its fair share of such settings.

Here''s hairgirl95''s it''s not a full eternity, per se, but it certainly could be.

closeup%20ering1012.JPG

i adore tabsny''s Leon masterpiece

My_ering.jpg

More of trinity911''s as it really IS a stunner.

ovalhandshot.JPG

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Does trevor''s ring qualify? I sure hope so, as it is breathtaking!!

Ring%20on%20prickly%20pear%20bloom%5B1%5D.JPG

And last, but certainly not least, marvel''s stunner. I''ve spent countless hours drooling over this ring!

IMG_0381.gif

Hope this helps. Lots of these oval''s with pave bands have a halo too. I think it is a nice look. I must have every oval center stone on the site memorized! (It is my center stone to be!!)

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Trinity 911 I would love to try your ring on - you wouldn''t believe how fast I can run lol!

Snickerdoodle

Shiny_Rock
Omigosh! I don''t know how I missed all those beautiful rings! Those are fabulous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results