shape
carat
color
clarity

Long Time Lurker (aka drooler!) needs wedding bang suggestions please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SilverVT

Rough_Rock
OOPS!! Wedding banD!
14.gif

Hi everyone! I've drooled over all of your rings for so long and I need some help/suggestions.

I've been engaged for over a year and we finally picked a date (Aug 23!) so I need to get on picking a band. The problem is, with my ring, I have no idea what to pair it with.

Suggestions have been to have one custom made like the setting, but I personally think that would be just too much going on. I've also looked at channel set, but they all seem too sparkly when the only thing sparkly on my ring is the diamond!

What about just a plain band? I was thinking of just a plain, domed palladium band for now (budget) and then replacing with a better one later. Millegrain or no? I am doubly afraid that the carving on the e-ring will either get ground down or tear up another band.

Here are some terrible pictures of my baby (1 carat, size 4.25, Lazare Kaplan, platinum setting originally by ?? recently re-engraved by Kirk Kara). I apologize for the lighting - cloudy day + no macro setting on my camera = awful, awful pictures.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions. Maybe soon I'll get a decent camera and some good light to post good pictures!

ringsvt04102008.JPG

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you were to go custom, I think that a band with the same engraving but broken pattern with scattered diamonds...does that make sense? Or what about an eternity ring with matching engraving on the sides?

SilverVT

Rough_Rock
Okay - I just needed to redeem her some. Not a great pic but MUCH better.

Note that all the little dots are dust/debris on the ring. It''s in desperate need of a cleaning.

svtring041108.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring! It's so timeless. I vote that if you do a plain band, keep the milgrain edge. Here's one in WG (I'm pretty sure they have it in plat)

Plain Milgrain

OR

I believe that thin diamond bands go with EVERYTHING :) WF thin diamond band A channel set seems too modern to pair with your vintage style ring, but a prong or pave band might look really nice.

sera

Ideal_Rock
I think a plain band looks good with almost anything.

I like this ring by Ritani from their Romantique collection. You could do a custom ring something like this with the same pattern as in your ring or even break up the pattern (like Diamond*Dana suggested).

ritani_romatique.wband_33217BRP.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know people aren''t big on soldering their e-ring and wband together these days, with all the fun stacking options etc., but it is a process that can pretty easily be reversed....so, you could still go the plain palladium or WG route, have it milgrained or order it that way, and just solder the two together (where the sizing portion of your ering is) to avoid the milgrained edges wearing away at each other. Just a thought.
1.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2008 12:07:05 AM
Author: Diamond*Dana
If you were to go custom, I think that a band with the same engraving but broken pattern with scattered diamonds...does that make sense? Or what about an eternity ring with matching engraving on the sides?
I''m with Diamond*Dana. I think she gave two fabulous suggestions! Perhaps you can work with the maker of your engagement ring mounting to create either one and have the engraving match your e-ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results