shape
carat
color
clarity

Let the Reset Begin!!!!

mommy2nk

Shiny_Rock
First, sorry for the Novel!!haha

I am very excited to share with you all that I am in the very beginning stages of resetting my asscher. Unfortunately this came about in a not so fun way. I recently purchased a gorgeous 5 stone ring but for some reason I was having problems with the rose gold setting. The wear on the ring looked as if I had it for years when in fact I had it for only days. I sent it back to the vendor, who confirmed the oddity in it's wear, they fixed it and sent it back. I ended up needing to send it back in for the wear issue along with a few other issues. After talking it over with my husband we ended up returning the ring. It was a difficult decision especially since the vendor is amazing, as well as the customer service. I made that decision mainly because I wondered what would happen if I continued to have problems with the ring in the future, I would have to keep sending it out to the vendor. Luckly I was within the look period and had the option to return it. Now my dilemma was what to do. The 5 stone was to celebrate my 5 year anniversary and I still wanted to do this but now I felt my options were limited. During this time I was preparing for my very first Pro/Am Ballroom competion (me being the Am) and mentioned my ring situation to my dance partner. He told me that I had to go see his jeweler who did his wedding ring and his wifes rings. That same week I had a hair appointment (still preparing for my competition). My hair stylist has a very unique engagement ring shaped like a snake with black diamonds. Not my style but this ring rocks. I noticed it the first time she ever did my hair but never thought to ask her about her jeweler because her ring is a style you don't see everyday. So as you do when you are getting your hair done, I mentioned about my ring and she said I should go see her jeweler which ended up being the same jeweler as my dance partner's. Not totally coincidental seeing as my hairdresser and dance partner are neighbors, though I met each of them individually and not because of.... Okay, so the same week I am told to see this jeweler by two different people and I did. I wasn't sure what to expect because he is not a jeweler at a store, I suppose he would be considered more designer/bench jeweler. He specializes in mens jewelery, very tribal and organic ( really some fantastic stuff) but he also makes the more traditional rings. When I left I was stunned that not only will I be able to have another 5 stone ring but that I will be able to reset my asscher. My orginal 5 stone was 2 carats total and the new one will be more like 1.75ish and the setting will be slightly different but it left me room to also knock out my reset.

The part I am really excited about are the side stones we selected for my ring. I saw a picture with bullets and loved those. I then found a store with a ring that utilized bullets as side stones and when I tried it on I was not in love. I then tried on two other rings with traps and another with half moons which was pleasing. I called him up and let him know my change, which he felt was a good choice. I went in today even though he had not found half moons. What he did find was even better. He had told me over the phone that he had found some nice traps but that he had also found these really unique side stones that he had never seen before. I too had never seen anything like them. He told me they are called caddys after the Cadillac emblem. He held each of the different styles up to my stone and I really liked the caddys. It seems like it will give the ring a more delicate feel. I don't have pictures of the actual stones but I found this picture which looks similar (same feel and angles) to my stones but the pictured ones are bigger. Now that we have selected the side stones we are moving forward with the design. I gave him a ton of pictures of what I like, and of what I don't. I also went over my current setting with him so we steer clear of those imperfections. I will keep you all updated as the process of both my new rings comes about. I just had to share!!!
Oh and since I mentioned my Ballroom Dancesport Competition I competed last weekend. I danced 4 dances in 2 divisions and I took FIRST PLACE in all eight dances... I could not believe it!!! :appl:

PressCadi-Stone.gif

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
Well that is all around great news, a new five stone, reset and a champion dancer! I can't wait to see the rings when they're ready. Those side stones look beautiful.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your dance competition!

I can't wait to see your reset ring. I love the Cadillac cut stones - there is a Tacori ring that uses those. When I get sidestones for our 10yr anni, I am considering either bullets, baguettes or cadillac cuts, so we have similar taste - I think your new ring is going to be gorgeous!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love love love cadillac cut stones. It is the Tacori 2628 that uses them. I have loved that ring for a long time. Your ring
sounds stunning and I can't wait to see it. Please share the name of your jeweler, so we can look up his website if he
has one. He sounds pretty amazing!

mommy2nk

Shiny_Rock
Oranges- Thank you! All this happened within 2 weeks of each other so I am of course on Cloud 9!! I will be back as soon as my rings are ready, sooner with the CADS....

Vespergirl-Thank you too! I also think we have similar taste. I always look at your set, I love it. I think eventually I will get a classic solitare, not sure when but someday! I had never seen stones like these before but when I got home after seeing him I googled the name and found the Tacori setting. I will say my eyes gravitated a bit more towards the traps, but I really liked the uniqueness of the Cadi's. I think it will allow for cleaner lines along the shank. I can't wait to see what my jeweler comes up with.

luv2sparkle- His name is Timothy Meier if you type his name and add the .com it will direct you to his website. You can check his page on facebook which is under Timothy Meier Design Fan Page. He has a few pictures there of his work. Here are a few that I like along with one showing his mens jewelery...

When I saw the picture of the Tacori I really liked it too.

22538_252167174857_608414857_3306538_1239936_n.jpg

busch.jpg

n608414857_1120581_8941.jpg

tm.jpg

legra

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting! Can't wait to see how the 5 stone and your reset will turn out - those cadillac stones look gorgeous. Congrats on your ballroom dancing wins - how fun! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results