shape
carat
color
clarity

Let''s Say You Had A 4 ct., I SI2 RB

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvstheflash

Rough_Rock
You''re a blingy kind of girl...
You like to see sparkles everywhere...
You don''t want a solitaire...
You don''t want halo...
You want the I color to face up as white as possible (although you do like the bit of warmth it displays)...
You''re not opposed to a single ring...
You''re not opposed to ering with wring...
You have done the antique style and oops, it''s not working for you...
You''re thinking eternity bands, but just not sure...

Show me how you would set this diamond, please!

luvstheflash

Rough_Rock
And here she is in her current setting, which is pretty new coughcoughaboutamontholdcoughcough. It''s too hard looking and just didn''t turn out how I''d envisioned. I shouldn''t be thinking about changing it so soon, but I am. I guess that truly means it isn''t what I want, so the obsession unfortunately continues. I just did it wrong, so now I have to do it again.

017small2.jpg

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Luvstheflash...

I was actually thinking about you the other day. Wondering if youu were happy with the way you set your baby. Because I''ve been so back and forth with mine, trying to see what was in my minds eye, and still don''t have her on my finger!!

You should have what you want!!! Is there any chance that the jeweler you were working with would keep working with you to soften it up a bit? Or are you just ready to put it another way?

I love the way that an RB looks with pear side stones... also... I''m in love with the Tiffany Schlumberger solitaire... I will have that thing one day! LOL!

cara

Ideal_Rock
Your stone is a beauty and it is lost in that setting... reminds me of DeeJay's "Brick" setting which I think is awesome but it is veeery close to the line of being too much and this one might be over it.

Your stone looks absolutely beautiful in the solitaire to my eye, but if its not doing it for you, how about something simpler and Not Too Much - a classic 3-stone with pears comes to mind (KristyDarling?) or maybe a fishtail pave eternity rather than a shared prong with bigger melee - I am thinking of LynnB's transition. I liked both her first WF setting (shared prong) and her second (fishtale, smaller melee) but the second is slightly more subtle and I think more appropriate for your 4ct stone. With a stone this size you could even do a split shank or something if that appealed to you... But please try them on extensively to make sure first! Minimalist and perfectly proportioned are key!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/1/2008 7:23:31 PM
Author: cara
Your stone is a beauty and it is lost in that setting... reminds me of DeeJay''s ''Brick'' setting which I think is awesome but it is veeery close to the line of being too much and this one might be over it.

Your stone looks absolutely beautiful in the solitaire to my eye, but if its not doing it for you, how about something simpler and Not Too Much - a classic 3-stone with pears comes to mind (KristyDarling?) or maybe a fishtail pave eternity rather than a shared prong with bigger melee - I am thinking of LynnB''s transition. I liked both her first WF setting (shared prong) and her second (fishtale, smaller melee) but the second is slightly more subtle and I think more appropriate for your 4ct stone. With a stone this size you could even do a split shank or something if that appealed to you... But please try them on extensively to make sure first! Minimalist and perfectly proportioned are key!
I was just thinking that! Between the two pics... that solitaire looks TWICE as big as the stone in the setting! Amazing how a setting can set off, or block off a stone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous but it certainly doesn''t make your equally gorgeous diamond be the center of attention. I would get something you are completely delighted with as my DH knows based on how many times i change things in for something I just love - today.
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think pears would be beautiful (like KristyDarrrling''s) if you really want something different some blue sapphires would look amazing and make your "I" look whiter.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is hard to embellish a four carat diamond and not make it look over the top. It really looked beautiful on you as a solitaire IMO. If anything, I would consider one of the Leon type rings for your stone. You could either have a diamond shank for extra bling or try the three stone - if you have enough finger space to fit the sidestones in.

I definitely wouldn''t halo a stone of that size. It is a big, blingy setting for sure but the stone just gets lost in it. I understand wanting lots of bling and sparkle but you''ve got a gorgeous stone - let it be the center of attention!

If you really want a halo mounting, maybe you''d consider downsizing the stone (I know, horrors - don''t strike me dead!) for a different type of halo.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I like the pear side stones, too. It will enhance your diamond rather than take away from it, which I think your current setting does. It just seems lost in there, even though I would love that particular setting for a much smaller diamond. I agree with Futuremrss that it would look amazing with a cushion gemstone of almost any color though!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I''ll show you the setting I''m drooling over for my 3.55ct OEC. It''s antique-y styled though completely different than your current one. It''s a combo of two Van Craeynest settings. The two on either side are the catalogue pics and the middle one is my photoshop merge of the two that I want someday.

It fits your descrip pretty well of what you want, though perhaps a bit too plain and solitaire like?

vccollagesmusethis.jpg

luvstheflash

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! It is frustrating to not be in love with my ring, but oh well.... LOL. The settings that I worked from to create this ring had smaller center stones and it just really changed the integrity of the ring I guess when we popped in a 4 ct. stone. Oops....

luvmyhalo...thanks for those links. I really like your setting...maybe I should do something like that! I also like the split shank and the three stone.

LuckyTexan...please remind me of what you''re having done with your ring! My jeweler will definitely work with me and I''m meeting with him this week. I''m not sure how much tweaking they can do to soften the ring though. I might just be over it, you know? That Schlumberger ring is beautiful, but the twist thing just really doesn''t do anything for me.

Cara, I wish a solitaire appealed to me; that would sure make things easy! I just want something else going on. I like the shared prong eternity bands, the split shank and three stone with pears sound great too. Good grief, I like it all....that''s my problem!

Futuremrss...I am definitely considering keeping the setting for a right hand ring and I love sapphires. I have a couple of blue sapphire rings, but a third wouldn''t be bad!
31.gif
I love the setting in your avatar!

Thanks Marcyc...you''re right, I should love it and fortunately, my DH thinks so too!

Tacori ering...I''m really liking the idea of a 3-stone with pears, but I really don''t think I want gemstones for my e-ring. I have several other gemstone rings that I like to wear, so I really want this one to be all diamonds. LOL I''m sure you''re right though about the sapphires with the I color.

Tks Deelight! Three wonderful suggestions...any one of them would be beautiful! Ugh....decisions...decisions!!!

MissGotRocks...I''m over the halo now, so I''m definitely not downsizing!
31.gif
I love over the top bling; I just need to find that perfect balance...whatever that is!

Thanks MonkeyPie, I agree with putting a cushion gemstone in there! What a shame; another project! bwaaaahahahahaha
31.gif

LittleGreyKitten, I love the settings and the one you finished with...beautiful! Maybe I could do something like that with a nice pear on each side!
36.gif

You have all been so helpful and I thank you for your suggestions!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Luvstheflash,
I''m having a custom radiant with trilliant side stones made... my first inspiration was the Tiffany Lucida 3 stone... but started custom and worked the design concept out myself... to make it sit flush with my band...
This is the latest pics I have of it... supposedly it will be finished by the end of August...
20.gif

topviewering2008.jpg

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/1/2008 9:20:44 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I think pears would be beautiful (like KristyDarrrling''s) if you really want something different some blue sapphires would look amazing and make your ''I'' look whiter.
OMG mini threadjack!!! The new pic of the baby!!! She is just darling!!! You know I have 2 boys?
emwink.gif

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I like several of the Saturn Jewels settings. AD566, AD239, AD166. Sorry I can''t attach photos. My files are too big, and it is my bedtime.

OK, well I got the AD166 from their website to attach.

Saturn_AD166.jpg

bebe

Ideal_Rock
luvs, I was thinking of your setting this weekend. And DeeJay''s as well. I love a setting with a lot going on, kinda like a Beaudry and Kelege.

I''m working on setting ideas and I''m so afraid I''ll go overboard. While I love pave and all the pretty bling stuff, I realize sometimes a larger stone
is best left to classic settings. I love the setting for Angie Harmon''s ER and also Eva Longoria''s EC. Eva''s has more detail than Angie''s, but both in my
opinion are quite nice. I also love Angie''s eternity band, major bling there.

I say get what you want soon. You want to look at that ring and love it!! Maybe you can use the setting for a colored stone and have a new RHR ;-)

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I always admire this one when I see it in Pearlman''s ad. I think your diamond would look gorgeous in it.This one

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I like the idea behind your ring - it''s just that is sort of overwhelming at the moment.

It would be really nice in the exact same style, but with the "edges" taken off the halos of the center stones and traps. I think those edges are milgrained? In otherwards, all the halos on the traps and round would be shared prong, no bezel edge and not as wide. Anyhow, that would soften up all the hard lines on the ring and still have it be super blingy.

I think 4ct stones can be haloed very nicely, I have seen lots of them anyway, and it can be pretty.

I know it is an agony when you aren''t 100% happy with a result and I am sorry you are struggling with it. Keep at it and you''ll get it just the way you want it.
1.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 8:08:12 AM
Author: CharmCity
Oh, I LOVE it so much as a solitaire !!!!
DITTO! When we''re talking 4 carats...there is such a thing as "overkill" in my opinion.
Less is more..a solitaire is lovely...it doesn''t need all the bells and whistles!

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I vote either a solitaire or 3 stone with pear sides.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am following this thread with interest, as I am currently considering upgrading to a 4-5ct and would love to see what setting you end up with.

I have to say though, I did consider halo'ing my current 3.02ct RB and PS'ers talked me out of it. I am really glad I didn't and doubt if I'd go with a halo for my next RB. I think a larger RB looks beautiful in a solitaire setting as it really shows off the stone and makes the stone the focus of attention.

(Just as an aside, I am having a pear set in a delicate halo setting by LM, I am tiny weeny bit worried about it, ie. how it might look a bit OTT - but I will let you know
1.gif
).

Am thinking perhaps not a plain solitaire for yr beautiful 4carater (don't think this is what you really want, right?). How abt a similar setting to the Tiffany Novo (but perhaps with double claws for safety reasons)? Or a Tacori setting? I remember seeing some lovely settings on there, not too complicated but still gorgeous and intricate enough if that's what you're looking for.

How abt something like this (I;ve been drooling over it, LOL):
http://www.tacori.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SRCH&Product_Code=2604RD75&Category_Code=&Store_Code=TACORI&Search=2604&offset=0&filter_cat=&PowerSearch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high=%20&srch_code=1

(Oh btw, I don't *love* pears on the side. Pls don't throw eggs at me, PSer's!
1.gif
. I know there are some people who really love this setting but I tried it on my own finger - several times at different stores - and it *just* didn't look right on me, if that makes sense. I think perhaps you could go to some shops and try that setting on your own finger. Heck, try on a bunch of different settings and see which one you would *LOVE* the most or what would be the closest to something that you would LOVE. In the end, I think it's what appeals to *YOU* personally that really matters. Just my 2 cents).

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I see that stone in a Leon setting - with no halo - just a micropave band, and double-claw prongs. You can put diamonds on the basket & prongs for more bling, but it won''t take away from that great stone!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I''m kinda leaning in the same direction Vesper is. Double (or single ) claw prongs (Leon''s) pave band, but here''s the part I love, pave work on the basket/gallery.

In fact, if any PS''ers have pics of that, I''d love to see some. I have tons, but can''t seem to find "the one".

luvstheflash

Rough_Rock
Thanks again everyone...this is really helping! It''s so hard when you love so many different styles!

LuckyTexan.....you''re ring is just yummy!!! Somebody needs to get on the ball and get that ring on your finger!!!
31.gif

Thanks NEU...I spent a little time at that website and those settings are lovely.

Thanks bebe and good luck with your setting....I hope you get it right the first time! I am just not scared of going overboard; I love a lot bling and lots of detail. Obviously though, the vision doesn''t always transfer to the finished product! I too love Angie Harmons'' set and am leaning toward a 3-stone...pears or maybe even classic tapered baguettes. I could handle a big flashy eternity band with it! LOL
31.gif

Thanks ilovcarats..that setting is gorgeous.

Thanks Beacon...I like the idea of my ring too, but you''re right; it''s just too hard. I''ll talk to the jeweler to see if there is anything they can do. I also love the halo, but I''m a bit weary of one for my ering now!

Charmcity...I wish I drooled over it as a solitaire. I''ve just never been a minimalist!

Geckodani...I do like the split shanks and am keeping that on the maybe list!

Beau13....I appreciate "less is more", but really like "overkill"!
31.gif
Different strokes for different folks and all that....
1.gif

Girlrocks, your 3-stone vote is definitely an option!

Thanks Phoenix...yep, I''m scared of the halo now and I''ve got a beautiful sapphire with a halo, so it''s not a must for me anymore. I like that Tacori setting, but I''m thinking more simple now....I do like the 3-stone with pears and also with tapered baguettes. I think I need to sleep on it a few more days. Have fun with your upgrade...I''ll be anxious to see what you end up with too!
36.gif

Thanks Vespergirl...Leon''s work is beautiful and that style is surely in the running! I''m a little scared of all the pave right now too though; I''m afraid the white of the pave really sets off the color in my stone. **sigh**

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
OMG are you POSITIVE you don''t like it as a solitaire?!?! If I ever (which I won,t
7.gif
) had in my possesion a stone like that, I would want her and her only as the star of my finger show!!! Personally I would get a few eternity bands to either sandwich her or stack with her. Nice blingy ones, maybe with different cuts of diamonds, or some pink, blue, or yellow fancies, but nothing so big it steals her thunder. I probably didn''t help much, sorry! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the way it looked as a solitaire.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results