shape
carat
color
clarity

Let me know what you think!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EmilyWilliams88

Rough_Rock
I''m finally getting to build my dream engagement ring as my upgrade. The gold is from my wedding bands, melted and recast. The white diamonds are also from my wedding bands. The center stone is a 1.08 F-VVS1 Pear shaped diamond. My question lies in the blue-green diamonds. The setting for my ring is a little bigger than my diamond, so I thought i could line the pear with the teal diamonds. It''s my favorite color, and my husband''s birthstone is a green color. I''m very into modern and customized jewelry. Any thoughts?

emilysringnotonhand.JPG

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/10/2008 11:19:49 AM
Author:EmilyWilliams88
I''m finally getting to build my dream engagement ring as my upgrade. The gold is from my wedding bands, melted and recast. The white diamonds are also from my wedding bands. The center stone is a 1.08 F-VVS1 Pear shaped diamond. My question lies in the blue-green diamonds. The setting for my ring is a little bigger than my diamond, so I thought i could line the pear with the teal diamonds. It''s my favorite color, and my husband''s birthstone is a green color. I''m very into modern and customized jewelry. Any thoughts?

Emily, that''s a killer mounting, but I don''t understand where you''d put the teal diamonds. Could you explain in more detail?
Also, how much of a difference is there in the size of your diamond and the opening in your mounting?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and love the sentimental meaning!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! What a neat and sentimental idea-mine is very similar, actually.
I have a blue diamond center stone (it''s my fav. color, and it matches perfectly to my husband''s eyes!), and everyone raves about my ring when they see it, especially because it''s placed between two white trillions. The color combo is fantastic!

I say go for it. I''m sure you''ll love it. If you love modern and customized jewelry, you should check out Charles Koll, too. My husband designed my engagement ring there, and I always loved stopping in and checking out their newest stuff!
30.gif

EmilyWilliams88

Rough_Rock
The teal diamonds will be placed something like this with my pear in the middle. I don''t know how to photoshop the diamond in. But, this is what''s in my head. My jeweler is going to figure out how to mount the teal diamonds after my mounting comes in. I really hope she can work it out. She is even talking about making a whole new basket for the pear with the teal attached to that that can be set into the mounting. I am determined to make this work.

tealdiamondsonmountingonemily.jpg

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
23.gif

It is going to look AMAZING! I can''t wait to see it... What a FABULOUS design!!!
36.gif
36.gif

EmilyWilliams88

Rough_Rock
I know what you mean---I am DYING to see it. I can''t believe it''s actually going to be mine. Arrggg... I am sooooo not a patient woman.

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
i love the color combo! and i think it''s a great way to make a fantastic ring even more fabulous! can''t wait to see more pics!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/10/2008 3:59:58 PM
Author: EmilyWilliams88
The teal diamonds will be placed something like this with my pear in the middle. I don''t know how to photoshop the diamond in. But, this is what''s in my head. My jeweler is going to figure out how to mount the teal diamonds after my mounting comes in. I really hope she can work it out. She is even talking about making a whole new basket for the pear with the teal attached to that that can be set into the mounting. I am determined to make this work.
Now I get it! Duh! I''m laughing at myself. Well, as long as diamond doesn''t touch diamond, you''ll be OK.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I''ve never even seen teal diamonds before! Very cool.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
I'm kinda confused... why was the setting made too small for your diamond? If it's custom why didn't the make it the right size? I think it will be perfect how it is... but it's all down to you!
I think it's just gorgeous! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 7:51:32 PM
Author: LuckyTexan
I''m kinda confused... why was the setting made too small for your diamond? If it''s custom why didn''t the make it the right size? I think it will be perfect how it is... but it''s all down to you!
I think it''s just gorgeous! I can''t wait to see the finished product!
It sounds like the mounting was bought on it''s own, and her jeweler is making modifications to the ring. I may be mistaken, but that''s what I got out of the posts.

EmilyWilliams88

Rough_Rock
We have several engagement ring quality diamonds in the safe deposit box-courtesy of a very generous grandmother of mine. I ended up picking the smaller of the two pear shapes we have because it looks better on my finger. My fingers are a 5 and looonnnngggg. So the 2ct just didn't look right. Plus, the quality of it isn't nearly what my 1.08 is--the 1.08 is almost perfect. In the end, it was a choice of quality over quantity. I figured the semi-mount was going to be big enough without needing to make it all look fake. But when I had the mounting made, I was all about the bigger diamond.

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
That is a rocking mounting! It is soooo hot!!!! I am lusting after a pear shaped stone now! Ohh and that setting

EmilyWilliams88

Rough_Rock
Awwwwww! Thank you so much. I''m pretty darn excited about it myself. Not bad for our first anniversary gift.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that it is beautiful as is, but will look spectacular with the teal diamonds! Please post shots when it is finished...I would love to see it!

EmilyWilliams88

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for the kind comments and positive reinforcement. I posted this topic because I was really unsure about how other people would react to it. I wasn''t sure if other people would like it as much as I do, or if they would think it looked cheap and fake.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 11:05:52 PM
Author: EmilyWilliams88
Thank you all so much for the kind comments and positive reinforcement. I posted this topic because I was really unsure about how other people would react to it. I wasn''t sure if other people would like it as much as I do, or if they would think it looked cheap and fake.
It won''t look cheap and fake, ''cause it will be expensive and REAL (REAL GORGEOUS, HONEY!)
2.gif

Beaglemom

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I just love that mounting! Be sure and come back with pictures when it''s done.

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
I think it''s going to be fabulous. You say you aren''t a patient woman but try your best and make sure you get exactly what you envisioned.

Now we all have to be patient and wait for the hand pics.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results