shape
carat
color
clarity

Lesson Learned: Don't Be Afraid of M Colored Diamonds

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been wanting a smallish diamond pendant for awhile now. I fell in love with the HOF Fullfillment pendant but just didn't want to pay that much. :lol: One day when I was looking through David's DBL site I noticed he was offering a floating diamond halo pendant for a great price. Similar to the HOF and the chain is adjustable from 16 to 18 inches. The catch........the center diamond is a .59ct M VS2. Granted, it has strong blue florescence and a pretty good cut but, yeah, it's an M. Also it's an M that has a halo of F-G diamonds. Yikes, that has got to make that M color really stand out more right? So I told myself no. Even my husband was like.........babe, it's an M, I don't think you want an M. But there was something that kept calling me back. David assured me that it didn't show much color, so even though I was really afraid of what I was going to see I took the plunge. All I can say is thank goodness I did! I know I'm old with old eyes but I really can't see much color at all and I don't think anyone else will be able to either. All I see is gorgeous sparkle. It's a dreary day here so no sunlight but I had it outside and indoors and it looks white to me in both lights. So lesson learned: Good cut + strong blue flourescence = give it a chance.

cmsmdiamondpendant2.jpg

cmsmdiamondpendant5.jpg

cmsmdiamondpendant3.jpg

cmsmdiamondpendant6.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, Michelle, your new pendant is beautiful!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Haven, bright ice, SecondTimeAround and armywife13! I think it's beautiful too. Now I notice that no one has said "I can't believe that's an M." So apparently it is my tired old eyes not seeing much color. I guess being old has it's advantages in some instances! :lol:

I've added some neck shots, one at 16 inches and one at 18 inches. I like that I can adjust the length.

cmsmdiamondpendant.jpg

cmsmdiamondpendant8.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHOA!!! That is GORGEOUS!! I think the lengths on you are both perfect, and I love the halo setting... and --- really? its an M?! Holy cow - set very well that my equally as old eyes are not picking up any yellow - great purchase Catmom!!! Looks amazing on you :appl:

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely pendant! It doesn't show as any different in color than the rest of the diamonds. Awesome find. :appl:

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
uuuum- apparently we sent a D color by accident

KIDDING!!!! :wavey:

Lovely shots Catmom!!!

Thank you for sharing.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful! :love: Nobody in real life would guess it is an M. Even with the halo and zooming in on the photos, it is hard to tell. I have to laugh at your heading since there is a guy over in RT asking about an F vs. G because he is concerned the G will look yellow. :rolleyes:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!!!!!!!! :love:

Enjoy your beautiful pendant Catmom!

Cachette :))

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Love the design, and there's no way I would I would have known it was an M.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Your new pendant is simply stunning. It looks perfect on you. I personally love the look of warmer diamonds. They have that wonderful antique lace or candlelight look. My RHR is an M color in a halo setting. It has a beautiful vintage look. Please post more photos and a close up of the mounting if possible. Enjoy you new bling. :love: :love: :appl: :appl:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys!! :bigsmile:

LOL David, I wish you had sent a "D"!

Farleysmom, here is a bad shot of the side. I'm hoping the sun will come out tomorrow and I can get some shots that show the strong blue flourescence.

cmsmdiamondpendant7.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your new pendant Michelle! So beautiful! Wear in health and happiness!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous!! I don't see any tint at all--crazy! Maybe DBL really did send a D color. :lol:

Enjoy your beautiful new pendant!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
WOW how lovely !!!
I love a pretty pendant, and that one's a keeper !!!
BEAUTIFUL !!!! :love: :love: :love:

no noticing color discrepancy here, either !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Your pendant is absolutely gorgeous!!!! It looks sooo pretty on you. I know you have quite a collection and if you are not seeing much color in a M, I'm sure I won't. Now I'm off to see the DBL website.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pendant!! :love:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pendant! The first thing I thought was, that's an M?? Don't see the color in your pics. Congratulations. :love: :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow Michelle--it's gorgeous! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
That looks faboo!!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It in no way looks anything that I would think an M would look like - I can't tell much from the picture from the side in terms of color and maybe it shows up there. However, who really cares what shows on the side of a pendant? Maybe it's helped by the fluro or maybe it's helped by the cut but straight on it looks very white and sparkly!

Thanks for sharing this with us and congrats on a lovely new sparkly! I can see why you are so glad you took a chance on this pendant!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful!! people often think my K pendant is colorless, so just goes to show that sometimes those nuances don't show up to the average viewer! i can't even see a color difference in those photos. wear it in good health!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's an M?! Dude!!! I can't see any colour in the pics at all!!!!!!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results