shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege, Steven Kirsch, & Ravens Refuge!

cdander2

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share our rings with you.

Let's start with my wifes:

Engagement Ring: made by LM with 2.03ct RB J SI1 - size 3 7/8 - 1.8mm shank
Wedding Band: made by SK - size 3 7/8 - 1.8mm shank but with slightly larger diamonds than the ER

We both could not be happier with both LM and SK. With both, we had great service, great communication, and a fantastic finished product. I had initally planned to go with Leon for the wedding band but when contacting him about it he wanted to go a different route. When I explained what I wanted I got a slow response with a quote that I felt was high. I cannot say enough great things about the ER process with him but looked to SK for the wedding band. SK had promt communication with me in regards to the wedding band and was interested in what I wanted and seemed excited to help me...and was just around 18% lower priced! Now that all is said and done, we have no regrets!

My band:

So, I have to start with the background. A couple of weeks before my grandmother passed away she gave me my grandfathers wedding band. It was a honker...14k yellow gold with a big diamond cluster in the middle. I knew I did not want to wear this as my wedding band but I wanted to somehow incorporate this wonderful gift...in came Ravens Refuge (found him on Etsy).

After some discussion about the project, I sent my grandfathers ring to Ravens Refuge. We planned to take the diamond cluster out and melt down the yellow gold.

We took the melted down yellow gold and that created the inner 1/4 of my band. The outer part of my band is 3/4 platinum. It is such a personal piece for me and couldn't be happier with the service and care that Ravens Refuge provided. I couldn't ask for anything better! If there are any women out there looking for a wedding band for their future husbands, I highly recommend taking a look at Ravens Refuge.

Thanks for taking a look!

_9927.jpg

_9928.jpg

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! More photos! :appl:

But, I do want to say what a creative way to incorporate your grandfather's ring. I remember someone on here did something similar and had Mark Morrell create a band that sort of encased his dad's ring since it was too big for him. What did you wind up doing with the cluster?

From what I can see, all the work looks terrific!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It all sounds amazing, but the photos are a bit too small to see!! Come back with more please!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love how you reused/ recycled your grandfathers band to wear with your own. How special is that!

And gorgeous other rings! I 3rd, 4th??? for more pictures!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
All the rings are beautiful, but I'm blown away by the creative solution that was found to incorporate your grandfather's gold into the platinum ring! And this way, he's always close to you since his part of the ring is touching your finger. :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Yes more pictures!!! How sweet that you were able to reuse your grandfather's ring. The sentimental projects are the best. What did you end up doing with the diamond cluster from your grandfather's ring?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so special that you could use your grandfathers ring! I love the set. Beautiful rings and clearly made with care and great craftmanship.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results