shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege art deco-esque ring with EC tsavorite + trapezoids

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
The ring has finally arrived after a brief mishap with fedex trying to deliver it to the wrong address this morning (Leon did give them the correct address). Fortunately, no one was home at that address.

Stats:
Size 4 7/8
2.73 ct EC tsavorite from Swala
trapezoids - 0.39 ctw, G VS1
RBs ?? (Leon was inspired to add them)

I asked Leon to make a replica of my grandmother''s ring and sent him the photo below. When I requested the quote, I let him know that as long as the ring was beautiful, the timing did not matter and that I would be happy if the ring was shipped in a plastic ziploc baggie or whatever he had on hand.
9.gif

Leon looked at the photos of my grandmother''s ring and said he would like to make a more refined version. Her ring had an airspace between the milgrain for each of the side diamonds - he felt this feature had been included to make the diamonds look larger but that the airspace might be a little excessive. I told him to do whatever he thought would look best. He also thought that a pair of round RBs would complement the design well, so added those with some milgraining. The original ring has an approx. 3.5 ct synthetic EC ruby center and 2 side RBs that are each approx. 2 points. Her ring has very rounded stepped shanks and a lot of metal. Leon opened the gallery up on mine under the tsavorite and trapezoids to let some light in, but also included two steps in the shank after the traps.

I am typically a micromanager, but after reading Traveling Gal''s experience I decided to take a page from her book and trust in Leon''s vision and expertise. Leon called me several times to check on details - he was very solicitous and I never felt rushed. I''d occasionally e-mail Rachael with questions - she is very nice and was always attentive. It was a little nerve-wracking not seeing any photos of the work in progress, but I could not be happier with the final product.

First up are the photos I sent Leon:

hjm_ering_collage.jpg

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
The ring arrived in a lovely red leather box with a black velvety interior - here is what I found inside:

LM_tsavH_01.jpg

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
On my finger - the stone is brighter than in this shot, but I had a hard time taking pictures of the ring.

LM_tsavH_001.jpg

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
With it''s inspiration - Leon is going to name the ring Helen after my grandmother when he adds it to his catalog. That makes it even more special for me - she died when I was 12. As an adult, I''ve always loved wearing her ring and remembering how she would dress me up and do my makeup when I was little.

LM_t_r_comp_front.jpg

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
The requisite flower shot - all of my flowers are out of bloom except one verbena plant and a camellia with scraggly red flowers.

LM_tsav_flwr_s2.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, that ring is PERFECTION.

I don't care what anyone says about him...in my mind, he really and thoroughly understands how to design jewelry when left his own devices. I am in LURVE, and what a lovely lovely tribute to your grandma!!

ETA, I love the addition of the RBs on your ring...it also ties into your grandma's ring so well.
30.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh WOW--stunner!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

cheers--Sharon

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what an incredible Beauty
30.gif
and I love the step down effect of the metal on the profile view
36.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
STUNNING!!!! More photos please
9.gif
9.gif

Also, EEK at FedEx for almost giving your ring to someone else!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome :) beautiful story - congrats!

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Laila, Canuk gal, Dia diva Thank you!
9.gif

Traveling Gal I couldn''t be happier -- I agree that the addition of the RBs really tied it to my grandma''s design. Leon is definitely a master of his craft.

D&T Thank you - I really like how Leon did the steps :)

MTG Thanks!! More photos will be attempted
2.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh, that''s an incredible ring!!! I also love the sentimental value with having a reproduction of your grandmother''s ring. Congratulations!

stacy

Shiny_Rock
WOW -- that is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you used your grandmother''s ring for inspiration, yet the ring is still very much your own.

It''s soooooo stunning, and I know you will have a blast wearing it!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely tribute to your grandmother. Oh, and the ring is stunning. Congratulations!
36.gif

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
Holy cow, your ring is simply stunning! Everything about it is lovely and the profile is beautiful. I love how the design echoes your grandmother''s ring and yet is so now at the same time. Enjoy wearing it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations...it turned out beautiful!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful
1.gif

The combination of colours is gorgeous
1.gif

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Cehra, Hest88, stacy, kelli, motownmama, sparkly OEC, swingirl, tyty333, yssie I appreciate all of your kind words and compliments
1.gif
I really like that the ring is similar to my grandmother''s but different enough in design that it won''t look like I always wear the same ring with just a different center stone.

pierrone Thank you - I love your sapphire ring, by the way. It is in my inspiration folder :)

MTG On my way to CS...

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow!! Absolutely breathtaking, what a masterpiece!!
30.gif
30.gif
And such lovely sentiment behind it. Congratulations!!
36.gif
36.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tsavvy he''s really interpreted your Grandmother''s ring hasn''t he? It''s lovely and whilst modern does retain an air of antiquity. Really wonderful. Lucky you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results