carat
color
clarity

#TBT L is for so in LOVE with my

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1360467202|3376481 said:
The band is perfect! Delicate and artful.

Thank you Rosebloom!

hippi_pixi said:
yummy yummy yummy!!! the band is fantastic and its a great pairing :):):)

Thanks hippi!

mrs jam said:
What a perfect pair! That band was simply meant to be. I am loving this thread!

Thank you mrs jam!

I actually went into 2 B&M stores in my neighborhood today as we were just strolling around on this beautiful day and I wanted to try on some more bands with my ring. In the first store the owner (where I have bought jewelry before so she knows me) noticed right away I got a new ring (before I even asked to see some bands- we just walked in and started looking around and she said hey, did you upgrade LOL) and she loved it.

In the second store the owner (who I don't know) kept saying how much he really liked my ring! He louped it and everything lol. And then I showed him my ebay vintage band and he checked that out too and said it was the real deal.

I did realize from trying on bands today that I cannot do a modern diamond band with my ER-it just doesn't look right. So now (just for a blingier option when I am in the mood) I am going to see if I can find any single cut diamond vintage bands. So far there is nothing on ebay that fits my criteria (and finger) but I'm in no rush because I have the ebay plat band that I just got that will be my main band anyway. I really love this band with my ER.

OK, I know I said no more pics but when we got home my ring just shot out so much pretty blue that I couldn't help taking a few pics. Hope you guys don't mind... :cheeky:

soblue.jpg

blurryblue.jpg

blueagain.jpg

lovetheprofile.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That profile shot gives me shivers! I love it!!!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
drop dead gorgeous!! wow, what an incredible stone.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Damnit Missy, don't you know I have a scorching case of DSS, and this beautiful huge old cut solitaire of incredibleness is not helping! :love:

Thank you for all the pictures and the back story. I'm so happy for you to have such a meaningful ring, especially with all you've been through lately.

I love the picture with your cute husband all dressed up like he's proposing. So sweet!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Could I be a wee piggy and ask for some more pictures of your beautiful Bea with your eternity band? I know it's not the look you are going for (your new thin band is lovely with it), but there is something about a big solitaire with a big eternity band that sends me to my happy place.
Thanks!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new band was *made* for your ring. The makers may not have known it at the time but they were absolutely meant for each other!!!
:love: :love: :love:

I sorta know what you mean about multiple bands - I don't usually like to wear more than one with my Ering - but... Bea isn't shy, she's not going to be overshadowed by multiple bands, and you have such long delicate fingers - you certainly have the real-estate for another band or two :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1360547567|3377104 said:
That profile shot gives me shivers! I love it!!!

Thank you Rosebloom-the profile shots are my favorite. I totally get what you mean. :lickout:

bebe said:
drop dead gorgeous!! wow, what an incredible stone.

Thanks bebe!

JaneSmith said:
Damnit Missy, don't you know I have a scorching case of DSS, and this beautiful huge old cut solitaire of incredibleness is not helping! :love:

Thank you for all the pictures and the back story. I'm so happy for you to have such a meaningful ring, especially with all you've been through lately.

I love the picture with your cute husband all dressed up like he's proposing. So sweet!

Thanks Jane! My dh did *not* want to be in the pics here but I asked ever so sweetly lol. He was sick and he also doesn't care to have his pic on an internet forum...imagine that haha. Anyway, I just wanted him here because he made this all possible. :love:

JaneSmith said:
Could I be a wee piggy and ask for some more pictures of your beautiful Bea with your eternity band? I know it's not the look you are going for (your new thin band is lovely with it), but there is something about a big solitaire with a big eternity band that sends me to my happy place.
Thanks!

Are you sure? LOL, aren't you tired of all my pictures? I am happy to oblige your request ofc as this is PS and this is SMTB so I am off to take pics. The proportions truly do not work with my original WB though but since you want to see some more....

forjane.jpg

forjane.jpeg

proportionsoff.jpg

originalwbalone.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1360560182|3377268 said:
Your new band was *made* for your ring. The makers may not have known it at the time but they were absolutely meant for each other!!!

I sorta know what you mean about multiple bands - I don't usually like to wear more than one with my Ering - but... Bea isn't shy, she's not going to be overshadowed by multiple bands, and you have such long delicate fingers - you certainly have the real-estate for another band or two :bigsmile:

Thank you Yssie-I think they are a perfect complement to one another too.
I didn't mean I would wear multiple bands with my ER though- I don't care for that look with my ring. I know Bea can hold her own but I don't think she needs all that company. The most I would do with her is one band. I meant that I would wear the vintage plat band most of the time but sometimes dress her up with a more blingy band instead of the simple band. However, not sure I will be able to find a blingy band that will suit her and in that case I am fine with this simple band. For once in my jewelry obsessed life I am actually satiated and long for no other ER. No other cut, color, size etc. I am at peace (at least where my ER is concerned LOL).

Btw, your new diamond bracelet is TDF!!!! Love it!!! :love:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1360592166|3377433 said:

I didn't mean I would wear multiple bands with my ER though- I don't care for that look with my ring. I know Bea can hold her own but I don't think she needs all that company. The most I would do with her is one band. I meant that I would wear the vintage plat band most of the time but sometimes dress her up with a more blingy band instead of the simple band. However, not sure I will be able to find a blingy band that will suit her and in that case I am fine with this simple band. For once in my jewelry obsessed life I am actually satiated and long for no other ER. No other cut, color, size etc. I am at peace (at least where my ER is concerned LOL).

Ohhh I misread!! Well you DO have the finger real estate if you ever want to stack more than one :sun: but I confess I do like it with just one band best, the simple classic Solitaire + Wedding Band look. "Simple" being something of an understatement in this case perhaps :bigsmile:

I like the plain band. A lot. I think it's the PERFECT complement to your ring, and I think it shines in a subtle way... A blingy band with single cuts like you mentioned earlier would be really pretty too, especially if you do go with single cuts, but solitaires and plain band combos have a special place in my heart so I'm really glad to hear that the blinger would be in addition to and occasionally in place of ::)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1360619044|3377789 said:
missy|1360592166|3377433 said:

Ohhh I misread!! Well you DO have the finger real estate if you ever want to stack more than one :sun: but I confess I do like it with just one band best, the simple classic Solitaire + Wedding Band look. "Simple" being something of an understatement in this case perhaps :bigsmile:

I like the plain band. A lot. I think it's the PERFECT complement to your ring, and I think it shines in a subtle way... A blingy band with single cuts like you mentioned earlier would be really pretty too, especially if you do go with single cuts, but solitaires and plain band combos have a special place in my heart so I'm really glad to hear that the blinger would be in addition to and occasionally in place of ::)

Thanks Yssie-I finally found the perfect single cut band to complement my OEC. I really like the way they look together. As much as the simple engraved plat band so now I guess I have a real dilemma as to which to wear lol. At first I was planning to wear the single cut band less often than the simple band but now, that I found this one, I am liking it as much if not more! I would love to hear what PSers think so I am afraid I am posting yet more pics. Hope that's OK! :cheeky: :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this today at my favorite jewelry store in Lambertville (Park Place Jewelry) and they had just gotten it in-meant to be. The only problem is that it was a bit too big but I got that taken care of with some plat sizing beads...voila!

First up some pics of the band with my ER and then I will post a pic or 2 of the sizing beads. I never had them before. They are so comfortable!

closeupsinglecutwithoec.jpeg

singlecutbandwithoecer.jpg

singlecutbandandoec.jpg

profilesinglecutwithoec.jpeg

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
Perfection! :appl: I love how the shank and band are different, yet they compliment each other so well. Just beautiful :love: :love: :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The beads don't look comfortable but I promise you they are. I wore it all day today and I didn't even feel them. And it kept the ring totally in place. No spinning, no movement, no discomfort. I love sizing beads!

Thanks Classy!!

closeupofplatsizingbeads.jpg

undersideviewofhowbeadswork.jpg

singlecutpretty.jpg

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
i'm speechless. your ring is beyond. love the latest band with it. wow.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I've looked at your pictures many times and I'm struck by how dainty your ring looks. I don't know if it's the setting or the lovely old nature of the diamond that influences this or if it's just one of those mysteries and part of the unpredictability and charm that goes into creating such a piece. It goes against what you might think the result would be and it turns into something even better. The daintiness and beauty of this ring seems to embody something essential about you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sapphirering|1361066675|3382043 said:
i'm speechless. your ring is beyond. love the latest band with it. wow.

Thank you sapphirering!

Polished said:
I've looked at your pictures many times and I'm struck by how dainty your ring looks. I don't know if it's the setting or the lovely old nature of the diamond that influences this or if it's just one of those mysteries and part of the unpredictability and charm that goes into creating such a piece. It goes against what you might think the result would be and it turns into something even better. The daintiness and beauty of this ring seems to embody something essential about you.

Aww, that is so sweet of you to say. Thank you!

I made a booboo btw :oops: The ring is not made up of single cuts according to Toni (from Park Place) but swiss cuts! She told me that when I saw this ring in their collection and tried it on and I asked her if they were single cuts and she replied-no, better than single cuts-they're swiss cuts! LOL I forgot to ask her what that meant as they were incredibly busy when we were there and by the time things slowed down I had forgotten already. :loopy: Just another sign of aging when you cannot remember what happened 30 minutes before haha. I just remembered this a few moments ago and had to correct myself here. I am too sleepy to do a swiss cut search but will tomorrow. Suffice it to say I am pleased with the band whatever cut it is and that is the main thing.:lickout: Thanks for looking!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry I missed the latest addition --- LOVE that new band!! Wow!! I can't wait to come and play with all your toys!! Hurry up April and let me play in Missy's Jewelry Drawer!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1361075161|3382124 said:
Sorry I missed the latest addition --- LOVE that new band!! Wow!! I can't wait to come and play with all your toys!! Hurry up April and let me play in Missy's Jewelry Drawer!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks- the new band is a perfect addition I must say. Looks like it really belongs with the OEC ER. But so does the other band. I love choices!

I am looking forward to your visit Enerchi!!! Hurry up April!!! And I hope the showers stay away or we just might have to spend the day jewelry shopping and our dhs can entertain themselves lol. :cheeky:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I think I like this new band even more!! Definitely meant to be!

petpaws10

Rough_Rock
Hi, I have been a lurker on PS for a number of months but I just had to join when I came across your engagement ring so I could post. It is the most beautiful OEC I have ever seen and I love your setting. It's perfect.

I can see why you are so in love with your ring. Your OEC is stunning. Such a well cut old cut!! Your diamond has amazing scintillation and faceting. It is so full of life and a true masterpiece. I have seen many beauties on PS but yours takes my breath away. Stunning. Thank you for posting so many great pictures.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1361210969|3383198 said:
Okay, I think I like this new band even more!! Definitely meant to be!

Thank you Laila! I am finding that I wear the engraved band to work and the swiss cut diamond band the rest of the time. I really love both bands equally now that I have had the chance to wear them both quite a bit. Very comfy and they go very well with my ERing.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
petpaws10|1362078773|3392802 said:
Hi, I have been a lurker on PS for a number of months but I just had to join when I came across your engagement ring so I could post. It is the most beautiful OEC I have ever seen and I love your setting. It's perfect.

I can see why you are so in love with your ring. Your OEC is stunning. Such a well cut old cut!! Your diamond has amazing scintillation and faceting. It is so full of life and a true masterpiece. I have seen many beauties on PS but yours takes my breath away. Stunning. Thank you for posting so many great pictures.

Aww, thank you petpaws! What a very lovely thing to say. I appreciate that and hope you will post a bit more though whatever makes you comfortable is good. Thanks for delurking to post in my thread! :))

D

Deactivated member 42515

I come back to this thread and I know I'm gonna see your honker OEC but I'm still in awe with your ring like its the first time I'm seeing it!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1362152169|3393588 said:
I come back to this thread and I know I'm gonna see your honker OEC but I'm still in awe with your ring like its the first time I'm seeing it!!!

You are so sweet YT- I hope one day we can see each other's beauties in person! I am a big fan of your gorgeous ring as well and would love to see it up close and personal one day!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

missy said:

You are so sweet YT- I hope one day we can see each other's beauties in person! I am a big fan of your gorgeous ring as well and would love to see it up close and personal one day!!
Shall you be gracing us with your presence in Vegas?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1362154483|3393649 said:
missy said:

Sadly no. :(( It didn't work out schedule wise. Maybe next year. You guys are going to have such an awesome time!! Please take lots of pics for me and others who cannot make it so we can enjoy vicariously!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Hot DOG!!!! Missy!!! How in the world did I miss this thread?!? Your ring is stunning and I'm so loving the finger coverage and chunky facets!! How sweet is your DH! Your pictures are so cute! I love your new ring with the pave band :love:

D

Deactivated member 42515

missy said:
missy said:

Sadly no. :(( It didn't work out schedule wise. Maybe next year. You guys are going to have such an awesome time!! Please take lots of pics for me and others who cannot make it so we can enjoy vicariously!
Awwwww, that's too bad!

I know! You can send me the ring! I will even pay for shipping! I can't promise I'll send it back.... But I promise to pay shipping! You have my word!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1362183307|3394139 said:
missy said:
missy said:

Awwwww, that's too bad!

I know! You can send me the ring! I will even pay for shipping! I can't promise I'll send it back.... But I promise to pay shipping! You have my word!

Haha- you are too funny YT! :D Your posts are always cracking me up (in a good way!) and I really wish we were meeting in person at the Vegas GTG. I'll tell you what- I'll send you mine and you send me yours. You first. :cheeky:
I promise I'll get it back to you in time for the Vegas GTG :bigsmile:.

(I had posted a video of my ring this morning right after you posted the first time but now I know for sure it is against PS rules as Ella emailed me telling me so and removed that post).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results