shape
carat
color
clarity

Kate Middleton's Links of London Effervescence Earrings

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
I bought these Links of London earrings with some Christmas money duty-free at the airport, so I got about 15% off. I saw them on Kate Middleton and thought they were pretty. They are silver and iolite, which is a blueish-lavender stone that I think is gorgeous. Another name for it is water sapphire. (I could get quite into lesser-known but beautiful stones such as this - and kunzite, for example.) The earrings were 125 pounds, reduced to 104 pounds. They are longer and more obvious than I'd usually wear, which makes a nice change for me. I think the elegant Kate is a good person from whom to take style tips! I would not have thought of these long earrings had I not seen her rocking them in photos!

Also included a random shot of my DeBeers necklace since I had my camera out and managed to get a close-up shot!

GEDC0350.JPG

GEDC0351.JPG

GEDC0361.JPG

GEDC0374.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!!! I love seeing everything Kate wears. She has a beautiful sense of style for her position.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Fellow L of L admirer....

cheers--Shaorn

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Thanks DS2006!

Canuk: What is your opinion about the Links Hope Egg earrings in white topaz? I've seen them on Kate loads, and I'm tempted, but not sure how good they look in real life. Have you seen them?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smith1940|1329267865|3126400 said:
Thanks DS2006!

Canuk: What is your opinion about the Links Hope Egg earrings in white topaz? I've seen them on Kate loads, and I'm tempted, but not sure how good they look in real life. Have you seen them?
HI:

Hmmm, no. I was very near their department (in Holt Renfrew) on Sat; but did not stop. May I give you an opinion next time I stop in? Besides Kate M ( :bigsmile: ;)) ) what attracted you to the earrings?

cheers--Sharon

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Well, I only saw them because she wore them. There's no Links near where I live. But they are swingy drops, which I like, and they are drops which have an actual catch. I've lost some of the type that just hook into your ear, so now I don't buy those. I know you can get those little plastic backs, but it's not a perfect answer. I like drops that swing around freely yet are anchored to your ear by design. I find it a very feminine look and there have been too few swingy drop earrings in my life! As much as I love my diamond teardrop earrings, they don't swing - they are attached to the front of the earring, so are solid.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smith1940|1329268574|3126406 said:
Well, I only saw them because she wore them. There's no Links near where I live. But they are swingy drops, which I like, and they are drops which have an actual catch. I've lost some of the type that just hook into your ear, so now I don't buy those. I know you can get those little plastic backs, but it's not a perfect answer. I like drops that swing around freely yet are anchored to your ear by design. I find it a very feminine look and there have been too few swingy drop earrings in my life! As much as I love my diamond teardrop earrings, they don't swing - they are attached to the front of the earring, so are solid.

HI:

I understand what you are saying. I prefer earrings that articulate, also. As of late, I've had earrings custom made that have hooks that are curved so they do not come off when your clothing does. I like hooks b/c of ease of use, so there is a way to design them that they are functional was well asthetically appealing, and safe! (there might even be a picture in CS that show my rubellite earrings)

cheers--Sharon

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
I prefer to use the scientific term "swingy drops" :lol:

I don't think I'll ever trust hooks - lost a couple of nice ones that way ;(

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!

Gammygam, I believe they're still available on the Links of London website...and there's also a matching bracelet AND a matching necklace :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results