shape
carat
color
clarity

jewelry to symbolize your children?

eelover

Rough_Rock
Has anyone made jewelry to symbolize your children?
I'm thinking about resetting my princess trillion side stone e ring to get rid of the trillions, (maybe add a halo?) I also have a princess channel w ring.
I have 2 boys and 1 girl now. I'm thinking about ways incorporate something to these rings to symbolize my children.

Ideas? Thanks.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not have any jewelry to symbolize my kids, however I hope to reset my rings in the next couple of years, hopefully for my 30th wedding anniversay and I will be adding 2 small blue diamonds to represent both my boys, my oldest son's b-day is in Dec and the youngest in April, hence the blue diamonds and boys! It took me a really long time to figure out what I wanted to do, now all I need is the money to do it lol.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
My wedding band has three identical diamonds which symbolise our three daughters.

107.JPG

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I don't have anything yet, but sometime in the future I plan on having a four-stone ring made in honor of our four kids. It will probably be old european cut stones of equal size.

Your princess ering that you are interested in haloing, would that be part of the ring to symbolize your kids? Or would you take the stones from your channel set ring? Are the stones from both rings the same size? If you post a picture of the rings, that might help people to suggest some ideas?

eelover

Rough_Rock
Here are my rings.

Can the channel set be opened up to add a few more stones? I'm sure anything is possible, but would it be technically difficult and expensive. If it is NOT too difficult/expensive, what do you think about inserting 2 small sapphires and 1 small ruby, spaced across the diamonds.

Would a princess center stone look funny in a Halo?

Does anyone have experience trading in a stone?

DSC05926.JPG

DSC05927.JPG

DSC05928.JPG

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I am planning a RHR to symbolize my sons. Center stone Tsavorite garnet (both have january birthdays) with diamond 1/2 moon sides. Both their names begin with D and the 1/2 moons look like the letter D. Hope to have this ring done sometime next year.

I love the idea of having a gorgeous piece of jewelry made to pay tribute to the loves of my life! Of course Hubby is near and dear too!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't have anything to represent my children, per se, but after my 1st son was born (July baby) I did purchase a ruby/diamond 1/2 eternity band and still occassionally wear it, but that was the only 'child' based item I had - and he'll be 24 this July!

I love your idea of adding 2 sapphires and a ruby to your wedding band - that sounds so wonderful! it keeps it in the WB from your DH and adds your children as well - a real 'family ring' so to speak! Very touching idea :praise:

Woofmama - what a great idea you have for the "D" representation of both sons - :appl:

steelmagnolia

Rough_Rock
I've not had anything specifically made, but my last wedding set has both bands that have 5 oval diamonds and was one of the reasons I got it: to symbolize our five children. I get new wedding sets about every 5 yrs or so and try to make the bands symbolic. My first one looks like the infinity symbol to resemble our love. The second set has the 5 stones for the kids. The third set has the stone set in a Tiffany repro: classic and enduring, it stands the test of time, like we have so far. I don't necessarily get things that are for the kids outright, but that have meaning to pass along to them someday.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do. I have a RG band with pink sapphires to represent my daughter. It has her name and birthdate engraved and someday I will give it to her.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi said:
Woofmama - what a great idea you have for the "D" representation of both sons - :appl:

Thanks Enerchi! My guys are older,20 & 13, and there was no such thing as a push present when I had them. I got a pat on the back, roses and maybe a little help with housework for a week. Whoever in the jewelry trade came up with the push present idea was a marketing genius and I'm thinking most likely a woman. I have hearby declared that all of us older moms deserve fabulous RHR's to commemorate having given birth many years ago with very little fanfare. I fully expect to get gorgeous Grandma rings as well when I am blessed with grandchildren in a few years :cheeky:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
The pieces I have are probably not what you are looking for but I thought I would throw them out there.
I have jewelry to sybolize my 2 kids (a boy and a girl). I don't care for their birthstones so for my son I got a diamond eternity band in yellow gold (so it will specifically not match my ering but stand out). Then for my daughter I got a white gold double halo with a FLY center stone that I wear with my yellow gold eternity band.

Another thing I do is when DH and I first started to date he got me a Tiffany charm bracelet. Each mother's day my husband and children present me with a new charm to put on the bracelet. The charms usually symbolize something special we did that year as a family. Because they clip on and off sometimes I will take charms off and wear them on a necklace or attach to something else. I like to be versatile.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
woofmama|1338781414|3208655 said:
Enerchi said:

Thanks Enerchi! My guys are older,20 & 13, and there was no such thing as a push present when I had them. I got a pat on the back, roses and maybe a little help with housework for a week. Whoever in the jewelry trade came up with the push present idea was a marketing genius and I'm thinking most likely a woman. I have hearby declared that all of us older moms deserve fabulous RHR's to commemorate having given birth many years ago with very little fanfare. I fully expect to get gorgeous Grandma rings as well when I am blessed with grandchildren in a few years :cheeky:

YOU ARE MY IDOL!!! I hear ya sister!!!! This push present idea is new to me too - I only learned of it since joining PS and I think it's fantastic that there are dad's recognizing the 'work' that pregnancy and mother hood *IS*! Fantastic!!!

But yeah, I kinda think I'd like to collect on some of that 'overdue' bling as well! I'm going to think of 3 new items I need.... (hey! My 3 stone could represent them! wow - like a lightening bolt, that idea just hit me! Man, I'm slow!) :lol:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a five stone ring to symbolize my five kids. Their birthstones don't really work together all that well so I won't be having that kind of piece made. I have thought about separating the stones into reds and blues but that doesn't really say mothers ring either, so I guess I will stick with the 5 stone!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Not a mom, but my mother does wear jewelry to represent me and my sister. All of her diamond jewelry represents me (April) :cheeky: and she has few peridot pieces to represent my sister and herself (born in August... sister's birthday is the 18th and mom's is the 19th). I highly recommend having your babies in April! :lol: She also has a Pandora-style charm bracelet with beads that represent each of us (a bead with red stones for 'rubybeth' and a cupcake for my sister who is a sugar fiend, as well as a bride & groom that represent me and my DH).

One thing I think is cool is the stacking bezel bands if you have 2-3 kids. A lot of Etsy sellers make them: http://www.etsy.com/search?includes%5B%5D=tags&q=bezel+stacking+ring

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
When my older son was born a little over three years ago I had a beautiful half eternity band custom made, pictures below.

I am not particularly sentimental, and have toyed with selling this ring over the years but somehow cannot bring myself to sell it. I guess I am attached 8)

When my second son was born almost a year ago, I bought a lovely etoile-style diamond ring from ebay in platinum. It was gorgeous, but I discovered soon after getting it that although it paired beautifully with my half eternity, the rings did not play nice -- the half eternity damaged the plantium band really badly and quickly :blackeye: I repaired it and sold it to a friend who loves it.

And so now I want to get a ring I can safely stack with my half eternity, or repurpose those diamonds in some way into a band to represent both boys. I think it needs to be a custom purchase that I pay full retail for so that I am not tempted to sell it :lol:

DDbaby6x.jpg

eelover

Rough_Rock
Dreamer D,
Why did the 1/2 eternity damage the platinum? You mean the diamonds rubbed the platinum and somehow damaged it? What was the damage? Scratches? Dents? How does platinum get repaired?

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
eelover|1338829462|3208929 said:
Dreamer D,
Why did the 1/2 eternity damage the platinum? You mean the diamonds rubbed the platinum and somehow damaged it? What was the damage? Scratches? Dents? How does platinum get repaired?

The diamonds left rather noticable scratches in the platinum. I only wore the rings together a very short time and the scratching was sufficient to worry me. Over a longer period of wear I think the platinum ring would possibly have been irreperably damaged. It was such a gorgeous fluid ring I did not want to risk it. It was repaired with a polish and I think perhaps some laser welding to fill deeper scratches, I am not entirely sure. It looked like new, but as I said, I stopped wearing them when the damage was minor. My friend wears it as a stand along RHR now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results