shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen 1.5 rb J vs1 platinum decorative bridge size 8

venus57

Rough_Rock
I'm not sure what I think, love the center stone but not sure about setting. I think the side diamonds take away from center, am I crazy!

20150701_0.jpg

20150701_1.jpg

20150701_100609.jpg

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Re: James Allen 1.5 rb J vs1 platinum decorative bridge size

I think it is lovely as is, and it looks like the setting is a secure one, but if you aren't sure--well, you are the one wearing it!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Not at all! I think the setting is beautiful! love it!

:love: :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think the setting looks lovely on your hand and has lots of presence! I don't think it takes away from your diamond, your stone looks big and beautiful. But what matters is that you love it, and you seem to be having mixed emotions. Do you think you would be happier with a halo setting with just a pave band, like the ring in my profile pic?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

To me, Generally side stones and halos do take away some focus from the center stone. But the overall look is an blingier look with much more finger coverage. Depends on what you would rather see. Maybe it doesn't take away to your eyes, but you seem uncertain. Sometimes it takes wearing it to determine what your eye focuses on and what is most important to you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think it is beautiful, but as others have said, you are the one who has to love it! The only thing I'd probably change is to make the side diamonds larger and fit the halos. I think we are all drawn to beautiful, blingy settings, but sometimes they are not so practical for real life. You are the only one who can answer that for yourself! Your diamond looks gorgeous!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think it's gorgeous and has great finger coverage!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

STUNNING! :love: :love: :love:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

It's very pretty! It looks beautiful on you, but as others said...You have to love it! I do agree with diamondseekers comment about the side halos though. Maybe that's what is throwing you off because the eye is possibly drawn to the design in the side halo? :confused:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't mind it - you have to decide if you want full finger coverage like this or a more simple single halo and stone in the centre only.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock

You're not crazy. The side diamonds certainly take away from the center. If you had bigger side stones with symmetry matching the center they would pull the ring together much better. Or simply just go for the single center and perhaps a halo around it. That center stone is very nice and I'd make it stand out more if possible.

venus57

Rough_Rock

Thank you everyone. I wore it all day yesterday but am still torn. I really love a center stone with halo but am not crazy about the thin bands they all seem to have especially since I don't have those nice long thin fingers! But I love the milgrain and vintage look thid ring has. My husband keeps saying "do you really want what everyone else has this ring is so you," lol. This is my last upgrade so I just want to be sure and I want to make sure me liking the halos I see everyone wearing isn't temporary since this is my last e-ring!

laylah

Rough_Rock

I love your ring and I definitely think the side stones add intrigue to your middle stone. It's a gorgeous setting….decadent!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results