shape
carat
color
clarity

Jadeite, diamonds - pendant - UPDATED PICTURES & INFO

Cynthadia

Rough_Rock
More bling from my partner's deceased mother's jewelry collection...

Gemologist's comments:

1. Jadeite is nice. Suggested that we have it re-pollished, which we are doing.
2. Perhaps was originally part of a clip.
3. Suggests that we take it apart and have 4 pendants made. We're thinking about doing that.
4. Weight: 13.22 grams
5. Metal: platinum

Originally had a white gold chain attached, which we've taken off the pendant.

Once again, we ran out of time re the diamonds.

Weiss21B.JPG

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is a gorgeous pendant - excellent example of Art Deco design, and what looks to be a lovely piece of jadeite. I have to say, I think your gemologist is a vandal - taking a piece that beautiful apart would be a crime! Not to mention, I think you'll get a higher price for one collector-worthy piece then for 3 run-of-the-mill modern pendants ....

Cynthadia

Rough_Rock
Circe|1303219153|2899917 said:
That is a gorgeous pendant - excellent example of Art Deco design, and what looks to be a lovely piece of jadeite. I have to say, I think your gemologist is a vandal - taking a piece that beautiful apart would be a crime! Not to mention, I think you'll get a higher price for one collector-worthy piece then for 3 run-of-the-mill modern pendants ....

The gemologist said that the jadeite is nice, and it's being re-pollished as i write this post.

The gemologist believes that the piece is not original and that originally it might have been part of a clip, and that the dangly diamonds were added on. I just don't have any experience evaluting jewelry, so I have no opinion about it. i can tell you that the pendant came with a chain, which turned out to be white gold. Who would pair a platinum art deco piece with a white gold chain? It doesn't make sense.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I agree that the dangles look like a marriage- that was my first thought, too. As to whether or not it was a clip- could be, the style could've been either clip or pendant. I wouldn't hazard a guess without seeing it in person- you can get a good idea maybe if you examine it with a loupe and some critical thinking... if you see some solder marks in weird places, where some findings were maybe removed... that's a good hint it was something else once. Often PT was soldered with white gold, so solder often stands out as slightly yellower. It is amazing how much antique jewelry was fiddled with over the years; I wouldn't be surprised if a clip was converted to a pendant, many were.

Gorgeous piece for sure. Very Deco!

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock
Circe|1303219153|2899917 said:

AGREED!!!

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
It is gorgeous! I would leave it as it is...and if I were you, I would wear it. :love: :naughty:

It's not so strange. I sometimes wear platinum pendants on a white gold chain and vice versa.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results