shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Its here!! Liquid diamond reset by Victor Canera for 5.3 OEC

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
have you ever wanted to swim in a liquid diamond waterfall?

Today I picked up my Sophia ring with french cut tapered sides by Victor Canera. I am so thrilled with the ring. Every detail is just perfect and it's great to wear the ring. Victor was great to work with. Not only is he a very skilled master of jewelry, but he is also very easy to communicate with, very professional and a master of detail and proportion. I would love to work with him again and I can really recommend working with him.

The ring is really amazing! An elegant art deco style with a vintage nod. There are 8 beautiful french cut diamonds on each site. It has milgrain along the edges of the shank and engraving at the bottom of the shank and the upper 'cup'. The engraving is unbelievable. It's so tiny and detailed! Something you easily forget when you look at blown up photo's. :o It has a beautiful scroll design and a tiny flower at the bottom. :love:

My 5.3 U-V OEC finally found it's forever home!
I was inspired by Wintotty's former ring by LM. But it wasn't until I saw Lovestreet's warm version that I started to consider this ring for my creamy OEC. And then I discovered Yssie's thread with all the gorgeous french side rings. I started a thread and got some great advice from lovely PSers. However, I live in Europe and the idea to have to send my diamond to the US was a scary thought. The jewellers I contacted could not source french cut diamond, especially not in the lower colors. Thanks to Carat Lover I decided to take the plunge and I am so happy with the result!! Carat Lover was totally right when she said that Victor is used to working with stressed out women overseas. It's so true...

There was one hickup though. I could not send my diamond to the US without registration and only jewellers can be registered. And on top of that, there was a possibility that I would have to pay a high customs fee based on the value of my own diamond and not only based on the value of the new setting. That's when I contacted Rob van Beurden of Diamond House in Antwerp to support me in this process. They were great to work with. They helped me to determine the color as Victor needed to make the setting without my stone! When VC was ready with the setting it was sent to the Diamond House team and they set the diamond for me with the beautiful double tiger claws.

So a big thank you Victor for the beautiful setting and your patience.
The Diamond House team for their advice and support and setting the diamond.
Wintotty for her advice via another forum.
Carat Lover for convincing me to go for it and contact LM, SK or VC.
Arkieb1 for her offline very honest advice.
Many lovely PSers for their advice in my threads.

So here it is... The liquid diamond waterfall!

_9932.jpg

_9933.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Its here!! Liquid diamond reset by Victor Canera for 5.3

More photo's!
I will make and share some handshots in the morning when it's light.

_9934.jpg

_9935.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

It's GORGEOUS! More more!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

GORGEOUS!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you Sox and Rosetta! It's so much fun to share this with you. :bigsmile:

One last photo of the detailed engraving on the cup! I wonder how he does it. It's so detailed, but the area is soooo small.
I am happy with the milgrain as well. My stone has been here for a looooong time and I like the vintage nod on the setting. It just fits so well!!

Here are the stats:

5.3 ct OEC
U-V color
11,48 x 11,38 x 6,20 mm (my stone thus is round enough and that's why Victor could make the setting without the center stone).
VS1
Medium to slightly thick (bruted) girdle
Large culet

8 french stones on each side
1,24 ctw
N color

Victor used regular french cuts, but he can also source high dome french stones. Both either cut from existing polished stones or from rough. It took him some time to find the lower colored melee. The N colored frenchies are perfect with my center stone.

_9936.jpg

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock

What an AMAZING ring! :love: :love: :love: :love:

:appl: :appl: :appl:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

LOVE the profile, the engraving is soooo pretty. We have very similar tastes, I'd take that baby off your hands in a flash! :lol:

SB621

Ideal_Rock

You know I have to say that I love the engraving on this ring!!! Truly I do and I remember you were wavering on it. I don't remember what advise I gave but if I didn't vote for the engraving then I'm a complete idoit as it is lovely!

I'm really starting to thinkt he Emilya was the wrong direction for me with my AC as this is just TDF! :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

BREATHTAKING!!! :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

Just amazing!! and to think it was all completed without the actual stone in hand... now, THAT's quite the skill VC has! It is stunning! just STUNNING!!

Wear in great health and happiness and can't wait to see more pics of this amazing piece of art work!!!

ah... sigh.... :praise:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Absolutely stunning!! Were you nervous not having Victor set your stone?! It turned out great!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It turned out lovely, especially w/ all of the engraving! I think it was definitely worth the wait! :appl:

We will all anxiously be awaiting further handshots! Please post them soon! :))

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Wowsers! It's perfect!! I can't wait to see handshots!

jerichosmom

Shiny_Rock

Wow! I practically liked the screen! I think I heard your stone squeeling with delight over its new home! Its absolutely breathtaking!

Wear it with good health and much happiness!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for the sweet reactions Smith1942, Soxfan, Rosetta, SB621, Enerchi and Laila619!!

Rosetta: thank you! oh, I keep staring at the beautiful details like the engraving.

SB: you were one of the PSers who adviced milgraining. And I am so glad that Victor added the milgraining. It finishes the look and is 'art deco classic. And actually, it looked great with a sleek/modern finish, edpecially for a MRB. But milgrain and engraving really flatter my old world diamond :love: . I was also really tempted to have the ring engraved a over, but I am glad I listened to VC's advice: it has a great balance now.
And I must say I was and still am really amazed by your Emilya. Amazed as the tiny halo is so flattering for your giant rock! Halo's are so beautiful when executed well!!

Enerchi: I am so happy that Victor was willing to work without the stone. He could do it because my stone is rather, well... Round :D . But there is also the color!! I am really amazed that the color is working out so well. Victor is really skilled indeed. And the Diamond House team was also really helpful: the color of my stone is really warm but it can actually face up quite white. I needed an expert to actually describe the stone.

Laila: well I knew I was in good hands. I am really glad the typical tiger claws worked out so well! I did send a few photo's to the Diamond House team upfront to show the look. Still, this was really an exciting project. I had not even seen french cuts in real life and I also couldn 't try the setting before I signed the work order. But I love Victor's work and I just knew that only beautiful things come from his hands.

I promiss to post hand shots tomorrow!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Mom2boys, Yennyfire and Jerichosmom :D

Mom2boys: I must say the photo's don't even do it justice! It's even more beautiful in real life :naughty:
Above the first french cut on each side there is a sort of triple milgrain row. It's truly amazing...

Haha, my stone is indeed squeeling with delight Jerichosmom!! :bigsmile: my stone is more beautiful then ever!! My former setting was a very thick bezel and it was just not a good fit with my stone :twisted:

_9940.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock

She looks so beautiful in her forever home Acinom! Like she was meant to be there right from the beginning. Congratulations, and like SB I have started to wonder if I shouldn't have had Gladys set with French cuts too...

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

Wow!!!

Well done with the reset! Love the detail.

Enjoy.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Been anxiously waiting to see your reset! It turned out so lovely. Congrats!!!!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SB621|1379104692|3520311 said:
You know I have to say that I love the engraving on this ring!!! Truly I do and I remember you were wavering on it. I don't remember what advise I gave but if I didn't vote for the engraving then I'm a complete idoit as it is lovely!

I'm really starting to thinkt he Emilya was the wrong direction for me with my AC as this is just TDF! :love:

I love your emilya, and I agree that your stone would look amazing in this setting too! Not that I'm an enabler or anything... :twisted:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Oh. My. GAAAAWD!!!! It is absolutely stunning! Your huge, honkin', amazing OEC looks amazing in the setting. And the setting, well, it has always been one of my favorites, I love it and it shows your OEC off perfectly! I especially love the engraving that was done on the basket!

:love: :love: :love:

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock

Blown. The. "Bleep". Away.

Fabulous! Just outstanding! No words for how gorgeous I think this ring is. I had been reading your thread, stalking (umm, er) following and am so very happy for you! :appl:

Everything just flows. :)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is stunning! I love how it all came together and the way the french cuts add so much to the ring. It is perfect. I always wondered why Leon's version looks different to me than Victors. Am I correctly assuming that Leon uses the high crown french cuts and Victor doesn't usually? I can't say I like one better than the other, but they are different. Your ring could not be more perfect. I really love the engraving on the support bar. Wow, that is stunning. Congratulations, it's gorgeous!

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock

Gorgeous!!!
Not to put too fine a point on it, but I think you got milgrain-beading-milgrain there. Bee-yoo-ti-fulll!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow!!! I am so happy & excited for you. I think it is the perfect balance between a beautiful elegant Antique style now and keeping the sides modern/sleek make it practical for every day wear!!!! I love it!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

GORGEOUS!!

gemmyblond

Shiny_Rock

Truly, truly stunning - a gorgeous home for a gorgeous stone. Congratulations and wear it in good health! Just magnificent.

If you don't mind my asking, about how long did it take VC to do the ring once you signed off on the work order?

An awesome result. :appl:

briolette

Shiny_Rock

Excuse me while I collect my jaw from the floor. Wow wow wow!!!!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

How incredible that the french cuts are matched in color close to your stone! Wow.

A ton more pics, please? Handshots galore! 8)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GemFever|1379120844|3520470 said:
How incredible that the french cuts are matched in color close to your stone! Wow.

A ton more pics, please? Handshots galore! 8)

Just gorgeous and I must second the request for a ton more pics (at least) and definitely handshots! Pretty please. :bigsmile:

libramom

Shiny_Rock

Acinom I love love love your setting!!!!

Congrats on your VC creation, enjoy :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results