shape
carat
color
clarity

Its been almost a year........5ct ACA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear me! WOW...just WOW! Huge and beautifully cut--GORGEOUS ON YOU!

mrsv

Brilliant_Rock
Heavens! What sort of wedding band do you wear with your new ring.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sparkles,

Long time no *see*. Abt time you showed us that beauty. We''ve been waiting far too long, LOL!

That is one GIGANTIC rock!! and BOOOOTIFUULLL!! Pls post more pics!!

Boom

Shiny_Rock
WOW! It''s huuuge and gorgeous!!! Congratulations Sparkles!! I''ve been waiting for pictures of your stone for a long time and the wait was entirely worth it!

36.gif
36.gif

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that must be lovely to stare at all day!!!
30.gif

Seriously, I would get nothing done, ever!!!! It`s soooo perfect!!!
36.gif

Congratulations and enjoy!!

Cachette
1.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy Cow!!! How did I miss this thread! Your diamond is really incredible and beautiful! Enjoy it everyday!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
You must get a ton of compliments, and at the same time a lot of "that can't be real" comments, at that size..5 carats? (mine is about 3 carats smaller, and I get "questioned" more than I thought I would (as to whether it's a real diamond) 5 carats?? Most celebs don't sport rocks that large!wow!!
It sure is an attention grabber...enjoy!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s just stunning!!!

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
You Guys are all too funny.....!

LynnB please don''t hate me tee hee.....your hilarious
Glitterata My ring being the size of your apartment is just a slight exaggeration, but a witty analogy.
DandiAndi The "head" thing was cute..
CrownJewel.....Thankyou so much for your comments........I really did need to post these pictures, and will post more if I can get some good ones. You all bring me back down to earth in terms of the size of the diamond.

I don''t think you can ever get away from DSS not matter what size diamond you have....if you are that way inclined. I didn''t realize it was so big until I posted the picture that the stone is indeed large on my finger.

Orbaya and Kcoursolle (I hope thats right.....sorry if its not), the profile of your rings in your avatars are stunning....I have an eternity band made up with a mish mash of stones that are different in size by about.01pt and some are good quality stones and others are not. Its not mind clean when I wear it..... Sometimes recycling projects is not a good idea. I was thinking of doing another full eternity band with .05pts each to go with the e-ring setting. Can whiteflash do a u prong setting with diamonds that small....?

Phoenix Thanks for the compliments...I''m going over to your thread to comment on your beautiful Leon pear.

MikeRato is that a tension set in your avatar ,,,part of me wishes I had a 1.50ct Gvs2 in a tension set ......I can''t justify another diamond at this point in time...our house renovations have become a "money pit", the asian currencies are being ruthlessly hammered and people are really starting to hurt.

Boom How are you .....long time no hear from...man....I''m getting really worried about inflation here. I went to coronation plaza today....in 1 week a whole watermelon went from $4.20 to $6.20. I asked the lady what was going on . She said the watermelons were bigger this week.....total BS. There is a shop and save supermarket at Ghim Moh that was our last bastion for cheap milk. Milk in 3 months has gone from $4.25 a litre to $5.45. Yeah I know , I own a 5 carat.....penny wise and pound foolish....how do you think I got the 5 carat. By not paying stupid prices.....but what worries me is, that if I am complaining.....how many people is this inflation hurting...also noticed the increase came round about the time the government had dividends to pay out.....maybe they have been holding back the increases to see what fuel prices would do.....no choice but to pass it onto the consumer now I guess.

Beau13 No compliments on the ring...except from close friends who have all passed it round trying it on. I have caught people looking at my ring...but they probably don''t think it is real...I always look like such a trainwreck during the day.....minus the starbucks...hahah

I will try to post more pictures...

Boom

Shiny_Rock
35.gif
Hi Hi, we''re coping, inflation here is really getting out of hand. When my fav toilet paper went from $6.20 to $7.50 overnight, I switched immediately to the house brand. Fortunately no one at home is complaining. Honestly, essentials have gone up so much in price that I have had to change my spending habits drastically. Dreading to see the electric bill after the crazy increase this month.

Anyway, back to topic, the stone looks wonderful on your finger, I bet people notice it from waaay across the room. I know it took some time, but I''m so happy for you that you found this magnificent stone! Can''t wait for more pics. Thanks for sharing and take care!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Too bad you didn''t get a halo.
38.gif

Ha, ha.....I''m totally joking. That is a beautiful diamond and totally stunning in it''s soliatire glory
9.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 10:50:55 AM
Author: sparkles
You Guys are all too funny.....!

LynnB please don't hate me tee hee.....your hilarious
Glitterata My ring being the size of your apartment is just a slight exaggeration, but a witty analogy.
DandiAndi The 'head' thing was cute..
CrownJewel.....Thankyou so much for your comments........I really did need to post these pictures, and will post more if I can get some good ones. You all bring me back down to earth in terms of the size of the diamond.

I don't think you can ever get away from DSS not matter what size diamond you have....if you are that way inclined. I didn't realize it was so big until I posted the picture that the stone is indeed large on my finger.

Orbaya and Kcoursolle (I hope thats right.....sorry if its not), the profile of your rings in your avatars are stunning....I have an eternity band made up with a mish mash of stones that are different in size by about.01pt and some are good quality stones and others are not. Its not mind clean when I wear it..... Sometimes recycling projects is not a good idea. I was thinking of doing another full eternity band with .05pts each to go with the e-ring setting. Can whiteflash do a u prong setting with diamonds that small....?

Phoenix Thanks for the compliments...I'm going over to your thread to comment on your beautiful Leon pear.

MikeRato is that a tension set in your avatar ,,,part of me wishes I had a 1.50ct Gvs2 in a tension set ......I can't justify another diamond at this point in time...our house renovations have become a 'money pit', the asian currencies are being ruthlessly hammered and people are really starting to hurt.

Boom How are you .....long time no hear from...man....I'm getting really worried about inflation here. I went to coronation plaza today....in 1 week a whole watermelon went from $4.20 to $6.20. I asked the lady what was going on . She said the watermelons were bigger this week.....total BS. There is a shop and save supermarket at Ghim Moh that was our last bastion for cheap milk. Milk in 3 months has gone from $4.25 a litre to $5.45. Yeah I know , I own a 5 carat.....penny wise and pound foolish....how do you think I got the 5 carat. By not paying stupid prices.....but what worries me is, that if I am complaining.....how many people is this inflation hurting...also noticed the increase came round about the time the government had dividends to pay out.....maybe they have been holding back the increases to see what fuel prices would do.....no choice but to pass it onto the consumer now I guess.

Beau13 No compliments on the ring...except from close friends who have all passed it round trying it on. I have caught people looking at my ring...but they probably don't think it is real...I always look like such a trainwreck during the day.....minus the starbucks...hahah

I will try to post more pictures...
I guess if I had a diamond that large on my hand, I would feel as though I must ALWAYS look so well put together (picture perfect)..an image to uphold! iIf not, then I guess people would assume it's fake. I mean, a lady wearing sweats, hair a mess, shotty manicure, pleather handbag..I woulld instantly assume "fake". A lady sporting a 5 carat ring, I would assume to be carrying a designer handbag, dressed to the nines..polished image, hair, nails..etc, driving a luxury vehicle. It would be the "total package" that would convince me to believe whether it were real or not. That being said, I know one can't be expected to look FAB all the time!
2.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I could never pull off a 5 carat - I never look "put together" rofl.

This ring is STUNNING, shocking, and absolutely brilliant! This is a total "If I won the lottery..."

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
goodness gracious! that is sooooooooooo freaking gorgeous!!!!! congrats and enjoy it every single day woman! that is awesome!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s stunning! More hand shots please!

The sun is shining

Shiny_Rock
Oh yes. So beautiful We''d love more pictures, when you have the time... hopefully it''s soon!

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
purrfectpear are you enabling......or teasing...Everyone on PS says 5ct carat should not have a halo...But Leon's site has several rb's that are at least 6ct+ with halos.

Beau13...you look like you would be very glam on a day to day basis. I'm not really into designer handbags although Hubby has bought me a few, which I only really use 1 of. I'm also very hard on clothes so can't justify buying them....also my children seem to have a sixth sense when I'm wearing something worth more. The will step on my toes, run into me when they have been playing dress-ups with makeup or we will go out to eat...and the rest is history..

As far as sport cars go, hubby got the sports car, I opted for mum's taxi....The tax on cars in this country is ridiculous...2 years ago, a brand new BMW 650 convertible cost USD $243+k. As much as I would like a sports car..I have 3 children 10 and under. And comparing to America....you are paying through the nose for a car here. I don't like deals that are outrageously weighted against me!

I'm a value for money kinda gal......my one weakness being sparkly things.

Bags and certain types of clothes date from one season to the next. Cars depreciate and continue to depreciate as soon as they are driven off the lot. A diamond, however......is FOREVER.......What a schmuck...I should be working for De Beers.......hahah

Also isn't plether in? Weren't Demi Moore and Paris Hilton recently seen out wearing incredibly sexy outfilts made of shiny PVC......

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I have been looking at some beautiful halo''s here at ps.

Please forgive but I have had these saved for a long time and can''t remember whose rings they are.......
41.gif

nicehalo1.JPG

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
.....another view

haloring2.JPG

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
A few with the 10pter eternity band........I think the stones in the eternity ring are a little big.....

eternity5ct1.JPG

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
1 more

eternity5ct2.JPG

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I was definitely teasing. I think it''s perfect as a solitaire.

I wouldn''t judge anyone for setting a large diamond in a halo, but when it''s already the width of your finger, it seems superflous to me?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, your ring is to die for. It is gorgeous, I
30.gif
it and it is beautiful on your hand. I would stare at that beauty all day. I bet it just sparkles in the sunlight!!!!!

Linda

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Managed to get a better shot with the stone looking normal....and not hideously large like in the smtr

good5carat.JPG

bebe

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous and looks utterly yummy on your hand!!

And I like the eternity band - I don''t think the stones
are too large.

Enjoy!

hibiscus

Shiny_Rock
SPEECHLESS....

hibiscus

Shiny_Rock
I''ve gathered myself, WOW!!! That''s a stunner. What a rock!! Looks beautiful on your finger.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
It''s absolutely stunning! Enjoy that beauty!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I think you should take a video so we can see how that thing sparkles--I can only imagine. I''d be blinding myself all day long!

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
ahhhhhhhhhhhh! i came back to get my daily fix of sparkle!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results