shape
carat
color
clarity

It's HERE!!! My 5-stone 8-prong trellis reset by DBL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: It's HERE!!! My five-stone trellis reset by DBL

Thanks Gypsy!! On both counts 8)

The pics are a total PITA actually - esp. since I can't take a camera in to work. I have to grab them first thing in the morning before I leave, and I only have maybe a fifteen minute window of sunlight - and my fingers are super poofy so I stick them in the freezer for a minute before photographing...

I'll do a comparison thread with the VC in a bit, lots of thoughts there that I hope others looking for plain wire designs might find useful.

Skippy Thank you!!

Yes, I'll do a side by side! It's actually a totally different ring (the old was made by Victor Canera), so I have both to compare - though I'm realising I tend to photograph the same way every time so I'd probably have had enough material even without!

Thank you HOT! Two more weeks on yours... gosh, you must be so excited!!

thb Thank you! The prongs are gorgeous IRL. I'm SO nervous about sending it back to have the stone re-oriented, I'm terrified something will happen to the prongs, they won't be as delicately clawed, they'll be too small, they'll be misshapen - but DBL's bench made them beautifully so presumably they can re-shape them properly, so I know I'm worrying over nothing!

Workmanship - I'll start a new thread for the actual comparison as I need some more time to get my thoughts and photos in order, suffice to say here that I'm very, very happy with what I'm seeing. The design is lovely, but more, the attention to detail is superb - someone clearly cared about this one: it shows in the quality of finish.

roppogni Yes. I am. I couldn't have been happy with the VC - I could've lived with it, but I couldn't have loved it, and this design deserves to be loved.

*This* ring I can love to bits :bigsmile: I'm so glad we decided to go forward with the reset! I confess I feel naked without two rings on that finger so I'll wear a plain one - but it'll be round, and dainty, and of minimal visual consequence!

Thank you Packy!! Any updates on yours?

Deco ::snort::

One of them has blue fluor - I forgot to have David replace it. Oops. Oh well - I guess I'll just love him for his uniqueness **** You *can* see them IRL, just not from precisely top-down - they go all the way across my finger though, so the ring doesn't turn at all. No need to feel sorry for them, they're doing just fine ;))

Thank you Sharon - I can't imagine this won't be the last for a good long time! ::)

missjuliajoy

Rough_Rock

WOW...it's absolutely amazing! Congrats!! I love trellis settings, my ring we're having made is the tiny 3-stone baby version of yours =)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

It looks wonderful, I think your vision has been realized. The subtle tweaks add up to a world of difference! Looks beautiful on your hand. And the video was a treat, I feel like I know your diamond much better now!

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock

Yssie, your ring is gobsmackingly beautiful! I actually gasped when I saw your photos and my three year old asked me what was wrong. :lol: Kudos, bravo, well done! If there is a PS hall of fame, your ring will surely be in it!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you missjuliajoy! Are you getting the Butterflies from WF, then? Oh, I'm so excited to imagine that!

Dreamer Thank you! Yes, it has - I'm shocked myself at how much difference the small changes made. That side-on shot, for example, showing the tapering shank - I was quite gleeful about that one, I never would've taken that pic with the VC. And that right there is precisely why I will never, ever reset -
1) I love this ring, and
2) Apparently it takes at minimum two iterations to get a custom design *perfect*, and that makes it super stressful and super pricey and I just can't do it again!

My diamond is flattered :halo:

sapphire How terribly embarrassing! I missed your name on my list in my first post - I'm sorry, I don't know how!

Thank you, though, for your very sweet words!! :bigsmile:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

***Special thanks also to sapphirering, should've been in my first post!***

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

For slg, MGR -
This pic David sent me last week is dead-on for the colour of the metal - it's really not so icy as my photos show it - and my J stones aren't so white either!

ONE.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Oh Yssie, it is absolute perfection! One day I hope to have an amazing ring like yours! Congratulations :appl: :appl: :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

armywife13|1325651992|3094642 said:
Oh Yssie, it is absolute perfection! One day I hope to have an amazing ring like yours! Congratulations :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank you armywife, I'm SO lucky to have it, and I know it! ::)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so happy for you, Yssie!!! :appl: I am glad you stuck with it until you got what you wanted! And it really is a GORGEOUS ring!!! :love: :love: :love:

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock

Oh sweetie, honestly I was just tagging along to learn about the art of jewelry making. I find it so fascinating and I hope that one day I can take a jewelry making course. That's very sweet of you to mention me.

One more thing - I love how the milgraining is done on your baskets - it almost look like little beads instead of straight line indents? It kind of reminds me of VCA's vintage alhambra line jewelry. Really cool, and if I ever get to reset my e-ring I want to incorporate that element into the setting.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock

CONGRATULATIONS!!! WOW!
Truly, wonderful work and I'm so glad you're finally in love with it.
Happy New Year :)) Enjoy it, wear it in health, and most of all, keep on loving it! :love:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's gorgeous!!!! Seriously, the most stunning 5 stone design I've ever seen.

And umm...if you decide not to keep the old VC band since it doesn't match, there's always the preloved forums.. :bigsmile:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie
congrats...that is a beauty :!: :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you DS!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

sapphire ah, milgrain! I actually copied the milgrain on Haven's incredible solitaire (with her permission!) - [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-here-its-here-my-2-30-ct-omb-antique-cushion-upgrade.158760/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-here-its-here-my-2-30-ct-omb-antique-cushion-upgrade.158760/[/URL]

The milgrain is definitely different on this one than on the VC - bigger, more pronounced. It's really interesting actually - the milgrain on the VC *made* the piece. I don't think it would've looked complete without it, somehow - I can't for the life of me figure out *what* about it made the milgrain so necessary, though. The VC also looks older, more antiquey overall - this one is a more modern version that would be just fine without the milgrain, honestly! It's a little extra that I don't pay any attention to whatsoever on the finger, total opposite of how strongly I felt about it on the VC.

WD Thank you, and yes, I am ::)

We really have to have a post-holiday NYC GTG at some point :bigsmile:

Thank you MTG!!

Haha I'm something of a hoarder to begin with, the VC *doesn't* match this ring but it does go beautifully with my daily-wear plain band so it's not going anywhere for now, anyway :cheeky:

Thank you DF!!

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock

Oh yes I know all about Haven's ring, it's my holy grail setting! I personally *love* the milgraining on your ring. It's more modern like you said but I just think it's perfection. :love:

yrrp3738

Shiny_Rock

Nice job! It is so pretty!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Yssie

I just wanted to say your ring is :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Honestly, your eye for detail is astonishing! I have watched your journey, from afar, excited and disappointed with you, in equal measure. I am just so relieved that it turned out so absolutely perfectly. Wear that beauty in great health and happiness

David, I am sure you are watching this thread with interest. I'll bet your phone is ringing off the hook! (Poor Jennifer ;)) )
This ring has to be the best advert for design/production and customer service EVER!!!

Congratulations to all concerned!!

:wavey:

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock

blueiris|1325645483|3094555 said:
Yssie|1325645171|3094550 said:

YssieDBL-10.png

\

THUD!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

*exactly*

that is the ring of a lifetime. wear it in health & happiness :)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

YSSIE!!!!

This ring is PERFECTION. The lines are amazing. The bars under the side stones are so well integrated, it's such a dramatic difference from your last setting. And the lines--did I mention how beautiful they are?

You done good, girl. You done good!

I'm so, so, so happy for you. You really do have quite an eye for details. I'm so happy you love this ring. It really is amazing.

Now, MORE PICTURES, PLEASE! :Up_to_something:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh Yssie what can I say that hasn't already been said? It's superb - more than superb actually. I adore the swoopiness (technical term obviously :bigsmile: ) and the fact that from the top it just flows seamlessly from end to end. I adore the millgrain as well! I hadn't expected that and it's a gorgeous touch.

I'm so pleased you're delighted with the result. It is stunning and you should now relax and enjoy wearing it.

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock

OMG~!! I see the arrows~!! It is magnificent~!! Nice ring

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock

OMG~!! I see the arrows~!! It is magnificent~!! Nice ring

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie, I am so thrilled for you!! Your ring is absolutely breathtaking and so worth it all- Really to die for!!! :love: :love: :love:
Kudos to David and his crew and to you (and your dh) for having the patience, persistence and vision to pursue the ring of your dreams!
Your ring is a masterpiece! :appl:

ETA My dh just woke up and I had to show him your ring and the video that David made- he said the ring is really something (big praise from my dh) and he is very impressed! Just wanted to share his reaction with you. It's 5:20 AM and the beauty of your ring woke him right up! :love: :bigsmile:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie!!!!! WOW!!!!!!! :love: It's beyond beautiful! You must be thrilled! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock

Magnificent really is the word :love: I love what you said about this one having a more modern feeling vs the VC -I see exactly what you mean, it has a smoothness and a fluidity that reminds me of an incredible sculpture... all the different parts just flow into each other... WOW!!! And the prongs.... :appl: :appl: :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Once again you have done it, stunning ring! :love: :love: :love:

sparklyforever

Shiny_Rock

Very lovely!!!!!!!
a killer setting for killer stones....
If I ever see you IRL don't get scared when I don't say anything but a scream as I just grab your hand. :)

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

How beautiful it is and how happy I am for you, Yssie! Congratulations!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Wow. What more can I say? It is absolutely stunning :) its everything I loved about your 3 stone- but more bling :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yssie|1325645171|3094550 said:
YssieDBL-9.png

YssieDBL-10.png

YssieDBL-11.png

YssieDBL-12.png

Wow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results