shape
carat
color
clarity

It's HERE!!! My 5-stone 8-prong trellis reset by DBL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Glad this was bumped so I can add to the chorus - absolutely perfect. Seriously.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, how did I miss this??? Yssie, you reset your gorgeous three-stone!! At first I was thinking, Whyyy?? It was perfect the way it was! But when I saw the new setting, I understood your vision, and why you needed to change course. This five-stone actually gives you more bling, more finger coverage, I can see milgrain on the basket, and it looks more delicate while maintaining its fluidity.

I will always have a soft-spot for your three-stone, as it inspired so many resets, but this ring is just as gorgeous. DBL did a fabulous job on this one, and they really executed the changes that you sought.

Congrats on a wonderful design, and enjoy your beauty!! :appl:

naimaD

Rough_Rock
Dear Yssie,
My name is Damian and I would like to hear more about your 5 stone ring and its creation but as a conversation, Its setting looks perfect for an engagement ring I am trying to find and use to propose. Please I really need help I'm fairly new to jewelry. My email is **edited by moderator. Please no emails for privacy**

gadabout

Rough_Rock
I know I am about 3 months late but only found this site 2 days ago. Total eye candy!!!! As good as a vacation and free.....

Your ring is beyond spectacular. I just 'googled' 5 stone diamond rings and came up with a trellis ring (not yours but gorgeous). I have to reset my 3 stone ER (31 years since the first re-mount and it is getting thin) I found your ring and just knew it was exactly what I want.
We are vacationing in NYC in January 2015 (tickets booked). I am familiar with the NY Diamond District - but it is out of comfort zone for an Aussie - so I wanted to find a jeweller there who could make a fine, but strong setting. DBL looks fantastic to me. I can add 2 diamonds to my existing 3 stone and end up with something breathtakingly beautiful like yours.

First post ever so if this question is allowed please answer (if you feel comfortable) but if not I apologise for my rudeness. Could you give me a costing or a range that your re-mount cost? I need to start the "Diamond Dollars" savings plan - my stones are 1x 1.30ct, 2x1 ct and 2x.70. Your central stone looks much bigger to my eye and it is so beautiful.

Gadabout from Australia

SB621

Ideal_Rock
gadabout|1395289953|3637732 said:
I know I am about 3 months late but only found this site 2 days ago. Total eye candy!!!! As good as a vacation and free.....

Your ring is beyond spectacular. I just 'googled' 5 stone diamond rings and came up with a trellis ring (not yours but gorgeous). I have to reset my 3 stone ER (31 years since the first re-mount and it is getting thin) I found your ring and just knew it was exactly what I want.
We are vacationing in NYC in January 2015 (tickets booked). I am familiar with the NY Diamond District - but it is out of comfort zone for an Aussie - so I wanted to find a jeweller there who could make a fine, but strong setting. DBL looks fantastic to me. I can add 2 diamonds to my existing 3 stone and end up with something breathtakingly beautiful like yours.

First post ever so if this question is allowed please answer (if you feel comfortable) but if not I apologise for my rudeness. Could you give me a costing or a range that your re-mount cost? I need to start the "Diamond Dollars" savings plan - my stones are 1x 1.30ct, 2x1 ct and 2x.70. Your central stone looks much bigger to my eye and it is so beautiful.

Gadabout from Australia

Gada,

Start a thread in RT as that is more of an approriate place. Also I know when I had a version of this setting being made (I did a 3 stone) DBL would not make it unless I sourced all my diamonds through him, which I didn't do. His policey might have changed so you will need to double check. I think it was around 5k when I asked. SK, ERD and WF have all made similar trellis designs so you might want to check them out too. Once again I would create a seperate threadin RT.

gadabout

Rough_Rock
Hi SB621
As I am such a newbie and not au fait with all the shortened RT and WF, ERD etc it is like a language I have to work out - I really appreciate you trying to guide me and if I knew what RT was I would immediately go there.
Thank you so much. The only reason I wrote on this post was that following the thread, yssie :?: seemed to use her purchased (from elsewhere diamonds and DBL set them.
Look forward to any tips and I will repost in the appropriate place.
I like the shortened nick name you have given me, thanks
Gada :loopy:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
gadabout|1395309949|3637825 said:
Hi SB621
As I am such a newbie and not au fait with all the shortened RT and WF, ERD etc it is like a language I have to work out - I really appreciate you trying to guide me and if I knew what RT was I would immediately go there.
Thank you so much. The only reason I wrote on this post was that following the thread, yssie :?: seemed to use her purchased (from elsewhere diamonds and DBL set them.
Look forward to any tips and I will repost in the appropriate place.
I like the shortened nick name you have given me, thanks
Gada :loopy:

RT is for Rocky Talk! It is another forum on PS (pricescope) where we talk about diamonds and setting them. Here is the direct link for you to post.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/forums/rockytalky.3/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/forums/rockytalky.3/[/URL]

WF is white flash a vendor out of TX. ERD is engagment rings direct another vendor but out of NYC. And SK is Steven Kirsch also in NYC. I think DBL did the ring to gain some marketing for his settings on this site by doing this ring for Yssie and using her outside stones. While his FCD (fancey colored diamods) are popular his settings aren't as much. If I'm correct then it was good marketing tactic as the setting is quite popular. I believe another member was actully doing the same one as a 5 stone with diamonds and sapphires but was choosing between ERD and SK as she also had all her own stones. I went with SK for my 3 stone version as he was willing to work with my suite and his pricing came in quite reasonable compared to others, plus I might as well go for a hand forged ring if it is that close to other CAST models. I think ERD and SK will both be around or under 3.5k USD pending what sizes you get for side stones. I highly recommend reaching out to different vendors to get price quotes.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so glad this got bumped - something to strive for! I love it!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LegsDiamond|1415415803|3779554 said:
Yssie,

I think I just saw one your pics posted to a blog about the Amora Gem! It looks like someone did a little thievery......

http://betterthandiamond.weebly.com/blog/category/amora-gem-ultra

Legs, I haven't been on PS for a few weeks - a friend alerted me to your post.
Thank you for noticing this and letting me know! It looks like they've taken two of my photos (from Pg1 of this thread) for two different blog entries, and actually captioned and watermarked one of them :-o

I'm disgusted - using a consumer's photos from another site for advertising without said consumer's or that site's permission, without citing the source of the photo or the sources of stones and setting, claiming in the caption that the stones used are a totally different variety (my stones are not Amora gems, they're from WhiteFlash), adding a watermark claiming that that photo is their property... I've sent them a note via their contact form to please remove both photos immediately. Hopefully they'll do so immediately!

btd_blog.png

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, I saw this and I was flabbergasted!! What an untrustworthy company. Hope they do as you asked.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just heard back from a BTD rep - apparently that blog isn't theirs, even though clicking in its photos links you to the BTD site, so it sounds like they may have a problem with some independent entity misusing their name (and, with actions like this, obviously also damaging their reputation)... Hope they can sort out whatever is going on! :|

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, the internet is a crazy place :errrr: Lots of opportunities for shenanigans - hopefully it will get straightened out soon -

But… It's been too long since we've seen this beauty, it's a pleasure to look at the pics of this gorgeous ring again! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJ Goodness, though, I'm so glad it wasn't what I thought it was!! People I respect have good opinions of BTD and the rep was as surprised as I was - they must be quite unhappy, stuff like this can really hurt a company's reputation ;(

June, you are sweet ::) Life's got the better of me this year and I haven't been on PS in so long... I've missed a lot of people :(sad ::HUG::!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Yssie... I am sorry to hear of the thievery and shenanigans but......... i am so glad that i got to see this 5 stone of yours!!! OMG :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

:Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to post a quick update ::)

Dana and Less at BTD are super! The blog was not BTD's, all the photos used were taken without permission and they were misusing the Amora name and BTD trademark. They filed with the DMCA and got the whole site taken down. So that's the end of that! :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTD and Less would never do something like that; they are as ethical and honest as they come. I knew right away it had to be something else. Glad it all got sorted out!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a relief Yssie!! What a nice company that they took action even though they were not responsible for the pictures. Phew!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, no more drama :bigsmile:
I think it's like Laila said - I, having never worked with "better than diamond", saw the company name on my photo and came to the obvious conclusion. They must have been *furious* - that's terrible for their reputation! So I'm really glad that blog was taken down, on that front, too :nono:

podgornik

Rough_Rock
Yssi~
I found the pic of your ring and am absolutely in awe! Just wondering if you could give me some insight on where I could find the jeweler that created this most gorgeous design? I am in love with your ring!

makeable

Shiny_Rock
Love, love, love your ring. Stunning! Glad everything got sorted out. :appl:

Octobergirl

Rough_Rock
Hi, could it hold a slightly smaller centre at all? Thanks

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw your beautiful ring on Pinterest. If I may, what was the total cost of your ring? =)

@JLOVESHULAPIE -

Most people on these boards aren't fond of sharing what they spend on their luxury items. It sits somewhere between "What do you earn" and "how much do you weigh?" It's pretty personal and there's a whole bunch of questions pertaining to anonymity that make it an uncomfortable question.

On the other hand - if you read this thread, you'll find an excellent post by a different poster, explaining the quote she received for this setting from the same manufacturer, and their policies surrounding it.

As for the stones, go to Blue Nile or James Allen and start punching in numbers of the sorts of diamonds you like. Yssie's price is largely irrelevant, given that you may like different colored stones, different clarity, different sizes...all sorts of variations. Once you've nailed down a center stone price, you've worked out by far the majority of the cost. Allow between roughly 2 and 4k for the sides, add the setting price, and you're probably in the right ball park.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I am locking this thread since it was bumped from 2012...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results