shape
carat
color
clarity

It's HERE, it's HERE!! My AVC "Daisy" ring and 6-stone band!

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock
FINALLY!!!!! :appl: :D :love:

First.. I want to thank all of you for your advice, encouragement and support over the past 6 months... it's been a long but fun journey! I have learned SO much and I appreciate this forum more than you know!

Many of you have been following my journey... But here's a quick recap for those of you who don't know and who don't want to filter through my old threads... (If you know the story, feel free to skip this and head straight for the PICTURES!! :naughty: )

My DH and I were married in 1994 when we were 20 and 21. We had NO money! My mother gave us a ring that used to be her aunt's, which had a 1/4 ct center stone. And DH's grandmother also gave us a ring that had 5 .15ct stones. We took these diamonds, added a 6th "side" stone and designed a ring of our own. Here is a pic of my original wedding ring...

I wore this ring for years until I eventually lost a side stone and I stopped wearing it. We knew we eventually wanted to "redo" the ring by adding a "stone of our own", so instead of replacing the side stone, we decided to wait. My husband and I bought matching platinum bands and I have been wearing just that for about 8 years or so. Then a couple of years ago I decided to fix the wedding ring, remove the wedding band that I never liked, and resize it to wear as a RHR. Shortly after, the shank broke in half and back in the jewelry box it went.

Fast forward to 2012...
My husband's company was sold and we had stock options. We finally had the money to "upgrade" and my sweet DH said... If we don't do it now, we never will. So I began the process of designing my dream ring.

I started searching for antique stones, and cushion cuts and I eventually found Good old Gold and Pricescope. I fell in LOVE with the AVC!! I bought the first one, didn't like the color, returned it and bought my 1.87 ct J SI1 AVC. It is perfect!!
Then I began the design process (before I had done any research on designers, but that is in a different thread). I found Greenlake Jewelry Works in Seattle and began corresponding with one of their designers. I gathered a million pictures, and changed my mind a hundred times. I knew I wanted a halo and a vintage look, and as I gathered ideas, I fell in love with the partial split-shank as well.
We then decided to use my original 6 side-stones to create a new wedding band. Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to incorporate my 1/4 ct. stone that was from my mother. So I decided to have a daisy design included in the basket of the e-ring. Daisies are my mom's favorite flower (and mine and my daughter's!) and my mom had them embroidered on her wedding dress. They were also the very first flowers my DH ever gave to me when we were dating! So they are meaningful to me.

The CAD's were made, then changed, then approved then they made my ring... the FIRST version. It was CLOSE, but the daisies were not quite right. (they were hard to see and hard to tell what they were.) I sent the ring back on September 7th and had them redesign the daisies. They were also finishing the wedding band at this time.

FINALLY... TODAY... I got BOTH rings FedExed to my house. Woot Woot!! :appl:

Drum roll please...

I LOVE THEM!!! They are absolutely perfect and the most beautiful rings I have ever seen in real life!! They sparkle like CRAZY and I still can't believe they are really mine!!! Greenlake did a phenomenal job and they were delightful to work with! I am going to post a million pictures... so bear with me. LOL And YES... I do know that I am going to need to get a spacer ring. And I will, for sure, be looking for your suggestions!

So with no further ado...
May I present... Dougsgirl's Dream Daisy Ring!!

More pics coming...

_1188.jpg

img_1137.jpg

img_1103.jpg

img_150.jpg

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock
Re: It's HERE, it's HERE!! My AVC "Daisy" ring and 6-stone b

Still more coming... :naughty:

img_1110.jpg

img_1127.jpg

img_1111.jpg

img_1114.jpg

stci

Ideal_Rock

OMG! This daisy mean a lot! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations! :appl:

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock

Some shots of both rings together...

Oh no... I'm not done yet... :appl: :appl:

img_1192.jpg

img_151.jpg

img_152.jpg

img_1146.jpg

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock

OK... That's probably enough for now. LOL
Thanks for looking!!

img_1169.jpg

img_1144.jpg

img_153.jpg

img_154.jpg

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock

Well... Maybe just a FEW more... :saint:

img_155.jpg

img_1154.jpg

img_1145.jpg

img_156.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

They are beautiful!! So happy you love them.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

AAAAAHHHHH!!!! WOO HOO!!!! I love it - its amazing!! Perfect daisy detail - this was worth the wait, you're mom would love it :love: And your band---- oh STOP IT!!! Your bling is blinding me 8-) :sun: 8-)

Gotta also say - you have super cool nails, too! Loving that manicure - what's the colour? its awesome!

but back to the ring---- simply AMAZING - Greenlake did a fantastic job! Don't feel you have to stop posting pics, we're happy to keep looking at them :D

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock

Enerchi|1349481303|3280224 said:
AAAAAHHHHH!!!! WOO HOO!!!! I love it - its amazing!! Perfect daisy detail - this was worth the wait, you're mom would love it :love: And your band---- oh STOP IT!!! Your bling is blinding me 8-) :sun: 8-)

Gotta also say - you have super cool nails, too! Loving that manicure - what's the colour? its awesome!

but back to the ring---- simply AMAZING - Greenlake did a fantastic job! Don't feel you have to stop posting pics, we're happy to keep looking at them :D

Ahhh... Thanks Friend!!! You are always so sweet and complimentary!! (I often wish PS had a private-message feature, because there has been a couple of times when I just wanted to talk to you!! :wink2: )

And for the record (so there is no confusion) my mom WILL love it!! She lives about a mile from me! :D She is very much alive, and I just wanted to include a part of "her" in my "heirloom" ring.

And thanks for the comment about my nails... I just got them done a week ago and they already have grow-out. :(
But they are just shiny black with silver sparkle tips. They are acrylic nails and the polish is shellac. (My DH loves naughty black nails... So I did them for him, and because it seemed so "Fall-ish".) I don't usually have fake nails... but I am liking these so far.

And don't worry... I will probably post so many pics you get sick of it!! After my 7 month journey I am ready to CELEBRATE!! LOL

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock

I love your story! You had me on the edge of my chair, cheering you on as was taking it all in!

Your rings are perfect. The AVC is a gorgeous shape on your finger. I love the attention and thought you paid to the gallery, and the significance of the daisy to you and your family. A very classic set! :love: :love: :love:

My Best To You!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your Ering is beautiful, and I LOVE your 6 stone!! I'm not usually one for blingy Ering + blingy band but yours work fabulously together - it must be a total blingfest IRL :sun:

Congrats!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

oooopssss - So sorry Dougsgirl about your mom and the "would" vs "will"... :oops: I'm VERY glad she is only a mile away and will enjoy this with you!! Im sorry about that big boo boo ... (soooooo embarrassed!!) :oops:

That is so sweet of you to say! If there was a PM, I'd be more than happy to chat :bigsmile: Maybe one day....

Loving those nails! roooooWWWWrrrr - black for Mr Dougsgirl, eh??? :Up_to_something:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

OMG-That is one beautiful set! I love the daisy detail and your AVC is gorgeous :love: :love: :love:
Greenlake did a phenomial job and your nails are way cool!!!

Spesh2011

Rough_Rock

Wow, Wow, Wow!!!! :love: :love: :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow - what an upgrade! I love the rings and I love them together though I'm not usually one for a blingy ering AND wedding band. You did a fabulous job and I'm so glad you were able to incorporate all of the important things together for these rings!

They are really fabulous - enjoy!

PS - I'm voting for a beautiful pink color for your next manicure - would look divine with these new rings - ha!!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

I simply adore your new rings!! The sparkle must be visible from the moon!!!!

Wear those stunners :love: :love: :love: in great health!!

:wavey:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

STUNNING!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I adore AVC's and it looks stunning in that split shank halo!!! :love: :love: :love: The redo on the daisies looks so much better!

The wedding band is gorgeous, too! Congratulations on getting your dream rings!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is my most favourite set EVER :love: :love: :love: It is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT :appl: :appl: :appl: Ahhh...Love it, love it, love it :cheeky: Wear it in good health :appl:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

WOW. SUPER BLINGY and delicious! LOVE!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock

WOW!! What an amazing set!
Also, i love your nails and your photography skills are excellent!! Congratulations!
:appl: :appl:

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!! Yeah... I'm pretty excited.
However... My DH told me tonight that he wants me to wear the e-ring by itself for a while. He thinks the wedding band takes away from how awesome the AVC is and all the design work we put into the daisy ring. So... I'll need to let it shine by itself for a while, and maybe wear the 6-stone with my plain platinum band on other days.

stci said:
OMG! This daisy mean a lot! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations! :appl:
Thank you, Stci! Yes, the daisy turned out to be a very cool way to make this ring extra special! I'm so glad we did it!

Laila619 said:
They are beautiful!! So happy you love them.
Thank you! Me too!! It was a long journey for sure!

ClassyRocks said:
I love your story! You had me on the edge of my chair, cheering you on as was taking it all in!

Your rings are perfect. The AVC is a gorgeous shape on your finger. I love the attention and thought you paid to the gallery, and the significance of the daisy to you and your family. A very classic set! :love: :love: :love:

My Best To You!
I love your story too!! Thank you for the sweet words!

Yssie said:
Your Ering is beautiful, and I LOVE your 6 stone!! I'm not usually one for blingy Ering + blingy band but yours work fabulously together - it must be a total blingfest IRL :sun:

Congrats!!
It IS a total BlingFest (Which is SO my style! LOL) And I, too, was worried that the two rings would be "too much" together. I think they look great, but I'm going to take my DH's suggestion and wear the Daisy ring alone for a while to let it shine! Thank you for the compliments!!

Enerchi said:
oooopssss - So sorry Dougsgirl about your mom and the "would" vs "will"... :oops: I'm VERY glad she is only a mile away and will enjoy this with you!! Im sorry about that big boo boo ... (soooooo embarrassed!!) :oops:

That is so sweet of you to say! If there was a PM, I'd be more than happy to chat :bigsmile: Maybe one day....

Loving those nails! roooooWWWWrrrr - black for Mr Dougsgirl, eh??? :Up_to_something:
Silly Girl!! Don't be embarrassed!! I don't think I was ever clear about that and it would be an easy thing to assume!
And Yes... Mr. Dougsgirl is a feisty one... wanna see a picture?? This is us on his 40th birthday in Vegas, just a couple of weeks ago.

He's a keeper!! :naughty: :love:

woofmama said:
OMG-That is one beautiful set! I love the daisy detail and your AVC is gorgeous :love: :love: :love:
Greenlake did a phenomial job and your nails are way cool!!!
Thank you so much! I am very impressed with Greenlake and they were very patient with me!!
And I'm glad you like the nails... they are fun this time of year and they make me feel sassy! :wink2:

Spesh2011 said:
Wow, Wow, Wow!!!! :love: :love: :love:
Thank you!!

MissGotRocks said:
Wow - what an upgrade! I love the rings and I love them together though I'm not usually one for a blingy ering AND wedding band. You did a fabulous job and I'm so glad you were able to incorporate all of the important things together for these rings!

They are really fabulous - enjoy!

PS - I'm voting for a beautiful pink color for your next manicure - would look divine with these new rings - ha!!
Thank you so much for the sweet compliments! Yes, it is much more of an upgrade than I ever imagined!! And LOL about the nails!! I know the black is not for everyone. But my DH sure loves it! :naughty: I usually have french on my fingers and bright pink toes! :love:

susimoo said:
I simply adore your new rings!! The sparkle must be visible from the moon!!!!

Wear those stunners :love: :love: :love: in great health!!

:wavey:
Thank you so much! I am really going to have to be careful to not wreck my car while staring at the amazing sparkle on my hand!! :bigsmile:

AprilBaby said:
STUNNING!!!!
Thank you!!! :love:

diamondseeker2006 said:
I adore AVC's and it looks stunning in that split shank halo!!! :love: :love: :love: The redo on the daisies looks so much better!

The wedding band is gorgeous, too! Congratulations on getting your dream rings!
Thank you, DS!! And thank you also for all of your help and encouragement along the way! I really appreciate it! And I totally agree about the daisies... still small and subtle, but much easier to tell they are flowers! :appl:

natyLad said:
This is my most favourite set EVER :love: :love: :love: It is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT :appl: :appl: :appl: Ahhh...Love it, love it, love it :cheeky: Wear it in good health :appl:
Awwwww.... You are a sweetheart!! Thank you SO much!! I am so glad you love it... That makes me happy! :love:

decodelighted said:
WOW. SUPER BLINGY and delicious! LOVE!
Woot Woot!! Love me some BLING!! Thank you!!

chiquitapet said:
WOW!! What an amazing set!
Also, i love your nails and your photography skills are excellent!! Congratulations!
:appl: :appl:
Wow... thank you so much!! It is definitely hard to capture the sparkle on film, glad you like the photos! (And the NAILS! LOL) Thank you for the kind words!

Mrs. W 514 said:
ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!! :love: :love: :love: I love your rings together and the daisy detail is so perfect and beautiful.

Here are some spacer ideas, I'm not sure what metal your rings are but I assume the below rings can be made in any metal :wavey:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/66462716/thin-14k-white-gold-wedding-band-solid?ref=usr_faveitems

http://www.etsy.com/listing/83808860/knife-edge-spacer-band-in-14k-gold-with?ref=usr_faveitems
Thank you so much for the compliments!! And I will definitely check out those links! Thank you for the suggestions!

dougsbday.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

Dougsgirl! I AM SOO HAPPY FOR YOU! It's here!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: and it couldn't be any more perfect!

The ring is absolutely incredible and your 6-stone band is so sentimental and sweet!

I'm always so jealous of SMTB threads with AVRs or OMCs! :tongue:

Amazing! JUST amazing!

So, you're 4 hours away from Greenlake, I'm 3 hours away. Whenever you feel like your hand needs a break from that rock of your's, just give me a holler and I will meet you halfway! Heck, I'll drive the whole way just to see your ring in real life! Or we can trade :naughty:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love it, love the daisies and the story behind them. That ring is an heirloom in waiting - a keeper :naughty: for sure!

ETA - you must have been barely of legal age when you married!

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock

YayTacori|1349502221|3280417 said:
Dougsgirl! I AM SOO HAPPY FOR YOU! It's here!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: and it couldn't be any more perfect!

The ring is absolutely incredible and your 6-stone band is so sentimental and sweet!

Amazing! JUST amazing!

So, you're 4 hours away from Greenlake, I'm 3 hours away. Whenever you feel like your hand needs a break from that rock of your's, just give me a holler and I will meet you halfway! Heck, I'll drive the whole way just to see your ring in real life! Or we can trade :naughty:

Thank you, Thank YOU!!! You are such a sweetie!! And yes... I am SO thankful it's finally HERE!! :appl:
I think a jewelry play-date is an excellent idea!! :D And maybe we should just start a co-op where all members can "jewelry share"!! :naughty: I think that is the next million-dollar idea, if you ask me! Kinda like "rent the runway". Hehehe

We live just south of Portland. Where are you guys??
And thank you for the sweet compliments... I am so glad you like it!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SWOON!!!!! What a beautiful set, with such meaning and heritage behind it. I'm so happy for you! :love:

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock

VRBeauty|1349502789|3280424 said:
Love it, love the daisies and the story behind them. That ring is an heirloom in waiting - a keeper :naughty: for sure!

ETA - you must have been barely of legal age when you married!

Thank you, VRB!! My heartfelt desire was to create an heirloom. I hope it will be loved for a long time!
And yes... I was 20 and DH was 21 when we were married. I had 3 kids by the time I was 22!! I would not recommend going that route, but I'm sure thankful NOW to be a young mom with older kids. They are a blast!! (And my DH is still super sexy... so that is a bonus! :naughty: )

D

Deactivated member 42515

Dougsgirl|1349502986|3280427 said:
YayTacori|1349502221|3280417 said:

Amazing! JUST amazing!

Thank you, Thank YOU!!! You are such a sweetie!! And yes... I am SO thankful it's finally HERE!! :appl:
I think a jewelry play-date is an excellent idea!! :D And maybe we should just start a co-op where all members can "jewelry share"!! :naughty: I think that is the next million-dollar idea, if you ask me! Kinda like "rent the runway". Hehehe

We live just south of Portland. Where are you guys??
And thank you for the sweet compliments... I am so glad you like it!!

Awwwww... you're four hours in the other direction! I live on the east side of the Cascades! But I do drive to Seattle often because I grew up there so we gotta make another date for a GTG before the weather gets too bad and I can't get over the pass! And I gotta see your ring in real life! I love that slight split shank and that delicate halo and the daisy!

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock

KristyDarling|1349503224|3280430 said:
SWOON!!!!! What a beautiful set, with such meaning and heritage behind it. I'm so happy for you! :love:

Thank you so much!! I love things from my family that have emotional and/or historical significance. My sincere desire was to create a ring that would have both, and that it would be passed down for generations. I hope that happens!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results