shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s finally done!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

haunani

Rough_Rock
In the midst of living through endless experiences of Murphy''s law, the ring is finally finished.
9.gif

The basic idea of the ring is based on a Scott Kay design, but with colored stones. The center is a 5.3mm white sapphire. Next are the 3mm aquamarine, then the swiss and london blue topazes, both 2.5mm. Oh yeah... it''s white gold and yes, I have VERY large fingers
9.gif

Carmen1.jpg

haunani

Rough_Rock
Now all I have to do is wait for it to get here!!

Oh yeah, I can't believe I almost forgot! The ring was done for me by Michael E. of The Gem Shoppe in Washington state, who was wonderful to work with.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Haunani, that's lovely, congratulations! MichaelE has been really making a name for himself. Quiet but effective type of work ethic. Works for me.

All the best.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
haunani

The ring was definitely worth the wait!

Were the colors/types of stones your idea? If so, they are a tribute to your excellent taste!

Wear it always in health and love!

win

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful and unique ring. I love the simple lines of the setting, combined with the colors!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice ring style and I really like the colors that you used. You must get a lot of compliments.
10.gif

haunani

Rough_Rock
winyan - Yes, the colors and stone types were my idea. The selections morphed over a period of about 6 months before finally ending up with the choices that I made.

lop - Thank you. Simple designs and clean lines are what I'm always drawn towards. They suit me better b/c I'm more of a 'no-fuss' type of person.

caratgirl - I hope I get some compliments on it after I get it (hopefully tomorrow!!)

The idea for the ring had been floating around in my mind since about May-June of last year. It took forever to finally find a style that I felt fit the image I had in my mind. Based on the pictures I'm VERY happy with how it turned out
9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!
I love your ring!!!!!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Very interesting stones & design! I like it!
9.gif
1.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like your choice of side stones, That design is very unique.. Congrats!
wavey.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that ring looks like a cool blue volcano. So beautiful, and nothing like everybody else's rings.

I wonder what it would be like in yellow gold, with rubies & orange & yellow sapphires?

bling

Shiny_Rock
Very beautiful ring! I love it. I was actually thinking of doing something similiar but with all different color saphires..since im a september girl.. your ring has once again inspired me! Enjoy it and wear in good health!
appl.gif
naughty.gif
9.gif

haunani

Rough_Rock
glitterata - Thank you! I bet it would look gorgeous
4.gif
with those "hot" colors. I went with the "cold" colors just b/c they look better on me (and my favorite color is blue
9.gif
) The thing I like the most about it is that it is different from other rings, but still has a classic look to it. Most of me is that way - classic with a slight twist!

bling - We might be getting a band made to go with it, which I'm thinking of getting sapphires in the band, as I'm also a September girl! This ring started out with a blue sapphire center, but I fell in love with the dark color of the london blue topaz and definitely wanted to have aquamarine in the ring (I like what it stands for in relationships) and didn't think the color progression would work with a blue sapphire since all the sides would be more of an aqua family, so I decided to go with a white sappphire. That way I could still have my sapphire in the ring.

The ring arrived on Saturday
9.gif
and all I can say is WOW! Those pictures don't do it justice. I ended up with a really nice sapphire and it is more sparkly and throws more color than some of the average cut diamonds of my co-workers! They all think it's a diamond and their jaws hit the floor when I tell them it's really a $45 sapphire
11.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Wow great setting...love the look of the 1/2 bezel very unique

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful!!
love.gif
Thrilled that you loved it even more in person!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results