shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s DONE!!!!!! Thank you all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ff

Shiny_Rock
Quick note!!!

She left the house and have seen it in daylight... wow!!!!!!!!! And I thought I was excited before!!!!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

I''ll definitely respond to all of your great individual comments a bit later and will post more photos too.

I''m writing up the entire journey from start to finish (summary) as I learned a lot of things during it. I''m hoping the next person that starts the journey where I did (knowing nothing!!!
33.gif
) can gain from it. And the rest of you should definitely find it amusing! I''ve even put in a confession that should get me in trouble with some hard core diamond lovers here. [=) Don''t worry though! I learned from my mistake before I made it!!!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
All ended well.
21.gif
21.gif

Back to writing it and then to go take some photos. Then I''ll be back!
21.gif
21.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love it!! I love the diamond/sapphire combo...I can''t wait to see more pics!!!
30.gif
BTW, what kind of wedding band will she wear??

ff

Shiny_Rock
Ok gang! Here it is... I've done a quick
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
writeup of the journey to get this put together. Scary to think this is the abridged version... it seems to go fast but this was over a span of months with sometimes long anxious waits between steps.
20.gif

I hope you enjoy the read and please be kind... None of us are perfect.
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

Will post photos later. I also have some good photos comparing the initial sapphires I had with the ones I got from Wink side-by-side before setting so that you can see the difference I talk about.

ff

Shiny_Rock
Time to catch up on responses
21.gif
21.gif
:

Everyone: Thank you so much for all your positive words and huge compliments. It really warms the heart and makes a guy feel great. You are all awesome.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I promise I''ll post more of pictures.
21.gif
21.gif

Diane5006: I''m completely with you.
21.gif
I think the sapphire sides give a contrast that is incredible and make the diamond look even better!
21.gif

Kaleigh: Thanks! I''m also pretty sure she will.
21.gif
21.gif
I did very small tricks here and there to get out of her what she would love. Tricky to do so without ever giving it away.
21.gif

gailrmv: You asked for me to tell you more so you got it! Beware!!!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
Read the PDF I posted... it really covers the whole journey. I normally would never post that much details but you have all been so open and sharing and have taught me so much that I would feel bad not doing it in return.
21.gif
Hopefully it can help the next person that comes along and says, how do I start?!?!?

Lindsey: Glad to hear I converted you!!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
Now I know I did a great job.
21.gif
21.gif
And yes, I''m super happy with the setting. I''ve looked at so many that I almost got jaded and figured you just have to "settle" for something. Ended up getting exactly what I wanted without any settling.
21.gif
21.gif

Tacori E-ring: I assure you... I''m the lucky one.
21.gif
21.gif

Linda: As I warned gailrmv... you asked for more info and got it!! ha ha ha.
21.gif
21.gif

Beacon: Same warning. That PDF should teach you all to ask for the story and more details.
21.gif
21.gif

SuzyQZ: Thanks!
21.gif
21.gif
And yes the excitement is through the roof. It''s all the fault of everyone at PS! The contagious excitment started with all of you!!!
21.gif
21.gif
And yes that is a big burning hole...
21.gif
21.gif
Luckily I''ll be able to report back sometime within the next couple of months... I can''t be too specific as it''s a big secret.
21.gif
21.gif

bling*diva*: Have no idea yet about the wedding band. I figure I''ll wait to do that part of the experience together with her. I made sure to choose a setting though that would allow for quite a few options there.

Again, thank you everyone for all your fantastic feedback! I am floored.
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, it is absolutely perfect! Love the color! Can''t wait to see more pics!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Wow the difference in the sapphires- like night and day! The ring is beautiful! Congratulations
1.gif

ff

Shiny_Rock
Hi lisaC! Definitely a huge difference. Here''s some of the photos I said I was going to put up which really demonstrates it.

This first photo is in low light. Already noticeable but not huge.

lowlight.jpg

ff

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the same two pairs but add a little light into the equation. The left pair from Wink (original source pala) lights right up!

somelight.jpg

ff

Shiny_Rock
Here''s something neat. I normally don''t use a flash but I took a photo of each pair with the flash on purpose just to see what would happen. The result was a major difference. Notice how much more light is returned from the second pair which is Wink.

attached pair 1 photo.

sapphires1.jpg

ff

Shiny_Rock
here is the second pair with the flash.

sapphireswink.jpg

ff

Shiny_Rock
Again, from a non-expert viewpoint, the biggest difference between these two seems to be the polish. The cuts look really great on both, they're super close in size, the color is also really close. It just one seems to have a rough finish so light can't get in and out as easily and the other almost has a mirror finish so super clear.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell Garry!!!!
25.gif
25.gif
25.gif
but I did take some loupe photos too. I didn't use them to pick which ones I liked best (that was obvious) but more to understand better why one pair looked so much better. I'll definitely have to go pickup a bullet-proof vest before I try posting those though!!!
21.gif
25.gif
21.gif
25.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I saw the pictures of the sapphires, I knew right away which ones are the new ones from Wink. The blue is so intense yet not dark. Great ring, great sapphires!

ff

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a photo of the ones from Wink in the lighted scope my setter was using. This photo is purely for fun but came out so cool.

UnderLightedScope.jpg

ff

Shiny_Rock
Some photos!
21.gif
21.gif
These were some quick ones after she left to work this morning. Not artistic but simply so that you can see all angles. Will definitely take much better ones later I promise. Enjoy!
21.gif
21.gif

FFtop.jpg

ff

Shiny_Rock
Angled photo.

FFangle.jpg

ff

Shiny_Rock
Side Photo.

FFside.jpg

ff

Shiny_Rock
Some more natural lighting.

IMG_8273x500.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
SIGH!!! It''s so beautiful!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

ff

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Kaleigh!
21.gif
You''re awesome.
21.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, the sapph pair from Wink is beautiful!!!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
ff:
After reading your story "The Road" the ring looks even more beautiful to me because now I know its history. Can''t wait to see how you decide to make the proposal! You are right, you''ll have a hard time getting that ring away from her to take pictures. She will be soooo surprised its more that she could have ever imagined!!
Thank you for sharing.

P.S. I love your inscription!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
oh is that ring gorgeous. I love sapphires and diamonds together and those sapphires are super bright and the perfect color!!! Any girl would love to have that ring. Great job!
emsmile.gif

4themrs

Rough_Rock
Beautiful Ring!
ff, I am not sure if I am suppose to ask here, but I am looking at getting a ring to surprise my wife and I was wondering where you got the ring and what your experience was during the selection, buying process.
Thanks!

ff

Shiny_Rock
FireGoddess: I can't agree more!
21.gif
Wink did a fantastic job tracking those down and he had them to my door in under two days. Astounding!
21.gif

SuzyQZ: I'm glad you like the history behind it.
21.gif
There were definitely some very tense moments here throughout.
21.gif
21.gif
And when it comes to the proposal, I have it all planned out and she sees none of it coming... it's actually just about as elaborate as the ring and has taken just as much planning.
21.gif
Let's just say I've gotten a lot of great info from those threads about taking a ring through airport security.
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
In terms of the inscription, thanks! I don't think I posted what I actually put but I'm guessing you liked that it included the infinity symbols.
21.gif

diamondsrock: Thanks!
21.gif
I have Wink to thank for those sapphires.
21.gif

4themrs: I'm sure you're wife will love the surprise! And I'm more than happy to share any info. I can with you. Without everyone's help here, I would have never put this one together.
21.gif
21.gif

Then let me know anything I might have missed that you'd like to know. I pretty much listed the source for all the pieces there. Good luck!
21.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

All that is missing are hand shots!

cheers--Sharon

ff

Shiny_Rock
Thanks canuk-gal (Sharon
21.gif
) ! I''ll definitely make sure to post some after I propose. Might be a bit too dangerous beforehand to sneak it on her finger at night while she''s sleeping and take a quick flash photo.
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

"go back to sleep honey. you must have been dreaming about paparazi or something..."
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
ff,

I say this from my heart. Your ring is much more beautiful than my Tiffany''s 3 stone ring. And your sapphire''s look brighter than mine too. Your ring is truly gorgeous. I LOVE the design of it.

Linda

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I just love your 3 stone ring. I happen to love, love, love sapphires. And I can''t wait to see hand pics. Good job!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks ff, I enjoyed reading your epistle on your experience. I also appreciated that you took such good care of your local jeweler and his staff, that shows a LOT of class in my book. I always feel that it is important to have a good local jeweler to take care of you if you can.

You commented that you are surprised that I am so open about Pala being one of my sources. It is to my benefit, and yours, that they do well, so I am happy to share their name. They are consistently able to help me get excellent quality gems for my clients and helping them will only mean that they continue to be able to help me. It is a wonderful synergy that I have with many of my vendors.

Nice job with the photos! I always have a hard time with sapphires and rubies, but you made it look pretty easy.

Wink

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
those pictures are amazing.
They really capture the beauty of your ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results