shape
carat
color
clarity

Is three sided pave a good Idea?

eiger

Rough_Rock
Is three-sided pave a good idea? Does it look worse with daily use (and daily dirt) than just having some larger pave stones running along the top of the band? What do I need to know to make a good choice?

I compared two rings: one with three sided pave and small stones vs one with pave on just one side of the ring with larger stones. I loved the little sparkle and twinkle of the three-sided pave, but I worry that if it gets just a little bit dirty it will look like tin foil.

Anyone have experience with this?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE three sided pave. I will share my experiences with you. I have a very narrow, (2mm) hand forged ring, and a wider cast piece made by Martin Flyer. My narrow e-ring has sustained some bent edging. I have treated it gently. But I do wear it quite a bit. My wider Martin flyer has not had any damage to it at all. It is a much heavier piece.

If you love three sided pave-go for it. I wouldnt have been satisfied with anything else. Hopefully, the damage to the top edge of my ring csn be fixed. If you are one of the ladies who don't like to take your ring off, and want to wear it all of the time, I would get the three sided pave a bit wider and go for a cast piece. You lose a little bit of the delicateness but gain in durability.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's fine if you are wearing the ring alone. If you plan to wear two or more rings, I wouldn't recommend it because the rings can damage each other.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results