shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this too much for one hand?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decapr

Rough_Rock

In January I upgraded my solitaire setting to a Scott Kay set. I am having a real hard time adjusting to the new ‘bling’. It’s a big change! Before I had a solitare (.88ctw) and a very small channel set band. I wanted to change the set to plantinum and maybe some stones on either side of the solitaire. We went back to the store we bought the stone from close to 20 years ago and bought this Scott Kay set. While it’s gorgeous, I wonder if it’s ‘too much’ on one finger (I’m petite 5 feet 95 pounds) and am pretty casual. When I look at/wear each ring by itself it’s certainly not too much. I tried to get a hand shot but I just can’t get a clear picture with my camera. What would you think of making the e-ring a rhr? Wish I could try it out but my right finger is a whole size larger! My husband thinks I’m crazy…but I think it would showcase each ring by itself, give me a rhr and keep the rings from wearing on each other. Is it tacky to put your erring on your right hand? It’s not good to keep resizing rings so I want to make the right decision. I couldn''t copy the pictures so I attached the links. The e-ring has my .88 in the center with .68 tcw on the sides the wedding ring is 1 ctw. Do you think it''s to omuch for one finger? Do people turn their e-rings into rhr''s?

e-ring http://www.solomonbrothers.com/Search/JewelrySearchDetails.asp?sSKU=89290

wedding ring http://www.solomonbrothers.com/Search/JewelrySearchDetails.asp?sSKU=73099

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even bad pictures would give us a look at the size of both rings together. Some people do wear their ering on their right hand and a wedding band on the left.

I personally want my ering and wedding band on my left hand. I have a five stone band for a RHR. Maybe you should try your ering with a plain band - not so much bling - and wear the band on your right hand.

I am sure because it is a matched set it looks beautiful together. Different from what you're accustomed to for sure but beautiful just the same. You chose a beautiful set - many folks would love to have it! I would try wearing the set together for awhile before I resized anything. Diamond shrinkage sets in quickly - in no time you would be used to it and wonder why you ever thought it was big to begin with! Happens all the time.

Please post the pics that you have - easier to visualize.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I think you can wear your e-ring as a RHR if you want to, but definitely not too much bling for one hand, IMO.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a great looking set. I''d wear it together!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
oh, I think it is absolutely beautiful. I would wear it together.
Have you been wearing a solitaire/plain band for the 20 yrs you''ve been married? If so, it will take some time to get used to the new bling...
31.gif
31.gif

Of course, it is all about what makes you comfortable, so wear together or separate!

decapr

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/25/2006 9:08:14 AM
Author: Sophie
Have you been wearing a solitaire/plain band for the 20 yrs you''ve been married? If so, it will take some time to get used to the new bling...
31.gif
31.gif

Of course, it is all about what makes you comfortable, so wear together or separate!
Yes I did wear the other solitaire/plain band for so long. I''ve had this one for 4 months though so shouldn''t I be used to it by now? It looks allot like yours (I assume that''s yours in the pic to the left...it''s very pretty), except mine is a shared prong, so it doesn''t show the metal of the channel set. It is a very pretty set I just don''t want to be flashy.

Skylah

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, I second getting us a not-so-good photo of the set on your hand. I personally don''t think it''s too much, casual dresser or not.
emsmile.gif

diamond_quester

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful set! I''ve tried it on before and LOVED it! I was actually considering the wedding band to wear alone. It was one of my favorite 5-stone bands out there.
1.gif
One reason I liked it so much was because it was substantial enough to wear alone. I think it would show off those rings better to wear one on each hand, because each is lovely on its own and the detail can get lost when you wear them together. But they are not "too much" worn together, if you can get used to it.

Relinking pictures:
89290.JPG

73099.JPG

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
wwwoooooooooooooo.... your new e-ring is to-die-for!
I LOVE it!

How long have you been wearing the new set? Easiest thing is to just wear it a little longer and see how you feel.
No pressure with that option!
And, yes, i absolutely thing you can wear that as a RHR.
It''s got a lot of presence, beautiful to look at from every angle, substantial.

To answer your question, No, I Don''t think it is too much bling on your left hand.

real decisive, eh? I think it would work beautifully EITHER WAY

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
oops, i was slow to hit the "submit" button and i see you answered my question-
you''ve worn it 4 months...

certainly, if you are still not happy with the look, it''s been long enought to consider a change.

I''ve also thougth about getting a 3-stone ring someday and I am considering it as a RHR, too.
So I already think it''s not only OK, but desirable.

decapr

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/25/2006 10:02:44 AM
Author: diamond_quester
Beautiful set! I''ve tried it on before and LOVED it! I was actually considering the wedding band to wear alone. It was one of my favorite 5-stone bands out there.
1.gif
One reason I liked it so much was because it was substantial enough to wear alone. I think it would show off those rings better to wear one on each hand, because each is lovely on its own and the detail can get lost when you wear them together. But they are not ''too much'' worn together, if you can get used to it.

Relinking pictures:
89290.JPG

73099.JPG
Thanks for posting the pictures, I couldn''t get them to show up! Each ring is very pretty by itself which was one of the reasons I was thinking of making it a rhr. Also can''t get used to all those diamonds on one little finger!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/25/2006 9:39:10 AM
Author: decapr

Date: 4/25/2006 9:08:14 AM
Author: Sophie
31.gif
31.gif

Yes I did wear the other solitaire/plain band for so long. I''ve had this one for 4 months though so shouldn''t I be used to it by now? It looks allot like yours (I assume that''s yours in the pic to the left...it''s very pretty), except mine is a shared prong, so it doesn''t show the metal of the channel set. It is a very pretty set I just don''t want to be flashy.

Yes, that is my set, which I love and wear the set together always.....bling bling!!! hahaa We own a campground, (I was a teacher when we were engaged and then first got married)... So now, I am in shorts and jeans and flip flops most of the time. It doesnt'' bother me, at all....hehehe

I loveeeeee your shared prong set and in some ways wish I had chosen that! Even though I am not a huge fan of RB''s (Though I think i am changing) I love love your set.......

Oh, and since you wore your set for 20 yrs, comparatively, 4 months is not much time at all. I hope you enjoy every moment of it!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I can relate to what you are saying.
As much as I love, love, love the bling- there is a limit to what I can personally wear.

I rarely wear my eternity band on my left hand with my e-ring and neither of them is particularly large by ps standards.
I usually wear the eternity ring as a RHR (Lucklily my RHR finger size is not as different as yours are)

I think the 3 stone ring you have is so gorgeous all by itself that it will make a wonderful RHR.
And you still have your blingy wedding band!
nice options!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally I love the set and think it would look beautiful together as well as separate if you feel it''s a little to flashy for you when together.
1.gif

orange_horse_fiance

Rough_Rock
My vte is stack ''em up on one finger!!! I am sure they fabulous as a pair! I think even with amore causal, relaxed life you get away with it....You should see the way I run around half the time with all sorts of sparkles on!!! You only live once, might as well "bling bling" your way through it!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
D,

Though it is not too much sparkle on one finger, I opt to wear them separate just because the gallery on each of the ring
is so so pretty (especially when you got that surprise diamond on the sdie) I think it would be a shame to have those
galleries blocked.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Ain''t no such thing
as too much bling
2.gif

decapr

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the feedback~! You guys are great and so helpful
1.gif
I wish my right hand finger was the same size, then I could try it out without having it resized. It''s a good size bigger though. I am getting more used to it than I was initially...at first I was like OMG! I can''t wear this out! I"ll be mugged! Diamond shrinkage has of course happened because it''s not nearly as big as it seemed originally. Still allot though and when I see my friends/neighbors with their original rings, gold solitaire with gold band I feel self conscious self-indulgent!
I think I''ll wait a bit and see just to be sure since I have to have it resized to make it a rhr, I do agree that each ring is pretty by itself it''s a shame to stack them. I imagine though they are supposed to be stacked. So sparkly when together very pretty. I wish I could get a semi-clear picture to post.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I think that is a gorgeous ring, and you are not indulgent at all. Please don''t feel that way! I totally understand your feelings though, I just reset my princess diamond into a VERRRRRRRRRRRRY blingy setting, and even though the main diamond remains the same, the effect is so HUGE! I was very self conscious for a few days, but then I realized that my ring is just as sparkly as my outlook, so gosh durned it...I deserve it! (said in Stuart Smiley-esque voice)

Don''t worry about your friends, if they truly love you, they won''t begrudge you upgrading your setting.

Wear it in good health!

Jeannine

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2006 12:13:11 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Personally I love the set and think it would look beautiful together as well as separate if you feel it''s a little to flashy for you when together.
1.gif
Ditto!

Shawna13

Rough_Rock
I tried on that set about a month ago. I thought it looked fabulous. Yes... it''s pretty "blingy", but so beautiful.... especially the side profile. Yummy!
I tried on the set with an even larger stone in the centre of the e-ring and I thought it looked fine on me... and I''m a pretty small person with size 5 ring finger.

Even my fiance who normally doesn''t like very "flashy" or "blingy" jewellery commented that it was a lot of diamonds, but didn''t look "too much".

Beautiful!

decapr

Rough_Rock
It does look like allot of diamonds, but they really aren''t that big if you look at them separately. Anyway I got a picture of it on my finger but have been trying for the last half hour to get it to upload. I read the instructions and I can''t drag it and when I attach file it doesn''t show in the preview.....I''ll try attaching the file but I don''t think it''ll work.

jappa2.jpg

lili

Ideal_Rock
Look at all those flashes!
Very nice. It is definitely not too showy.
Beautiful set.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
decapr, I know exactly what you mean. While I agree with the other replies I read, it is a gorgeous set, and by most people's standards (at least here on PS!
2.gif
), not too blingy for one hand, I also tried that set on and liked the rings better individually. I always feel like it's a weird quirk of mine, but I love a diamond band like that one, and I like an e-ring like with that amount of bling, but when I put them together, I also feel like it's too much for one finger. (And I also feel like my center stone gets 'lost' in all the other diamonds.) So anyway, I think either way would work as others said, but if you feel more comfortable wearing them on separate hands, that's what I would do. (And sort of what I am going to do when I get my diamond reset.)

(Incidentally, my DH didn't seem to think it was too much bling.)

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it''s too much for one hand. My rings are similar to yours except I have a 3 stones ering. I love the blings. Your set is very pretty and super sparkly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results