shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing Isla: HFG antique cushion from Jewels by Grace

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I've been holding out on my HFG (holy freaking grail) cushion that Grace (Jewels by Grace) and Anup (Jogani BH) obtained for me earlier this year. It's been quite the journey but strongly feel that this journey has come to an end. After 9 months of looking (and 4 years of figuring out what I really wanted in an antique cushion), they found my HFG cushion and it's the first diamond that actually made me gasp when I opened up the diamond paper. She is absolutely stunning and has that flowery faceting pattern that I've been craving in an antique cushion in a higher color. If your "unicorn" or "holy grail" diamond exists, I am sure that Grace or Anup can find it... and if they can't, it doesn't exist ! They actually came in under my original budget for my cushion and I would have loved to have found a GIA H (that's what my budget would have allowed), but alas, that wasn't in the cards for me.

I've been waffling on setting her as I NEED to get this setting right, for both my sanity and my husband's. But the setting will have to come later, we spent quite a bit of our "play money" on trying to save Tori, my first rescue dog and a senior at that when we adopted her 5 years ago. I still am grieving her loss and it's only been 2 weeks since she passed. But I'd give anything to have her back in a heartbeat, if that were at all possible.

Here is Isla in all her glory!

img_3898.jpg
img_4620.jpg
img_0822_0.jpg
img_3546.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNnZDMTBYlc

Stats: 3.02 carats GIA I, Si1 (eye-clean)
9.45 mm X 8.83 mm
No fluor (would've loved medium to strong, but hey, the faceting is spot on).

She is incredibly hard to photograph, hard to capture the way the facets are arranged to my eyes. Tried my best !

Q

Queenie60

Re: Introducing Isla: HFG antique cushion from Jewels by Gra

It's gorgeous ! Congratulations

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ROL, so you're the one who got her. I am stunned at how beautiful she is. :love: :love: :love: I saw her when Grace posted her on IG. She is sooooooo beautiful!! Congratulations on finding your HFG. I can't wait to see her in the setting you design for her.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

absolutely amazing!! Truly cant wait to see how you decide to have her set. :appl: :love:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Oh my word - what a beautiful stone! Looks like she's more than worth your long search.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

She's spectacular! Congrats on finding your HFG stone!

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock

ROL: she is breathtaking. Congratulations! What a happy and stunning ending!

I'm very sorry to hear, however, about your dog! I can't imagine your heartbreak. Hang in there!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I too am very sorry to hear about your dog; those losses are so heartbreaking!! Hope each day gets a bit easier for you. . .

Your new diamond is really beautiful though - I too will be anxious to see it set! Finding the one is not easy but when it's good it's all good and so worth it!!

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock

I'm sorry about your sweet doggie. That's so hard.

Isla is absolutely beyond stunning. Gorgeous. I can't wait to see how you set her.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So sorry to hear about your dog. That's such a loss.

Your stone indeed looks amazing. What a great find. Looking forward to see how you will set it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hugs for losing your precious doggie! :((

You already know I LOVE :love: your antique cushion and I know how very hard great ones are to find! But it is WELL worth the wait to find the perfect one! (And you are a lot like me in that deciding on the setting is even harder than finding the stone!)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ROL, I am so sorry about losing Tori. Losing a furbaby is so hard. Hugs.

Your new stone is gorgeous! It is perfect in every way. I love everything about it. I have not really wanted to jump on the OEC train, but your stone makes me won't too! ( I am more of a MRB girl). Wow, so perfect!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful gem. Antique cushions have my heart, and this is a true lovely. Congratulations, enjoy Isla- loved the video she seems very captivating to behold!

I am sorry for the loss of your dear pet.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

I forgot to add that I am (a nerd, admittedly, for feeling this way) but I am COMPLETELY psyched to see how you set this beauty.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful!!!! :love: :love: :love:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Droooooooool!!! :lickout: This is definitely my idea of a *perfect* antique cushion, as well! :appl: Can't wait to see how you set her!!

And I'm sorry to hear about your loss...it's always so hard to lose a great friend :((

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

I'm very sorry for your loss Tori must have been an amazing girl. I know you will carry her in your heart forever. Hugs!

Isla is breathtaking! :love: Such beautiful faceting! She is a stunner! :appl: :appl: :appl:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gasp!!! Isla is outright stunning!!!! Congratulations on finding her ::) .

So sorry about Tori. Big hugs to you.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

My jaw is on the floor. What an amazing diamond! Congratulations! And big hugs about your doggie. <3

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rescue dogs do make the best companions (as we rescued our beloved dog as well who passed away a few years ago)! So sorry for your recent loss...

It is bittersweet that you found your holy grail "Isla"--wear her in the best of health (in whatever setting you do eventually end up choosing)!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow! I should say Isla's faceting is spot on! Doesn't get any better than that. :love: What a roller coaster of joy and heartbreak for you.
I'm so sorry for your loss of Tori. Our greif is as strong as our love for our fur babies ;( Hugs ROL

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I am so sorry about Tori. The heartbreak of losing a fur baby is awful.

Isla Is gorgeous. Congratulations on wonderful find and I hope you have many years of enjoyment from her beauty.

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock

Woah, that is beautiful. I can't wait to see how you set it (someday).

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock

Wow Wee! I'm not sure that diamond will ever stop sparkling!! :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stunning stone, congrats, can't wait to see how you set it!!!! And sorry about your dog!!!!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

Queenie60 said:
It's gorgeous ! Congratulations
Thanks Queenie!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

LLJsmom|1476775216|4088148 said:
ROL, so you're the one who got her. I am stunned at how beautiful she is. :love: :love: :love: I saw her when Grace posted her on IG. She is sooooooo beautiful!! Congratulations on finding your HFG. I can't wait to see her in the setting you design for her.

I've been a BADDDD PSer I've had her since March and didn't post about her till now :-o

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

acaw2015|1476776243|4088150 said:
absolutely amazing!! Truly cant wait to see how you decide to have her set. :appl: :love:

All I know of surely is a halo (I was never a solitaire girl, but I suppose if I had a 5 carat honker I could always be persuaded :naughty: )

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

lissyflo|1476780677|4088167 said:
Oh my word - what a beautiful stone! Looks like she's more than worth your long search.

Oh she definitely was worth it and I cannot thank Grace or Anup enough for putting up with my picky a$$ ways.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

yennyfire|1476783788|4088169 said:
She's spectacular! Congrats on finding your HFG stone!

Thank you! I adore your old cut oval and I hope you're going to the gtg next year so I can fawn over it again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results