shape
carat
color
clarity

Input Please - Gap Between Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I know this has been discussed before, but I would like input on my specific set. Because of the elongated shape of my cushion, there is a gap between my e-ring and the matching band. I like it, I think... We are not married yet, so I''m not sure if the gap will bother me once I am wearing the band daily.

What do you guys think, looks-wise? It''s not the best pic, but what do you think about the gap???

cushspace.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I don't mind gaps--my rings never sit flush(I actually like mine to gap), but if it starts to bug you, you could get spacer band--maybe a custom job that would leave a space for the underside of your cushion.
Coati

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I think it all comes down to personal preference, but I actually like a gap - I feel showing a bit of skin between diamond bands is shexi
31.gif
. I think your set looks lovely and you would be able to wear the band alone.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I like the gap, but why is there a gap? Is the cushion set that low? Flat on your finger? Beautiful set!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
To me, it depends on the set. I like yours!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the gap with super-thin bands like yours! I have a three stone emerald cut e-ring, and my original setting had a cut-out in the basket so that the 2mm bands would sit flush, but I didn''t like it and my ring is surrently being re-made and I will have a gap like yours. Why don''t you try wearing your two rings around the house, and look at your hand every so often (or is that bad luck before you are married?)... that''s how I made the decision that I preferred the gap!

Whatever you decide, your set it GORGEOUS!!!!!
30.gif

DD
35.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I prefer gaps as well--anything that sits flush is too matchy-matchy for me. My eternity band doesn''t sit flush with my e-ring. The problem with not sitting flush is that the wedding band almost always eats into the prongs. I noticed that yours will definitely eat into the prongs of your e-ring, so if you think that might bother you you might want to look into getting a spacer. I knew it would happen before I bought my wedding band and don''t mind that it eats into my prongs (most don''t mind), but it is one problem with bands not sitting flush.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I love the gap! My ring set has a gap as well. I just started this thread yesterday on my own wedding set - dunno if you saw it. I like that it''s different, something I don''t see every day. And besides I was NOT about to accept wearing a notched band to match it. I just don''t like the look of a notched band.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Most times I don''t really like a gap between rings, but I absolutely love yours! The gap seems to suit the delicate bands.

sera

Ideal_Rock
I like your set as it is; it''s beautiful! I actually prefer to see some gap so the rings appear as two rings rather than one larger band; I''m having a custom set done and it will have gaps because the band won''t be able to sit perfectly flush, which is what I want anyway. It''s purely personal preference, though.

I love that look. I like the separation between the engagement ring and the wedding ring. If you look on the celebrity threads many do have gaps on bands that are thin like yours. I love your rings! When I was looking at rings originally I did not know it was such a big thing to try to have them sit flush. I just naturally liked the look of a little space between the rings.

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
I have a gap between my rings, and I really like the look a lot. I think your set is lovely as is... I love the delicate look of it!
30.gif

luckyfish

Rough_Rock
i think the gap makes the set look more modern, and i like it! i have a similar set, and my rings gap also... i think it suits the thin bands.

gorgeous rings, btw!
9.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t like a huge gap, but yours looks great! I think that it is a nice look.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I personally love the set...the gap doesn''t bother me at all!

As my grandmother would have said...wear it in good health, darling!

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the positive feedback and compliments!

I agree with many of you that the gap looks good because of the thinness of the bands. Like I said, I like the gap, but I just wanted to make sure it didn''t look odd. I haven''t seen many sets that have gaps in person.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2008 1:27:08 AM
Author: indypitty
Thanks for all the positive feedback and compliments!

I agree with many of you that the gap looks good because of the thinness of the bands. Like I said, I like the gap, but I just wanted to make sure it didn''t look odd. I haven''t seen many sets that have gaps in person.
You haven''t seen many gaps in person because most people don''t have such thin bands, or such big diamonds!
2.gif
Both are good things, so wear that gap with pride! haha

DD
35.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Doesnt look bad to me!!! All I see is sparkle!!!
I would wear them like that in a heart beat!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. I don''t mind a gap and it looks great with your ring set. Would you want to wait until after you marry and possibly part with your ring set IF the gap bothered you? That is something to consider before deciding to wait.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think its a lovely set and the gap looks (in my opinion) like it was meant to be there
9.gif

Carrie

Rough_Rock
I think its personal preference....

Ashley Judd''s wedding set has a gap and I think her set is stunning:

Ering_pave.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it!! Does it bother YOU, though? That''s the important thing to take into consideration.

I think gaps are a little more "in" right now, along with non-matchy-matchy sets and low-set diamonds (sometimes those elements or a combination of the two just automatically translate into a gap). If that means anything to you. This topic came up in the celeb bling thread, because so many of them have gaps, which led to some people asking how to get a gap
1.gif

Anyway, I think it looks great! Beautiful! Enjoy it!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Love the gap! When I first saw your pic, I thought it was one ring. Just beautiful, I think.

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
i''m a nut for symmetry and i think that would look AWSOME with another band up top, matching, and same gap distance. you could start hinting now for an anniversary gift!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I like the gap.....My rings are also non-flush....I thought it would be an issue and I strongly considered re-setting my EC until I found a w-band I LOVED with my e-ring. I realized I didnt mind the gap at all....

Your set is really lovely, I wouldnt change a thing about it!!! Just enjoy!!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results