shape
carat
color
clarity

Increíble: My Whiteflash W Prong is here!!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 10:29:17 AM
Author: blondie
Just beautiful - what a gorgeous setting and diamond of course!
30.gif

Thanks Blondie! :)
35.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I am late, but I have to say that your ring is beautiful!

I will be honest, when I first saw the w-prong setting on WF's site, it really did not jump at me. However viewing it in your pictures, it really does stand out to me now. The setting's design really does showcase your lovely stone very well and the prongs are too cute! Generally, I am not a fan of heart shaped prongs, but these look to be designed to flow with the ring with the purpose of keeping the diamond secure.

Not to be a thread-jacker, but at this point, I am not sure if I want a plain solitaire, or go with something with pave/halo. I love more ornate settings, but I just am not sure if they are 'me' and I am also afraid I will be too tough on them. So, I think I am siding with a solitaire at this point. I am not sure how active you are or how tough you can be on your jewelry, but how would you rate the w-prong in terms of having to worry about it while wearing it? I would want to wear it for daily activities and do not want to worry about my setting constantly.

Also, what is your ring size, your stone looks flipping huge?! Really, your setting is lovely and I hope you continue to enjoy it for years to come...great job!!
36.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2008 1:25:01 PM
Author: omieluv
Sorry I am late, but I have to say that your ring is beautiful!

I will be honest, when I first saw the w-prong setting on WF''s site, it really did not jump at me. However viewing it in your pictures, it really does stand out to me now. The setting''s design really does showcase your lovely stone very well and the prongs are too cute! Generally, I am not a fan of heart shaped prongs, but these look to be designed to flow with the ring with the purpose of keeping the diamond secure.

Not to be a thread-jacker, but at this point, I am not sure if I want a plain solitaire, or go with something with pave/halo. I love more ornate settings, but I just am not sure if they are ''me'' and I am also afraid I will be too tough on them. So, I think I am siding with a solitaire at this point. I am not sure how active you are or how tough you can be on your jewelry, but how would you rate the w-prong in terms of having to worry about it while wearing it? I would want to wear it for daily activities and do not want to worry about my setting constantly.

Also, what is your ring size, your stone looks flipping huge?! Really, your setting is lovely and I hope you continue to enjoy it for years to come...great job!!

36.gif

Thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate that! :) My ring size is 5, BTW. :)

Your question about halo v/ solitaire is one that I myself struggled with when I was going for the re-set. Ultimately, my decision was a bit easier b/c in February my husband gave me a beautiful Tiffany Legacy ring for my 40th b/day and our 10th anniversary. Since I now have a halo on my right hand, I didn''t want to be too "matchy/matchy" with the left hand, and that is why I chose the solitaire. Honestly, I think there is something spectacular about keeping a wedding ring as a solitaire. They are so elegant when done well. A halo is a much blingier look than a solitaire, unless your center stone is 3 carats or something like that in which case it will be blingy even as a solitaire. LOL With a well-set solitaire, you can wear it every day and not worry at all. Halos tend to get bent sometimes, or the pave can fall out.--I say this based on personal experience: My other Tiffany ring (This one is called the Circlet Ring) has shown that the milgraining going around the halo has bent a little over time. It''s not hugely noticeable but the more attention to detail there is in a halo setting, the more chance there is for some of that detail, (like the milgraining for example), to get a little damaged with normal wear and tear. So far my Legacy ring shows no evidence of bending, but I am SUPER CAREFUL with it at all times. Since you can always upgrade later, or get halos for your RHR, maybe you ought to go with a beautiful solitaire in platinum for your E-Ring?

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Isabelle,

Your Legacy ring is absolutely fabulous
30.gif
and I understand where you are coming from. I have a couple of settings of the deco period, which are very ornate and while I enjoy wearing them as RHR''s, I often wondered how a "blingy" e-ring would look. Because I do not wear these rings every day, I am not as worried about pave falling out, however, I plan to wear my e-ring daily. Of course I would take care when wearing my e-ring, I just do not want to be worried constantly that something might happen to it, which is a good indication that a solitaire might be best for me now. I really do like Leon Mege''s classic solitairs, but now I am in love with the w-prong! I am simply driving my BF crazy with all of this.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2008 6:51:04 PM
Author: omieluv
Isabelle,

Your Legacy ring is absolutely fabulous
30.gif
and I understand where you are coming from. I have a couple of settings of the deco period, which are very ornate and while I enjoy wearing them as RHR''s, I often wondered how a ''blingy'' e-ring would look. Because I do not wear these rings every day, I am not as worried about pave falling out, however, I plan to wear my e-ring daily. Of course I would take care when wearing my e-ring, I just do not want to be worried constantly that something might happen to it, which is a good indication that a solitaire might be best for me now. I really do like Leon Mege''s classic solitairs, but now I am in love with the w-prong! I am simply driving my BF crazy with all of this.

I went with WF b/c I thought their work was simply beautiful and as an added bonus they are less expensive than many others out there. (I didn''t want to sink thousands of dollars into a re-set of a solitaire, particularly after I just got my Legacy). But their pave work is as nice as anyone out there. I saw so many rings they had made for people and they were simply exquisite. If you go with WF, ask Sheerah to make sure the guy who did my prongs does yours. He does amazing work. I think you would be really happy with a platinum W prong if you like the way it looks. And they can email you pictures of other people''s as well. Or you can ask Sheerah to give you my email address and I will forward you some pictures that they forwarded to me. Another ring they make that closely approximates W Prong is the Trellis. The difference is that the prongs cross and they are single prongs. The heart prongs on the W Prong make a split prong effect IRL. I can''t stress enough how small the "hearts" are. I can guarantee that no one will say "Oh you have hearts!" when they see it. :) Keep in mind that both Trellis and W Prong are lower settings, meaning your diamond will not sit up high like it would in a Cathedral setting. I MUCH prefer this. But to get a sense of how that would look, head over to Tiffany and try on the Lucida ring. The shank on W Prong and Trellis is not as thin as the micro thin bands some prefer. But personally, I HAD a very thin shank originally. I was so happy to get the thicker shank paired with the two wedding bands. Set in platinum, it makes the diamond look bigger and more substantial. But I have grown to like bigger rings over time. The fact that you are considering a halo makes me think you would too. Please keep us posted with what you decide!! :)
35.gif

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
I love your rings! beautiful- enjoy wearing them.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/29/2008 1:33:35 AM
Author: krisvrn
I love your rings! beautiful- enjoy wearing them.

Thank you krisvrn! It''s been a lot of fun to wear them. I love them and would recommend WF to everyone.

mb418

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/26/2008 10:04:52 AM
Author: Isabelle

Date: 6/25/2008 10:18:04 AM
Author: ahappygirl
Isabelle, I keep returning to this post. Your ring is stunning. I am so glad you love it - you should! It''s a firecracker!
1.gif

Thank you so much!! I really love it too. The excitement of posting pics and talking about the re-cut makes me feel like a fiance all over again. If only I could take 11 years off my face as well! LOL
Congratulations, Isabelle!! Your ring is beautiful and fits your hand perfectly! I am especially happy for you to feel like you are newly engaged (the excitment of looking at the ring every single time and the celebration of the love you and your husband have for each other), lovely!!

More pictures!
30.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, thanks MB! I really love it, even now that some of the newness has worn off. It''s just a wonderful ring, and it stayed in the same type as my original. I think WF did a great job with the craftsmanship; especially the prongs and setting. That became a real obsession point for me. LOL

BTW, how are you enjoying your incredible Lucida now?? I bet you are glad you held on to it! :)

Thanks again for your kind words. :)

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I just saw this thread and your new set is so elegant and pretty! I love the idea of two plain bands on each side! It really lets your stone shine brightly!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
How did I miss this thread before??? Hubba hubba! That ring is a looker!

EthansMom

Rough_Rock
Your ring is simply stunning~ *sigh* If I were you I''d be gazing into it ALL day and night...
"What?? You''re hungry and want dinner?? Jack in the box is around the corner!!!!" "What?? The baby''s dirty??? I think taking a swim in the pool sounds fun right about now!!!... What?? Oh geez whoever said swimming at 10 o''clock at night during winter is bad is SOO retarded, its just an old wives tale!!"

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2008 11:54:30 PM
Author: surfgirl
Wow, I just saw this thread and your new set is so elegant and pretty! I love the idea of two plain bands on each side! It really lets your stone shine brightly!

Thanks Surfgirl! I really appreciate your kind words! I opted for the plain bands just to keep the same theme but a much improved look. I can''t recommend WF enough. I loved working with them.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you EricaR! Thank you Josie! You guys are very kind to say that. :)

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I simply love it!
30.gif
The diamond, the setting and especially the story behind the bands! Congrats!
36.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 11:05:41 AM
Author: AdiS
Oh I simply love it!
30.gif
The diamond, the setting and especially the story behind the bands! Congrats!
36.gif

Thank you AdiS! You are so nice to say that!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Just thought I''d give this thread a bump too since it totally deserves one. Your beautiful recut is really the inspiration for mine. I hope it works out like yours did!!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Isabelle:

What is the shank style on your ring? I was trying to tell WF what to do for mine and I thought it might have been a comfort fit??

LS

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results