shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for Split Shank

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mlh21

Rough_Rock
Hi all....I''ve been reading here for a while, so I figure it''s time to post.

I recently got engaged in July and has a custom ring made based on the Daniel K split shank. Now it''s time to start thinking about a wedding band! I love the the split and I''m starting to like the halo on some rings. Any ideas how I can get that without having to get a new ring? Thanks!

TwistedSplitShank

Rough_Rock
I have the twisted split shank that is posted in the new ring section. My fiance purchased my wedding bad at the same time (it is a set), but when mine is might work for you. Instead of being a continuous circle, it overlaps at the top, so one half will sit under my engagement ring and the other half will not, the result being that it looks like my engagement ring spirals around my finger. Not sure how it would look with a non twisted split shank, but figured it was worth mentioning. Mark Patterson (www.markpatterson.com) made my e-ring setting and w-band. I will try and take some pictures of the band with and without my setting this weekend (it is staying with my fiance, he doesn''t trust me to not wear it around just because it looks so cool).

When I was looking at settings I looked at the Daniel K and remember that he did have a matching pave band that was low enough to sit flush with the split shank, have you looked into that? Are you set on it sitting flush, or is a band with a slight curve it in OK? I was pretty set on having a straight band, I have a horse and will not always be wearing my e-ring when I ride, so I wanted something that would not look dumb (in my opinion) on its own.

Amy

mlh21

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 9:51:49 PM
Author: TwistedSplitShank
I have the twisted split shank that is posted in the new ring section. My fiance purchased my wedding bad at the same time (it is a set), but when mine is might work for you. Instead of being a continuous circle, it overlaps at the top, so one half will sit under my engagement ring and the other half will not, the result being that it looks like my engagement ring spirals around my finger. Not sure how it would look with a non twisted split shank, but figured it was worth mentioning. Mark Patterson (www.markpatterson.com) made my e-ring setting and w-band. I will try and take some pictures of the band with and without my setting this weekend (it is staying with my fiance, he doesn''t trust me to not wear it around just because it looks so cool).

When I was looking at settings I looked at the Daniel K and remember that he did have a matching pave band that was low enough to sit flush with the split shank, have you looked into that? Are you set on it sitting flush, or is a band with a slight curve it in OK? I was pretty set on having a straight band, I have a horse and will not always be wearing my e-ring when I ride, so I wanted something that would not look dumb (in my opinion) on its own.

Amy
Amy,

I would like the band to sit flush as well. I''ll have to take a look at that one again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results