shape
carat
color
clarity

I would love to see some NON-wedding rings bling!!!

brtb

Rough_Rock
So, after all that hoopla of getting a new wedding set made my husband and I are divorcing. I've sold all of the jewelry he ever gave me over the years (Yurman and the wedding set).

But, I feel like even though I won't be married I deserve to wear a little bling. My fingers look so bare. Everything I've seen looks like an engagement ring or wedding set.

I would love to see any non-wedding ring bling!

Thanks!

Mrs_A

Rough_Rock
I am sorry to hear about your divorce and you are quite right, you definitely deserve some bling!!! Are you just looking for ring bling, or all types (i.e. pendants / bracelets etc) Apologies though, I don't have anything to post myself right this second.

Stay happy :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear about your divorce... All the best for you.

You truly deserve some bling.
What are your current preferences and what budget do you have?

Without having this information I would say that a great blingy stack with diamond and plain bands will look nice. Or a ring with a beautiful colored stone in the center.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you thinking of a ring with a large solitaire? Those can look more matrimonial but adding side stones makes it less bridal. Also, colored stone rings and diamond bands aren't typical bridal designs.

Here are couple of pics of rings I bought myself in pre-wedded days. I still wear them.

p1010095__medium_.jpg

p1010012.jpg

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
Even though I'm married I know the dilemma. I have stones I'd like set in a less engagement type style. I think some vintage settings that are bold and worn alone, w/o a band, can be terrific and don't scream wedding....even if there is a center diamond/gemstone. Also some very clean bold modern looks are less bride-like to me.

what do you like? vintage, modern?

here are a few I like - esp worn on the middle finger of the right hand. ) only the Pomellato is mine - the others are Single Stone - which I'm obsessed with lately.

image_2.png

_348.png

dsc_4910.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My rings:

rings01.jpg

I wear the 3-stone ruby and diamond ring on my left hand ring finger, and the small EC on my right hand middle finger.

The rest are dress rings that I wear occasionally in lieu of my usual rings. The larger EC was my 40th birthday present to myself, and I do not like wearing it on a day to day basis as I believe it is too big and blingy for work where the uniform is a polo shirt!

I have always worn a ring on my left hand ring finger, started off with a sapphire diamond band given to me by my mum when I was in my teens, then moved onto my wedding set, then the 3-stone ruby ring given to me by my late partner. The bigger ruby halo ring was the other ring he gave to me before he died.

No one has ever asked me if I was attached when he/she saw a ring on my left hand ring finger.

Go on, OP, treat yourself to a nice ring to wear on your ring finger. :naughty:

DK :))

brtb

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of the posts. I loved my wedding set. It wasn't fancy, but it was a three stone bezel ring and I love bezel set stones. I didn't want to keep anything he had given me over the years. Bad energy. I'm going to start from scratch. I would love a bezel set diamond solitaire with a wide band, but that's too big of a purchase for me right now.

I've been eyeing this on Etsy (for my right hand). I love the stacking rings idea. Does it look too much like a wedding set, though?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/169019862/14k-yellow-gold-stacking-rings-with?ref=favs_view_8

What do you think about rose cut diamonds? Worth it or not?

il_147.jpg

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
I like rose cuts in bezels. I think it's a great look. Not really bridal to me.
I do think the cut & clarity matters even for such a shallow - more mellow - style cut.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a bezel set colourless gemstone ring in Argentium Silver until you can upgrade to a diamond in gold/platinum?

Have a look at some of the rings at Julia Kay Taylor's website: http://www.juliakaytaylor.com/rings.html

Jeff White is cutting a round 9mm approx. White Topaz for one of my projects, and he may have other roughs available.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were not married, I think I'd do a small diamond - maybe even a solitaire - for my middle finger. When I was a child and was given a ring, I always wore it on my middle finger. Everyone used to try to talk me out of it but I loved the look! So funny because I would most certainly think about doing it again if I was sans wedding rings!

I am sorry to hear about your divorce. Must be a painful thing but there is clearly life after a divorce too. I wish you all the best!

brtb

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of the ideas. I absolutely love the DY petite albion prasiolite and diamond ring.

Can you guys help me out on rose cut diamonds? Do I need to ask questions about cut and clarity? Etsy has a lot of nice ones for decent prices. Right now I feel that I light the chocolate colored rose cuts diamonds.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
brtb|1400715707|3677796 said:
Thanks for all of the ideas. I absolutely love the DY petite albion prasiolite and diamond ring.

Can you guys help me out on rose cut diamonds? Do I need to ask questions about cut and clarity? Etsy has a lot of nice ones for decent prices. Right now I feel that I light the chocolate colored rose cuts diamonds.
I would want a clear one . you know. Know visable inclusions or cloudy bits.

flash_and_fire

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry to hear about your divorce. I've been through one too and I think buying yourself some bling is just the thing to do to lift your spirits (I've done that too for far less heartbreaking experiences). I don't think the Etsy set looks like a wedding set at all. It's a beautiful set and affordably priced. Best of luck to you in your healing.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Sonia B. treasure of 175 full cut diamonds.

img_4617.jpg

img_4619.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Charles Krypell knock off from Fortchy's.

img_0059.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rather than to wait for a special someone to come into my life etc., I shall plan to have this ring made for my left hand ring finger some time in the future (I fancy a change from the 3-stone ruby heart with RB sides that I currently wear daily):

pink_sapphire_heart_ring_design.jpg

It is based on this design that caught my eye, as it is low profile and not too flashy for every day wear:

tsavoire-faire12a.gif

It will be made in all platinum, with a pink sapphire heart about 1.5ct concave cut by Richard Homer, and white diamonds or sapphire sides.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you plan to wear the ring everday? At work? Are you in your 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, etc-your age may help us focus on designs that are more modern or traditional. Chocolate diamonds are less costly than white diamonds and colored stones run the gamut of a rainbow. You may want to get less costly choices so you may get more rings-i.e. there are some beautiful pearl rings that can be traditional or modern and are less expensive than diamonds, rubies or sapphires but wearing a pearl everyday can be rough on the nacre. I am not a fan of chocolate, black or champagne diamonds so for me I would rather get a big topaz, peridot, amethyst, or any other gem stone in a nice heavy gold setting. Another option is a diamond cluster ring (not halo) sort of like the cocktail rings of the 50s. Scroll through the Colored Stone forum for ideas and also check the pearl forum too.

brtb

Rough_Rock
lambskin|1400804013|3678473 said:
Do you plan to wear the ring everday? At work? Are you in your 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, etc-your age may help us focus on designs that are more modern or traditional. Chocolate diamonds are less costly than white diamonds and colored stones run the gamut of a rainbow. You may want to get less costly choices so you may get more rings-i.e. there are some beautiful pearl rings that can be traditional or modern and are less expensive than diamonds, rubies or sapphires but wearing a pearl everyday can be rough on the nacre. I am not a fan of chocolate, black or champagne diamonds so for me I would rather get a big topaz, peridot, amethyst, or any other gem stone in a nice heavy gold setting. Another option is a diamond cluster ring (not halo) sort of like the cocktail rings of the 50s. Scroll through the Colored Stone forum for ideas and also check the pearl forum too.

Yes, I want something I can wear everyday. I sit behind a desk at a computer all take and take off my jewelry when I get home. I'm in my late 30s. This might sound strange, but even though I would love a white diamond sparkler, where I am right now in my life I feel like a chocolate diamond will make a statement for me. I know it sounds ridiculous and a little blah.

I'm definitely going to look into colored stones as well. I love all of the ideas you all have posted. Everything had been about my ideal wedding set and literally three months after I got it the marriage was over. So, now I don't know what I even like. One thing I do know is I love bezels!

Thanks!

brtb

Rough_Rock
baby monster|1400862674|3678838 said:
If you like bezels, check out this thread. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-bezel-rings.121897/..']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-bezel-rings.121897/....[/URL]. There are many non - bridal options there.

Here's one my fav bezel settings from cartier.

I was actually drooling over that thread this morning and did see a ring a like. I have a .23 carat round diamond that I don't wear. It's set in a bezel pendant right now. I could get it reset into a ring. It's not too big, but I think just the right size for what I need for now to make me feel like I have a little bling.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1400687654|3677504 said:

Wow, thanks so much, baby monster!

I was going to reply anyway that colored stones rings do not usually look like engagement rings especially when they are not solitaires, Bands can be mistaken for a wedding band, so I wouldn't really want to wear those on a left hand unless I wanted to convey that I was not available.

Here is a site with the best selection of non-engagement rings I've seen!

http://www.gabrielny.com/engaged/style/ER98636W44JJ.CSD4

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1400897745|3679111 said:
baby monster|1400687654|3677504 said:

Wow, thanks so much, baby monster!

I was going to reply anyway that colored stones rings do not usually look like engagement rings especially when they are not solitaires, Bands can be mistaken for a wedding band, so I wouldn't really want to wear those on a left hand unless I wanted to convey that I was not available.

Here is a site with the best selection of non-engagement rings I've seen!

http://www.gabrielny.com/engaged/style/ER98636W44JJ.CSD4

Nothing like seeing you posted the wrong link AFTER the edit button has disappeared!!! Disregard the link above!!!

http://www.escobardiamonds.com/showcase.aspx?showcaseid=3

Miss_Fluffy_Cat

Rough_Rock
How about something warm and organic - pearls, coral, or amber? An amber ring and amber bead necklace?

Turquoise, opal, cabochon stones instead of sharp facets. A signet ring with your own initials. Start collecting charms, one for each milestone of your new life. Were there any styles that you never wore because your ex didn't like them, time to indulge!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Oh brtb, I'm so sorry to read about your divorce! :(

Perhaps it's good you realize it now, rather than years from now when there might be children in the picture.

That said, I'm a big proponent of buying my own bling! I am married and my husband has bought me some lovely baubles, but I had quite a collection of my own before I even met him.

I think my favorite pieces (that I purchased myself) have a memory with them. Like, jewelry I bought when I graduated from grad school, or when I visited Cartier in St. Tropez, or just on a birthday binge with a good friend. So, I hope you go out and start creating your own memories!

Since you asked, I realized that I don't have many pictures of my jewelry, which I probably should do for insurance! So thank you - you have helped me! :)) That said, here is a Roberto Coin ring I bought at a trunk show, easily 10 years ago. It's a purple amethyst doublet with mother-of-pearl underneath, set with pink sapphires in rose gold. I love the glow that comes from this stone. It's the only picture I could find!

r_0.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Harpertoo|1400689536|3677519 said:
Even though I'm married I know the dilemma. I have stones I'd like set in a less engagement type style. I think some vintage settings that are bold and worn alone, w/o a band, can be terrific and don't scream wedding....even if there is a center diamond/gemstone. Also some very clean bold modern looks are less bride-like to me.

what do you like? vintage, modern?

here are a few I like - esp worn on the middle finger of the right hand. ) only the Pomellato is mine - the others are Single Stone - which I'm obsessed with lately.

Oh I LOVE that second ring. :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results