shape
carat
color
clarity

I've cured my DSS............................it's an N, SI 1

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All! I've been a frequent visitor of Pricescope. Last September I posted my 2.5 j SI 2 oval from Blue Nile that I thought I was crazy for. However after wearing it for 7-8 days I realized that I couldn't get used to the shape, I liked the length but the width seemed narrow. I really wanted the best finger coverage I could get and I thought an oval would do it. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-oval-solitaire.149550/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-oval-solitaire.149550/[/URL]
So I returned it.
Then came my search for a 3 ct, my husband always joked that I should have 3 carats for giving birth to 3 kids. Well I held him to it and found my stone at ID Jewelry, it fit my parameters: budget, GIA stone, decent cut (to me at least) and great spread. Luann from ID found an initial setting for me, but it was too delicate a mounting for the stone and ID Jewelry graciously took it back. I had them set it in the Swan by Vatche. It's such a lovely setting, I know there is quite a history of this ring on PS I hope my diamond does it justice.
So here's my N SI 1
9.49-9.54x5.58
VG/ex/ex
It didn't perform well on the HCA, there's no H&A and I'm sure there's lots of leakage of some sort but I'm so happy to be able to own it!

RSCN0937.jpg

DSCN0912.jpg

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Re: I've cured my DSS............................it's an N,

You can definitely see body color from the side. From top it looks creamy, my other diamonds look steely grayish (probably not the best diamonds) next to this one. I never would've considered a lower color diamond but the many beautiful examples here on Price Scope (and Wink Jones videos) helped me determine that color isn't really a factor to me. So yes I would say that I'm cured of DSS forever! Now onto stacking bands.....

RSCN0941.jpg

RSCN0934.jpg

RSCN0947.jpg

RSCN0949.jpg

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock

Here's some pictures from Luann with some stacking bands. Not sure which one to go with. Working with ID Jewelry was very smooth sailing, only a few emails back and forth and a couple of phone calls.

Picture-105.jpg

Picture-106.jpg

Picture-107.jpg

Picture-109.jpg

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock

wow! It's beautiful! I love it! Congrats! :wavey:

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock

I do love it, the warmer stones really speak to me. It looks so pretty in the Swan which has also grown on me the more I see it. Enjoy!!!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

That is by far one of my favorite settings!!! I loooove the stone too! I too sacrificed color for a little more size and am thrilled I did. Congrats!!

reader

Brilliant_Rock

Finger coverage is right! I LIKE!

purplesilk

Brilliant_Rock

Great finger coverage, beautiful setting (I love it, it seems so fluid) and wonderful diamond (most of the times, lower colors give character to big stones, so they could not be mistaken for icy white cz)...don't set on HCA performances, trust your eyes, your not a calculator, but a woman with beautiful hands and hair (no, not on your gracious hands!!! :lol: )...enjoy your new ring.

angeline

Ideal_Rock

So pretty!!! and what a honker :love: :love: I agree about the setting, I think the Swan is perfect, very elegant and really shows that gorgeous diamond off. Lovely pics too thank you.

Congrats on your new diamond and wear it in the best of health!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Very pretty, I love that setting.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

Very nice!!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock

OMG! It's gorgeous!

You are a very lucky lady!

Almost makes me want to go out and have three kids too!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful stone and Love the Vatche Swan. Enjoy!!

I own an N SI1 from Infinity, bought from Wink and I was O so close to going with the Swan.

oranges

Brilliant_Rock

WOW! It's absolutely gorgeous. :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, that sure is a stunning stone! :lickout:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love it...The setting is amazing and as long as you like the lower colors, i think that it's a great choice because it is a real honker...Wow, talking about finger coverage :love: By the way...it looks amazing on your hand :appl:

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, how lovely! The color in that diamond is so luscious; it almost reminds me of a rich warm butterscotch (not exactly, but you know what I mean :wacko: ); it's simply delicious!!

I dig your setting, too. It's so classic. I can't pick a stacking band though because they all look so great with it. Can you get away with all of them?? :Up_to_something: :D

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock

What a stunner. And the Swan makes it that much more great! 8)

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock

oooohhhhhh :love: I like it a lot more than the oval. Such a good size for your finger!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

congrats - that's so pretty on you!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock

WHAT A BEAUTY!!!!
Love love the warmth... You'll be loving it for years to come!!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Sparkly Blonde|1289400310|2759986 said:
oooohhhhhh :love: I like it a lot more than the oval. Such a good size for your finger!

Ditto this - it's a fabulous stone, and a great setting!

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock

SandyCheeks|1289367549|2759803 said:
Hi All! I've been a frequent visitor of Pricescope. Last September I posted my 2.5 j SI 2 oval from Blue Nile that I thought I was crazy for. However after wearing it for 7-8 days I realized that I couldn't get used to the shape, I liked the length but the width seemed narrow. I really wanted the best finger coverage I could get and I thought an oval would do it. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-oval-solitaire.149550/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-oval-solitaire.149550/[/URL]
So I returned it.
Then came my search for a 3 ct, my husband always joked that I should have 3 carats for giving birth to 3 kids. Well I held him to it and found my stone at ID Jewelry, it fit my parameters: budget, GIA stone, decent cut (to me at least) and great spread. Luann from ID found an initial setting for me, but it was too delicate a mounting for the stone and ID Jewelry graciously took it back. I had them set it in the Swan by Vatche. It's such a lovely setting, I know there is quite a history of this ring on PS I hope my diamond does it justice.
So here's my N SI 1
9.49-9.54x5.58
VG/ex/ex
It didn't perform well on the HCA, there's no H&A and I'm sure there's lots of leakage of some sort but I'm so happy to be able to own it!

I think this is a perfect example of how it's not about the perfect stone according to numbers, but the perfect stone for you. So many people get wrapped up with pefect cut perameters that they miss out on beautiful stones. Glad you got exactly what you want! :appl:

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Oh, it's so beautiful! The stone is gorgeous and the setting is just perfect - congratulations!

tigian

Ideal_Rock

It's beautiful! You're a lucky lady figuring out how to cure your DSS. The setting is perfect. I love all the band options!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Really lovely! I love the color and the setting!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock

Wow it's HUGE! Looks great (and HUGE) on your hand! :) I just love RBs... I like it much more than the oval. Congrats!!!!

I also like your nail polish- it seems to be a really popular shade of polish on PS lately :)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Very lovely diamond. I wonder if you will get another case of DSS in a little while.... :o :bigsmile: :appl:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Oh WOW that is a gorgeous ring! I just love a simple solitaire but that setting adds a little something extra. I much prefer it to the oval. What a lucky lady :wink2:

loriken214

Ideal_Rock

How exciting...it is an amazing beauty!!!

Lori

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results