shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ve been holding out

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mamalala

Rough_Rock
Ok, so I started with a .73 J VS1 stone, then upgraded to a 1CT J SI2. Well, the SI2 was visibly bothering me especially when I took pics on macro setting, so I wanted to get my old stone back (the .73) but they had sold it. I wanted to find something with the same specs, and I picked out this .85 J VS2 stone that I''ve had for a little over a month now and am very happy with (and haven''t posted pics). Here they are!

PJ4 178352987444.jpg

beesknees

Rough_Rock
Very pretty and I love the look of it with your wedding band! Is it a full eternity?

mamalala

Rough_Rock
Thanks beesknees, it is actually half eternity. It spins so much, though, that I wish I had opted for the full eternity!

nicoley05

Rough_Rock
Beautiful set!!!
30.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
OMG...that is such a gorgeous ring! You must have the tiniest fingers, because that 85 pointer looks like a carat and a half on your finger!! Congrats on finding the diamond of your dreams!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you were able to find a diamond that made you happy! It is beautiful!

And I love your watch! What kind is it?

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely lovely! Thanks for sharing.
36.gif

mamalala

Rough_Rock
TY TY! Tberube, I wear a size 4, so it does look a little bigger but not 1.5 big. Most people just ask if it''s "a carat or something."
41.gif

Diamondseeker, it is a cheap Anne Klein with {gasp} crystals, not diamonds. But I love it all the same as it came from DH. He understands diamond rings, but NOT diamond watches. Maybe in a few years he''ll come around.
31.gif

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/24/2007 12:22:50 PM
Author: mamalala
TY TY! Tberube, I wear a size 4, so it does look a little bigger but not 1.5 big. Most people just ask if it''s ''a carat or something.''
41.gif

Diamondseeker, it is a cheap Anne Klein with {gasp} crystals, not diamonds. But I love it all the same as it came from DH. He understands diamond rings, but NOT diamond watches. Maybe in a few years he''ll come around.
31.gif

That''s funny. I buy diamond watches for myself and tell DF they are crystals. Haha. Oh geez. Off topic, sorry.

But Mamalala, when I first became a PS member I was browsing through the Under 1ct thread and fell in loOOOOOve with your first ring. It looked fabulous on you. You have such elegant, classic taste.

mamalala

Rough_Rock
Wow Ang, thank you for the compliments. I must say my taste has been influenced by this board and it is a very classy board indeed.
36.gif

He shakes his head at all the diamond accessories I''ve acquired over the years (from him mind you), but if there was a diamond encrusted XBOX, he''d be the first to jump on the band wagon!

mamalala

Rough_Rock
Here it is on my 2 year old daughter''s hand. (She looooves my sparklies, starting her young!)

PJ4 11345267444.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely, congrats!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
mamalala,

I am DELIGHTED you are happy with your new stone. Well done for changing from the SI2, there is certainly no point in having a stone that bothers YOU, no matter what others may think. I am a big fan of SI stones, but it has to be the right one no matter what clarity you buy.

Congrats again. Oh and your daughters'' hand looks darling with your beauty!
36.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings and watch. I really did think the ER was over 1 carat. It looks huge on your finger!

mamalala

Rough_Rock
1.gif
Thanks, Steel! I just read your posts and am SO happy to hear that everything was returned unharmed and beautiful. I love your rings, especially the scattered band which I would like to get one day.

Round brilliants can be quite deceiving, huh Lyra?
1.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Are you sure it''s only a .85? It looks huge!!!

Anastasia Jane

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/24/2007 11:18:57 AM
Author: mamalala
Thanks beesknees, it is actually half eternity. It spins so much, though, that I wish I had opted for the full eternity!
I had sizing beads put into my half eternity and it did stop the spinning. They felt too "pokey" at first so I had the jeweler file them down a bit and now I don''t even feel them. They add a little weight to the bottom of the ring and slightly grab onto the underside of your finger.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring, it is a beauty! Wear it in good health!

mamalala

Rough_Rock
That''s what the cert says, Moonwater!
28.gif

Thanks for the info about the sizing beads Anastasia. Luckily, it is half eternity which means I can get it sized down, but am comtemplating doing that in the event that I have another baby, gain weight, etc.

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
30.gif

Wow! beautifull ring! looks MUCH whiter then a J!! I''m all for icey stones and no way i would have ever pegged that at a J!
Also i''m going to have to agree with everyone else, that looks much bigger then a .85!

mamalala

Rough_Rock
TY everyone!

Snow, it is ideal cut and a round, so those 2 things help mask the color. From the side it is not completely icey white, but also not yellow at all...right in between.

I hope to get flower pics while the sun is out tomorrow!

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
mamalala you must have pretty small hands coz the rock looks very big on you. what size do you wear?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results