shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ve been holding out- new antique pendant & new ering engraving!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I got some sparkly stuff I’ve been sitting on for the past month or so. Also I got my 3.55 ct OEC’s setting engraved by Greenlake Jewelers; I like it so much more now. I still don’t love the triple halo thing, but I can live with it better with an interesting profile view. (The diamond was sold preset- the setting wasn’t my choice, hence the mild angst.)

Anyway. Greenlake Jewelers artist Larry spent two weeks decorating it and he did a really nice job! I think his work is pretty close to as nice as some antique engraving I’ve seen. It’s way better than 99% of the modern (OK, Van Craeynest is better, but they’re just magical). I also gained a bit of appreciation for the workmanship on the setting- they said it was incredibly well made and the melee was beautifully set, which I hadn''t realized. Makes me feel a bit friendlier towards it.

I had also been craving a pendant lately- I’d been drooling on bezel set ones but I finally decided they’re too modern & sleek for my style, which I new, but they look so pretty on other people! But I figured there was no WAY I could afford any other type of setting, like an antique filigree one for example. (See: I blew all my sparkly $ nest egg on the 3.55 OEC!). Then, at work today a dealer brought in a pendant I just adored. It is a beautiful filigree design with single cut melee, and an 8.5mm (transitional?) cut blue zircon*. I was thinking of swapping the zircon out for something else that''s colorless, but after seeing it in the sunlight, it actually is rather fiery, I guess zircon has decent dispersion. Still, teal blue is VERY not my color... I adore the setting though. I have no idea what metal it''s made out of, it is surprisingly unmarked; it''s almost too white to be antique white gold but not heavy enough to be plat; maybe palladium? Or maybe someone rhodium plated some antique white gold for some weird reason. And I''m pretty sure it''s a transitional cut- the facets look chunky to me but it''s hard to see real well with the deep color, and it has a teensy culet I think. I brought it to my jeweler to swap the stone out already... just looking at it he thought it was an irradiated blue diamond, which it sure does resemble.

Anyway, I paid very little for the pendant, and I’m thrilled with it! Can you imagine it with an 8.5mm antique cut diamond?! OK, that’ll never happen, but it’d be smashing. No clue what I''ll do with the antique zircon though.

I also recently got a new 14K white gold & diamond nose stud ($59 and super cute!). It''s 1.5mm and bezel set, the bezel is super delicate and teensy and it actually has a bit of fire despite the tiny size (if I manage to keep my makeup off it that is
20.gif
). It''s NOT coming out of my nose without a very painful struggle so no pics, sorry! It''s so much better than the swarovski crystal I had before- that turned a bilious shade of icky green, ew.

*Not CZ! The gemstone zircon.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
The pendant. I love single cuts! And the teensy split claw prongs are spiffy too, they're very delicate and tiny in person.

zirconpend4sm.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
And, last pic, a faceup shot. It's an M colored VS2 (due to a girdle chip- otherwise IF). Of all the pics I have of this stone I think this shows it's true faceup color the best, though it often looks even whiter. It often goes dark-with-major-fire like an ideal cut does in spot lighting or flash photos (like in my hand shot).

zengrave2.jpg

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
the pendant is Gorgeous!! i love the color!! and of course, the ring is fabulous too!! i''d love to see some hand shots, if you ever feel the need to have a photo session!!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Vita*dolce, I am a picture takin' freak so of course I have some
9.gif
It'd look lovely on long slender fingers but, of course, I only have short stumpy paws. Size 5.5, but I like wearing a 6, I detest tight rings and don't mind a bit of ring spinning around.

Oh, and of course this also showcases the icky tat on my index finger. Someday I might get around to removing it. Of all the tattoos I have (many) this is the only one I regret, I got it when I was very young and clearly not in my right mind!

3.4oec18edxxxx.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, amazing ring and pendant; I love
30.gif
30.gif
the details!!!!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh I just love that ring. I''ve seen your original thread on it and now, with the engraving, it has even more character! I love the warmth and the flashes of color. It really is a beautiful, beautiful piece. Whoever you hand it down to will be very lucky. If you don''t mind me asking, what does the marking on your index finger signify? Its pretty cool too!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2008 12:20:49 AM
Author: somehowcollide
Ooooh I just love that ring. I've seen your original thread on it and now, with the engraving, it has even more character! I love the warmth and the flashes of color. It really is a beautiful, beautiful piece. Whoever you hand it down to will be very lucky. If you don't mind me asking, what does the marking on your index finger signify? Its pretty cool too!
*Snork* that delightful "marking" is a crap tattoo my 17 yr old self (or was I 18?) decided was a great plan. (If you are predisposed to bipolar disorder DON'T take an SSRI, or you too may decide that decorating your index finger permanently is a fabulous idea.) Perhaps not one of my best ideas ever. I don't even remember what exactly I was thinking about at the time! I'm sure it seemed deeply symbolic and stuff
20.gif
I guess I didn't think about what it would 1. look like with a wedding ring or 2. look like after 15 years. I wore a ring over it for years but it looks weird with any other ring, unfortunately. I did find the perfect distractor from it I think- ever since wearing the hugemongous ring on that hand, nobody's asked about the tat lately!
16.gif
After that tattoo, I did make a rule for myself that I would think about any other ink for a year minimum, and if it still seemed like a good idea then it was OK. The last one I planned for five years actually and I LOVE it! But it's not on my index finger interfering with jewelry either
2.gif

Thanks ladies
9.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
glad you kept the zircon...remember to keep it(store it) out of direct sunlight.Zircons are not a stable gemstone.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2008 1:15:13 AM
Author: jewelerman
glad you kept the zircon...remember to keep it(store it) out of direct sunlight.Zircons are not a stable gemstone.
Ooh, thanks for telling me. I''m fully clueless with colored stones and had no idea. I''ll have to put it in a good setting someday but I''m going to have to be good for a while
2.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The engraving on your ring is absolutely gorgeous and I have to say that I LOVE the pendant. Beautiful!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love that pendant. The zircon is beautiful and it must be stunning in direct light.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I love the pendant, and the engraving is GORGEOUS!!!!!
36.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your ring - the engraving is TDF and I LOVE the warmth - fabulouso!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, I adore that pendant! Seriously.
30.gif

And GL did a fantastic job on your setting. Very pretty. And that stone, well, what can ya say? *swoon*

Congrats on your pretties!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are to die for!! I love the engraving, I think you made an awesome choice getting that done. The pendant is stunning, I really wouldn''t change a thing on it!!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Kitten! What beautiful workmanship, and what a heavenly, heavenly stone!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the pendant...I love Blue Zircons!

The engraving on your ring make it even more beautiful than it was before (didn''t think that was possible)!

As for the tattoo...we have all done things that we regret, right? Consider it part of your history
5.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely pieces--congrats!

cheers--Sharon

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the engraving on the ring...just the perfect touch! And the pendant is GORGEOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results