shape
carat
color
clarity

I Need Advice/opinions! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Hello all, I have a dilemma which I must work out before I get started on my upgrade !!! I am going to have my .52 diamond reset in a custom ring that will be the pave'' around the center diamond but the diamond will be prong set, and I am going to have pave'' 1/2 way down the shank. My problem is my wedding ring. I have a white gold band that has 11 2pters channel set with "stamping" along the edges that makes it look like it is millgrained. I am going to have the "stamping" filed off so it becomes a 2.2 mm band. I don''t know if I should have the ring designed so that my wb will "fit " underneath it ( which would cover up the diamonds) or of I should not worry about them fitting together as a "set" . What do you all think would look better. I know it is a personnal prefference but I can''t decide!!! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! Thanks all!
Lisa

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I would prefer that the band sit flush with the engagement ring, but it''s all personal preference. A lot depends on how far the new setting will push out the wedding band as to how it will look.

Hiya, Lisa:

My wedding band doesn''t sit flush with my e-ring, and that''s okay with me. Everyone is different. (I posted about this a few weeks back, and folks definately had different preferences, like you said.)

Here''s an idea: could you go into a mall store and ask to try on some rings that don''t sit flush? Or maybe a friend has a ring that is similar in size to the one you''re having made, and you could try your band on with it? Sometimes it really helps just to try a bunch of stuff on.

Smiles, Mary

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Thank you both for the responses. I have tried on a few rings, actually I tried on the Ritani endless love, which is a favorite of mine and is inspiring this whole thing, but I didn''t try it on w/ my wb, DUH I know!!! I guess it doesn''t REALLY matter to me. I am used to my rings sitting flush w/ eachother, but I don''t think I would mind if they didn''t. I will do more reasearch and try more rings on w/ my wedding band this time!!

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Well i am heading to Jewlers row on Weds. and hopefully going to figure this out! I am So excited to get this started! Heading to Barskys any experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results