carat
color
clarity

I'm married! Octavia asscher and MaeVona wedding band ♥

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello again PS!

It's been a while, and things have been quite busy, and I am just now getting around to posting photos of my wedding set. Some of you may remember me posting my engagement ring back in fall of 2013: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ith-joy-proposal-story-octavia-e-ring.193085/

Well, G and I got married last September, and I thought I'd update you all with a few photos of the complete set! Some of you may also remember me not loving my original prongs. Thankfully, my best friend is a talented jeweler and she was able to redo my prongs for me.

Here are my original prongs:

wp_20130905_027.jpg

Perfectly functional, but they kind of broke up the angular, linear aesthetic of the rest of the ring. My BFF redid my prongs for me and the ring was finished the day before my wedding! Waiting for the results was tough but it turned out beautifully. She ended up building up my prongs with a laser starting all the way from the bottom of the basket. Here it is halfway done:

v__972a.jpg

In the end even after the prongs were done it took several hours to set the stone properly. Thankfully the end result was exactly what I had envisioned! She built me beautiful shelf prongs and I think they do a better job of framing the diamond and preserving its octagonal shape. It looks like a whole new ring now, and amazingly, my diamond now appears much larger on the hand.

We paired my engagement ring with the Cava emerald band from MaeVona. It has many baby emerald cuts set in notched channels and the style mimics that of my engagement ring. Jeff Cooper actually has a matching band for my ring, but I ended up not wanting to mix rounds and step cuts, so I opted for the MaeVona instead. He chose a black ceramic band. I wanted to design him something fancy and unique, but he wanted to do something simple. :)

And then we got married! Here are a few shots from the day of:

008_1.jpg
007_0.jpg
507.jpg
wp_20140920_004.jpg

And a shot of us, just for fun:

230.jpg

Our wedding day was perfect. Plus, being married is awesome because you get to wear more rings ;-)

Here are a few more shots of my set! (the following photos are by Nikki Closser)

charlie-ring-2_0.jpg
charlie-ring-0_0.jpg

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have one of the most beautiful sets! Simply stunning! :love:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, beautiful rings!.. :love: :appl: be proud b/c you are one of the 25 people on earth whom is sporting an Octavia.. ;))

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your rings are so lovely, and imagine having a friend who could re-do your prong so beautifully!
But that red dress!! Stunning!!
Congratulations and best wishes!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the new prongs, lovely ring and set, and congratulations!

DK :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOW! Scrumptious!

cheers--Sharon

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Love your band, love the new prongs, love the red dress :love: :love: :love: Spectacular taste :appl: Congratulations!

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Awww, thank you, friends! :D

I know it was a few months ago now, but so many PSers have been so helpful through the rings and wedding planning process.... I would be remiss not to share any photos with you all!

Oh and thank you for all the compliments on my dress! I always knew I wanted a colored wedding dress, but I didn't know I wanted red specifically until I met this dress! I plan to rewear it many times in the future... in fact, I wore it again for the opera this past weekend. I'm so glad I can continue to get some use out of my dress :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that is awesome! It is such a gorgeous dress! (I saw your other pics but had no idea it was also your wedding dress!)

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your marriage! Your wedding set is lovely :appl: Love the all the step cuts :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous set! You looked absolutely stunning in that red dress!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
kicken!!!!

Congrates!!!!!!!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your jeweller really got it right, both rings are stunning, congrats!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings and gorgeous dress! :love: WOW, really beautiful on all fronts. That dress is OMG :love: . Congratulations on your wedding and wishing you happiness and love. And I wouldn't mind more pics. :appl:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, wonderful set! The band goes with it perfectly and I just love the red dress! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I already loved your e-ring and it's great to see your wedding set. Congrats with your marriage. You looked stunning in your fabulous red dress. Enjoy wearing your beautiful set.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your dress...and your set is beautiful!

Vampira

Rough_Rock
Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL set, the band goes with your ring so well and the revised prongs are dynamite! You're right, they really do amp up the geometry. Congratulations!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your rings are just exquisite and your red dress is stunning!!!

debi1960

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! I love your engagement ring and wedding band. It is so elegant. Beautiful!!! Wear it in good health for years to come!! :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results